Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Sauce for Ribs recipe

Options
  • 31-08-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I've been looking online for good BBQ sauce recipes for ribs but there are so many that need SO many ingredients.

I'm looking for a recipe that doesn't require too many.
    I bought some Dark Soy Sauce today as I think that's a basic?

I know Worcester Sauce/ketchup are also basics but what else do I need?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

American mustard brown sugar and cider vinegar make a good base. Rum and pineapple juice are yum too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love the Hairy Bikers' recipe, I use it for my pulled pork:

3 tomatoes, chopped
    1 red onion, finely chopped
    1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1 tsp mustard powder
    240 ml ketchup
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    55g sugar
    1 tbsp cornflour mixed with
    3-4 tbsp of water
    salt & black pepper
    *I double the quantities and use a tin of tomatoes

Put everything except the cornflour & water into a pot and bring to the boil. Slowly stir in the cornflour mixture until the sauce has thickened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The simplest recipe I've used is equal quantities of ketchup, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce and it's very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lovely thanks for those ideas!
    I'll try your simple one, Dizzy, tonight as I have those three ingredients and I'd need to go out and buy the rest for the first recipe.
    I'll let you know how it goes!

Advertisement