Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up Higher Level Music - repeating the leaving cert

• 01-09-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

okay i really need advice! i'm repeating this year, i'm dropping ordinary irish and ordinary english as i passed them last year and don't need to do them again as i can keep the grades (thats what my cg teacher told me). picking up higher music! wise decision? i'd be doing grade 6 piano. is it hard to do in a year? thats six higher subjects. maths, art, biology, geography physics and music? really need help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wattiepad

One year to study music is quite short imo. Not only do you have to work on your melody writing and harmonies, you'd have to really familiarize yourself with the set works within the space of one year as well (which can be difficult since there are several different set works and some are longer than others). I don't know if you've done JC music before, but it would definitely help if you did. I didn't and when I started out doing harmony questions in 5th year I had a difficult time trying to get a grasp of them because backing chords were so foreign to me lol.

Advertisement