Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Static IP

Options
  • 31-08-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Does Eircom supply static IPs with any of it's broadband packages? Or is it possible to buy a static IP as an addon to any of their packages? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I think it's business packages only. Why do you need it? I would suggest looking at dynamic DNS providers, like NoIP and DynDNS for some fixed way of accessing your home BB from the outside. If it's for hosting... I would suggest a hosting provider, if only for the security aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Does Eircom supply static IPs with any of it's broadband packages? Or is it possible to buy a static IP as an addon to any of their packages? Thanks

Hi taylorconor95,

Static IP address can be ordered through ourselves for a charge of €50. If you wish to order one or explore the options you can call 1800 203 204.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Hi taylorconor95,

Static IP address can be ordered through ourselves for a charge of €50. If you wish to order one or explore the options you can call 1800 203 204.

Thanks

Tracey
    Great! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so is that 50 euro a one off payment?

Still thou that is crazy money 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi headshot
    yes this is a one-off payment.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement