Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin rental prices & parking

Options
  • 31-08-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I've been searching for the last few months for rental properties in Dublin and I'm amazed how expensive rent has gotten since I was looking for properties this time last year. What's the cause of this can anyone tell me? Property tax? Household charge? Demand? All three?!! For example, I saw an ad for a 2 bed apt in Dublin 22 a few months back for €650. Saw the same place a few weeks ago for €850 :eek: Not the nicest area either.

On another note, I've noticed something that's becoming more prevalent in apartment rental ads - "Parking available at additional cost" As if prices weren't high enough :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's quite common in city centre apartments that parking isn't automatically included as parking spaces cost extra at purchase and the landlord tries to recoup that either by charging the tenants rent on the space or renting the space to someone else if there's demand.

Rents are rising in Dublin, plenty of media attention to this recently. Demand had decreased but it's rising again and this always pushes rents up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Supply is tight.
    There is group of professionals from the age of 24 up to 30 who weren't in a position to buy during the boom and can't buy now because of lack of credit, or a complete lack of houses in desirable areas for sale.

One of the apartments in town that my parents have has a parking space with it.

When they can rent it at 150 quid a month(what they got this year) why would they offer it to the tenant at a reduced price.
    If it was back in 2009-2010 when it was tough to rent properties, they'd have included it in the rent
    Thankfully the same tenant has been there since 2007.

Advertisement