Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths

• 31-08-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭

I am in 6th year now and I am thinking of doing HL Applied Maths (on my own).
    The exam looks quite easy and I can do some of the questions already, but I guess I will still need book.

So my questions:
    • Which book would you recommend?
    • Are there any compulsory projects I would have to?
    • Is there anything else I should know about?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The two threads below this are about Applied Maths. Have a read through those.

Oliver Murphy's book is the popular choice. I don't understand what you mean by 'compulsory projects'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean by 'compulsory projects'.

Something I need to do in order to pass. For example for Physics I need to do the experiment copy. Is there something like that for Applied Maths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭micar

http://www.schoolbooksireland.ie/Fundamental-Applied-Maths-Leaving-Cert-Folens-2nd-Edition/9781847411877/

If you are doing Hon Maths and Hon Physics then you find this a piece of piss. It's a lot more practical and interesting that maths and physics. It's a beautiful subject!!!!!!

You will still need to put in the work!!!!

I'm a little surprised that it's not taught in your school.

BTW, I was not allowed to do Applied Maths in school as I was not doing Maths and Physics. I was doing biology. :(

However, I did Applied Maths in college.

Have a look at the book in Easons.

Also, you might (unknown to you) have others wanting to do this subject in school, ask around. You should inquire if there is a teacher in your school who would be able to teach it. She/He might be willing to teach it during lunch once or twice a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement