Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere in Dublin where i can photograph cargo containers?

Options
  • 01-09-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm in Dublin next weekend. is there anywhere with many cargo containers they I could wander around and photograph? Like down the ducks or somewhere?
    Anytune I see shipping areas in films I think it'd be a great place to photograph- square angles, repetition, colors etc
    Thanks in advance
    Pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Contact Dublin Port and ask them. Thats your only option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Lots of them at the port in East Wall. On & off ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'd suggest that you get a LUAS to the Point, walk across the East Link bridge and continue east - you will see as many containers as you will ever want that way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Contact Charlie Murphy Dublin port public relations officer he should be able to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

iopener wrote: »
    Contact Charlie Murphy Dublin port public relations officer he should be able to help you out

Cheers. Unless thats a joke/code word for drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Honestly Charlie is best man to ask, ring Dublin port center switch board and tell him your story

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

i work in a container agency myself, should be no problem at all, we've had our containers shot in love hate scences in the docks before.

the one thing i will say, just ask whatever line you are going to be using / taking pictures of for clearance, some of them can be a bit antsy if your going to publish / put online pictures of their containers.

Advertisement