Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear of Losing Other Parent

• 31-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty simple really - one of my parents died when I was younger (12).

In my 20s now, and I'm really scared about my other parent dying. I suppose I've always been conscious that it's a possibility, but now it really weighs on my mind. We get along fine most of the time, but argue some of the time, and I feel so guilty about it. I just can't imagine a world without that parent in it, and I'm just worried about it.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there any way to alleviate it slightly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been difficult for you at that young age.

Its better to appreciate the time you have now while your parent is still alive, rather than imagining the worst. Spend time together and create happy memories you will cherish forever. If you argue, think of the bigger picture and realize its not worth arguing over petty things.

Remember everyone will die one day, its a natural part of life. So its going to weigh you down worrying about something you cannot control.

Advertisement