Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing my UPC modem with something from amazon

• 31-08-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

So I recently had UPC installed in my apartment and its working fine. However the modem that came with the installation has to keep switching to wireless G (54Mb) is not able to provide the 100Mb I'm subscribed to. It seems to only have one arial and thus cannot handle both N and G signals.

I'm looking to replace the Technicolor TC720.U with something else and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with something like this ?

Comments

You can't replace the Technicolor but you can disable the wireless and add another router or access point to it. If your only issue is with the wireless performance I'd recommend an access point rather than a router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Karsini wrote: »
    You can't replace the Technicolor but you can disable the wireless and add another router or access point to it. If your only issue is with the wireless performance I'd recommend an access point rather than a router.

I second this

Advertisement