Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strong reiki reaction

• 31-08-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there
    Has anyone ever shaken and gone into spasim when getting reiki?

It seems to happen every time I go for a session and the reiki practitioner always says they have never seen that reaction and can't explain it.

It feels quite a pleasant experience but seems to freak out the practitioner

Anyone any idea what is happening?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Calibos

Reiki is nonsense as is 99% of ALTMED. If I said I was a Jedi Master and would use the Force to heal you by waving my Jedi hands over you, well you would laugh your head off at me.

Any seeming effect on the ailment you want treated is placebo and any physiological sensation/effect while the Reiki is being performed is likely ASMR. Google it and then look up ASMR on Youtube. Before you know it you'll be addicted to ASMR vids and you'll be getting the exact same pleasurable tingleys and sensations with no Jedi Master Reiki 'Practitioner' waving his/her hands over you and charging you for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 diynovice

While I take your point into view and even am open to what you suggest I would equally suggest you should be open to other experiences rather than dismissing them.

Before commenting on something at least try it so you can comment on something you have had first hand experience of.

From the tone of your email I don't think you would be open to such an idea however. Perhaps the posting had gone to the wrong category but I think you should respect other people's experiences the way I respect their beliefs and experiences. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Why should we respect your opinion?

Because you believe it warrants respect?
    I respect what people tell me when they show me evidence to why they believe it or were at very least there is some substance to their belief!

If I told you I believe the moon is made of cheese should you respect my belief in that???

Before you say yes, I like a quote by Voltaire "people who can make you believe absurdities can also make you commit atrocities"

Most plausible reason it is happening... Is all in your head!

Advertisement