Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva

Options
  • 31-08-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just throwing this out there......Is it just me or does anyone else find Mario Rosenstock's Aviva ad where he caricatures a heavy metal guitarist absolutely infuriating? :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXOa1n7psZU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, we were talking about this here the other day. The second ad where he's making noise on the guitar and then does the 'phone' gesture instead of the 'horns' gesture at the end. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

I thought it was funny. But then i know some guys like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hellyeah wrote: »
    I thought it was funny. But then i know some guys like that.

Thought it was funny too,at least it didn't have him worshipping at the alter of Satan and eating the head off a bat or other stupid crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As I mentioned before, I don't like it, but not cause of the metal thing. I didn't like the rugby ad, or the (I think) dog racing one before that. I think Mario just annoys me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Angron wrote: »
    As I mentioned before, I don't like it, but not cause of the metal thing. I didn't like the rugby ad, or the (I think) dog racing one before that. I think Mario just annoys me.

Mario Laughingstock? Yeah, a definite bollocks there :D

Wasn't funny, isn't funny, will never be funny.

And I've never even seen the feckin ad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I think it's a bit 'meh', just because it's not really funny in any sense. I applaud it though because the majority of metallers take themselves way too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The "RWARAVIVA" at the end was cringe. I laughed at the start the first time I saw it though.

Scaarllleeehhhh on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone who'd get offended or defensive by it I'd just have to laugh at. Mind you i tend to think that way for everything. & I'm easily amused.

Advertisement