Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling "normal" again

Options
  • 01-09-2013 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

How long before you feel like things are "normal" again or is it different for everyone?

Do you think losing someone changes things forever and you never really go back to the person you were before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I think it's like having an incision of some kind - after a while you are healed but the scar is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I doubt you do, its a new reality where we just learn to laugh, smile and live differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its been just over 2 years and the numbness is only starting to fade now. Its not the crippling, overpowering, uncontrollable grief any more, its more like a dull ache. I can function with it, the hurting is manageable, but its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Its a year and a couple of months now, yet I still cry and still feel the hurt. I try to carry on but life has changed for me. It will not be the same again.
    I am not sure how long it takes but I think each of us has our own time when we 'feel' better and slowly heal but as someone else said...there is a scar underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I don't think you ever feel totally normal again. My heart still aches 20 years later. Life goes on as normal and at time I suppose I do feel normal but I never forget which in some ways its good,remembering the person at the times you wish they were there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

silver98 wrote: »
    How long before you feel like things are "normal" again or is it different for everyone?

Do you think losing someone changes things forever and you never really go back to the person you were before?

Normal: "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected."
    Normal: "the usual, typical, or expected state or condition."

What is Normal though?! Everyone has their own definition; their own level defining Normal for them - but then would everyone be the same?!

I don't think their is a Normal tbh! for Anything, especially considering how different everyone actually is.

So in saying that:
    ~ I would have to say that the length of time before things are Normal again would have to be different for everyone.
    ~ Certain things undoubtedly change, while other aspects remain the same but one thing is for sure for me though - you never really go back to the person you were before! That's something that will change forever.

Think that answers your questions,
    or maybe I've just added to the confusion :confused:
    kerry4sam

Advertisement