Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent in dublin?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi - complete newbie to Dublin. Only been to Dublin a few times. Got transferred from work and going to be situated in ballsbridge. Where is there a nice area to rent around here? Not too far and not too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

ballsbridge, ranelagh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Define expensive?
    Define not to far away?

A nice area. Everywhere really around there.
    However you are going to be living in what is Ireland's most exclusive postcode if you go for the d4 area. As a result you'll pay through the roof for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Try looking up the Dodder too: Milltown, Dalkey, even Dundrum if you don't mind a walk. You've picked a difficult time of year, though, what with UCD attracting students to the area. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Well I don't mind a commute, so anywhere near the luas line will do. How far would dundrum be from ballsbridge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

Ballsbridge is quite a distance from the Luas line. try along the Dart line. sandymount, Booterstown, Blackrock, Monkstown. Dun Laoghaire, and Sandycove/Glenageary are all good areas.

• Advertisement

How about Dromcondra? Rent seems reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

ladd19 wrote: »
    How about Dromcondra? Rent seems reasonable.

You said close to ballsbridge. Hence everyone suggests areas around there.

Drumcondra is fine. Some places are rough, but in general it's grand.
    It's no ballsbridge though.

do you drive op? also are you looking to share / what is your budget?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    do you drive op? also are you looking to share / what is your budget?

I drive but prefer to leave my car in cork for the time being till I get used to Dublin. Yes I'd be looking to share, my budget would be about 600e.

you could also add donnybrook as another potential area...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Anywhere on the Dart line. The city centre stops can sometimes be a bit slow (due to commuter trains, etc.) so your journey will be easier if you pick somewhere on the South Side.

What is your rent budget?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You should be able to get a houseshare for €600 per month in Ballsbridge. Bear in mind parking spaces do not always come with a property.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

bnt wrote: »
    Try looking up the Dodder too: Milltown, Dalkey, even Dundrum if you don't mind a walk. You've picked a difficult time of year, though, what with UCD attracting students to the area. :o

Is Dalkey on the Dodder? That's a new one on me. Other than for priceyness, it might be a good choice for the OP as he could use the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Marcusm wrote: »
    Is Dalkey on the Dodder? That's a new one on me. Other than for priceyness, it might be a good choice for the OP as he could use the Dart.
    Dalkey, Dartry ... these place names all sound alike to me ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I am Killarney originally. Rathmines or Ranelagh are nicest areas. All amenities and walking distance to Ballsbridge. Ballsbridge itself is kinda sparce.

Advertisement