Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Payment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Not sorted in Monaghan either. Went in Thursday and they had me cut off because I never signed on. They didn't even have bank details. Even though I have my letter to say I'm approved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Not sorted in Monaghan either. Went in Thursday and they had me cut off because I never signed on. They didn't even have bank details. Even though I have my letter to say I'm approved.

Its all just a joke at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Yesterday I received a letter asking me for a letter of commencement from my university. I had asked all those times I called them did they need anything else from me and they said no. Really annoyed because I wont be able to get one until Tuesday now. Why can't there be a straightforward source of information about what is required?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pajopearl wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I'm a mature student who's not currently working. I'm looking for a part time job tho and I'm wondering wot are the rules about working while on BTEA? I've had a look at the BTEA page on citizensiformation.ie but I can't find any information about it there. I thought you guys might be more knowledgable.

See the FAQ here

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/BTEA-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mssg

do you get backpaid the extra 60 from the last week or two

Sorry, I forgot about you (lots of school work...)

Yes, I got 160 + extra 60 for every week since I started the school (2nd sept)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone in cork been switched over yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Anyone in cork been switched over yet?

yes weeks ago, but i did have to keep going in to them until i was on a first name basis, (luckily they got it sorted before my labs filled the morning blocks)

Sorry now to keep asking lads,anyone still waiting to be switched over?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Got the letter yesterday conforming BTEA. Went into the office and she said my payment would be In the bank next week. Im in the galway office. Hopefully you get sorted aswell! My letter asked for proof of attending the course but i already sent that ages ago! They are really all over the place.

My first payment should be in tomorrow, but of course I received no correspondence to let me know that. I was just made to feel humiliated in the post office today when they said "oh there's no money on that, call the social welfare" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

shuffles88 wrote: »
    My first payment should be in tomorrow, but of course I received no correspondence to let me know that. I was just made to feel humiliated in the post office today when they said "oh there's no money on that, call the social welfare" :rolleyes:

What a joke,let us know how you get on.

What a joke,let us know how you get on.

It was in this morning thankfully. Still a text alert or something would have been nice. Hopefully they wont have you wait much longer

Still haven't been switched over,despite it saying next signing day is 24th June on the slip you get,also only got 178 this week for some reason :mad: gonna have to ring the sw tomorrow.

Well I rang them up and they said they never changed me over and they don't know why and it'll be there on Thursdays from now on from next week, it had better be there or Im gonna smash my head off a wall lol.

Finally been switched over.

And only 2 months after you started college :rolleyes:

Hahahaha ya

Advertisement