Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST: Guitar and amp

Options
  • 31-08-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

My band was playing in fibber magees on Parnell street last night. We got into a blue seven seater/van taxi between 12 and 1 roughly. We got the taxi to santry and we were unloading our gear to the house, when we came back out to get the rest the taxi driver was driving away, we ran after him for a bit but he didn't see us and kept going. The guitar is a black ltd kh-202 and the amp is a backless Marshall valve-state vs100 the guitar was in a rectangular black hard case. If anyone has seen this please let me know.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bummer!
    Was it a taxi co you rang or just picked off the street?
    Try ringing the company if it was.
    Or try the carriage office - google their number.
    I'd ring fibbers too. The taximan must realise now that you left your stuff with him and surely he'd get in touch with where he picked you up from if he's sound.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Bummer!
    Was it a taxi co you rang or just picked off the street?
    Try ringing the company if it was.
    Or try the carriage office - google their number.
    I'd ring fibbers too. The taximan must realise now that you left your stuff with him and surely he'd get in touch with where he picked you up from if he's sound.
    Best of luck!

We just hailed him on the street. Apparently the carriage office is no longer in existence, I was told to ring store street Garda station as that's where the lost and found thing is. There was no sign there. I've rang fibbers and he never went back there but they're gonna check the CCTV camera to see if they can see his taxi number and then I can find him throught the taxi regulator. Yeah I'm really hoping he's sound, he seemed alright so I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is there a chance he mightn't actually know until he opens he boot I wonder?
    Hopefully you guys might have been his last fare and perhaps he's off tonight or working late again, so you may hear something tomorrow.
    Sound of fibbers checking the CCTV!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is there a chance he mightn't actually know until he opens he boot I wonder?
    Hopefully you guys might have been his last fare and perhaps he's off tonight or working late again, so you may hear something tomorrow.
    Sound of fibbers checking the CCTV!

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm sure if he does open the boot and see them he'll either bring them to fibbers or to the gaff. Yeah hopefully they can make out the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Its usually the same drivers working fibbers most nights, if you have a chat with one of them, they may know him

• Advertisement
Advertisement