Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Payment?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have started receiving their BTEA yet, or if they have been told yet when it will go into our accounts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

First Thursday after the start of lectures seems to be the standard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry for dragging up an old thread,Have ye received your btea payments yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BinaryRyan

Yeah I have, started receiving it this week drop in my letter on the week before last.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maryi2013

No STILL waiting!! Is anybody else still waiting? It was switched immediately the last 2 septembers. This is really annoying as I am working part time and this affects my payment as they are deducting my €188. You really are punished for working part time in this country...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

maryi2013 wrote: »
    No STILL waiting!! Is anybody else still waiting? It was switched immediately the last 2 septembers. This is really annoying as I am working part time and this affects my payment as they are deducting my €188. You really are punished for working part time in this country...

Still waiting here too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

if you are in Cork there is a delay of some kind, i am still waiting too despite having it the first week the last two years.

what i want to know is will they back date it since the delay is on their end? i am so broke its not even funny.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    if you are in Cork there is a delay of some kind, i am still waiting too despite having it the first week the last two years.

what i want to know is will they back date it since the delay is on their end? i am so broke its not even funny.

Are you not getting your jsa while you wait to be switched over?

Are you not getting your jsa while you wait to be switched over?

i don't get JSA, :( so nope, i am going in again in the morning just to make sure there are no issues,

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i don't get JSA, :( so nope, i am going in again in the morning just to make sure there are no issues,

Ohhh :( I thought you had to be on jsa to qualify?I rang the cork office friday afternoon to ask them when id be switched over they said there still trying to process applications.

Ohhh :( I thought you had to be on jsa to qualify?I rang the cork office friday afternoon to ask them when id be switched over they said there still trying to process applications.

i was on JSA 3 years ago when i was made redundant and thats how i qualified, i get btea for the four years i am in college,so i should be on it automatically but i was told two weeks ago there was a delay in switching the applications to btea due to the amount of people being switched over,

• Advertisement

just went in again after my lecture this morning, and was told i am set up for this thursday and it will be backdated (if that helps anybody here) - Cork office

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I really, really hope they backdate it to the term start date (2nd of Sept for me). I've only been getting JSA of €8.80 a week and I owe quite a chunk of money at this stage, both to the college and loan wise :(

EDIT: Got a payment today but it's only for one week. Would I be wrong to go in to them and ask for the other three weeks payments?

Still waiting for my payment to be switched over,was due to sign on tomorrow but didn't receive any txt about it like I normally do the day before,jsa was in the post office,should I still go in and sign on tomorrow?on the receipt I received today it said next signing date june 24 2014 but it always said on the txt to ignore that date so I dunno what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

Hey guys, they told me today that I dont have to sign in but I am still getting 100 euro per week, I should be getting 160 ;/ I dont understand this.

Mssg wrote: »
    Hey guys, they told me today that I dont have to sign in but I am still getting 100 euro per week, I should be getting 160 ;/ I dont understand this.

How old are you?

How old are you?

I am 21

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Still waiting for my payment to be switched over,was due to sign on tomorrow but didn't receive any txt about it like I normally do the day before,jsa was in the post office,should I still go in and sign on tomorrow?on the receipt I received today it said next signing date june 24 2014 but it always said on the txt to ignore that date so I dunno what to do.

I'm still waiting too and rang about this today and was told to sign on as normal and keep collecting my payment in the post office.

This whole thing is a debacle, you get put on Illness Benefit, JSA, JSB etc in a relatively quick amount of time after applying and here we all are trying to better ourselves by getting an education and we're still waiting despite having applied months ago. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maryi2013

Still waiting as well. I really don't understand this, is it not just a case of seeing my registration letter and then pressing the 'enter' key?? I have friends who can't be bothered to work part time, they live off the €188 on JSA and then immediately switch to BTEA in September when they start back at college. It actually cost me to work during the summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I am 21

They are wrong

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/353_Back-to-Education-Allowance.aspx

If you are a new participant aged under 25 and you were getting a reduced age-related payment jobseeker's payment, you will get a new personal maximum BTEA rate of €160.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

They are wrong

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/353_Back-to-Education-Allowance.aspx

If you are a new participant aged under 25 and you were getting a reduced age-related payment jobseeker's payment, you will get a new personal maximum BTEA rate of €160.

Should I wait or ask them whats going on? I hate visiting my local welfare office.

3 weeks ago I sent them letter from the college that I register etc... however I never get any response back... is this normal?

• Advertisement

Should I wait or ask them whats going on? I hate visiting my local welfare office.

3 weeks ago I sent them letter from the college that I register etc... however I never get any response back... is this normal?

Ask them

You will need to be backdated the extra 60 euro per week as well.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Okey guys, problem solved.

I visited my local welfare office and they gave me a number to ring. I ring the number, explained my problem and they told me that I will be getting 160 from next week. That was probably computer error and without ringing them, I still will be getting only 100 euro per week.

If you are still waiting, better ring them as soon as possible cuz looks like they have same mess like HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Why don't you call them instead? Not getting a response is normal though I've found. There's a total lack of information and communication from them. I've regularly called them but just keep being told they're processing them as fast as they can.

Okey guys, problem solved.

I visited my local welfare office and they gave me a number to ring. I ring the number, explained my problem and they told me that I will be getting 160 from next week. That was probably computer error and without ringing them, I still will be getting only 100 euro per week.

If you are still waiting, better ring them as soon as possible cuz looks like they have same mess like HSE.
    do you get backpaid the extra 60 from the last week or two

Terry Pratchet

do you get backpaid the extra 60 from the last week or two

not 100% sure because I forgot to ask about that, I will let you know on tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Still no b t e a here in Galway.. Shocking, can't apply for stuðent loan without it and no idea will we have to go from a monday to thursdaywithout any payment when they do actually pay.. Going to hone again first thing Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

dharma200 wrote: »
    Still no b t e a here in Galway.. Shocking, can't apply for stuðent loan without it and no idea will we have to go from a monday to thursdaywithout any payment when they do actually pay.. Going to hone again first thing Monday

I'm in the same boat. I've rang and rang and rang. I called the one in Carrick and they were very friendly but couldn't tell me anything either. apparently Galway has a "serious back log" and they are trying to sort through it. I'm dreading going into the Post office to get my JSA and it wont be there because i havent signed on. :/ It's completely ridiculous, it's October!! even more annoyling i've been offered some part time work but i can't start till my JSA is switched to BTEA.!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Yeah still waiting here in kk too. Was in my local SW office the other day and they said my form still hasnt been processed yet!(I switched from VTOS about 6 weeks ago so had to renew BTEA form). Still signing on too for JSA for the last few weeks but not getting anything either-have to do this to be elligible for the BTEA. Not a Red cent in sight!!

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I've rang and rang and rang. I called the one in Carrick and they were very friendly but couldn't tell me anything either. apparently Galway has a "serious back log" and they are trying to sort through it. I'm dreading going into the Post office to get my JSA and it wont be there because i havent signed on. :/ It's completely ridiculous, it's October!! even more annoyling i've been offered some part time work but i can't start till my JSA is switched to BTEA.!! :mad:

I feel your pain,I am in the boat,was meant to sign on last Tuesday and I went in and they told me I didn't have to sign on again till next June,I have the same fear as you that it won't be there next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I'm a mature student who's not currently working. I'm looking for a part time job tho and I'm wondering wot are the rules about working while on BTEA? I've had a look at the BTEA page on citizensiformation.ie but I can't find any information about it there. I thought you guys might be more knowledgable.

Advertisement