Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Man Creator Announces Mighty No. 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well I thought that was unexpected!

$3,845,170 Via Kickstarter
    $186,380 (as of 4:40pm PDT, Tues 10/1) via PayPal

$4,031,550!!

Still the 3rd most funded game in Kickstarter history - 2nd if you include PayPal, and not missing things by much.

My wallet is a bit lighter now though and my Amex card feels a little hot..

Roll on 2015! Mighty No. 9 coming to Windows/Mac/Linux/PS4/PS3/PS Vita/Xbox One/Xbox 360/Wii U/3DS

346986d478b23a85068afcd791097187_large.jpg?1380672794

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, I honestly didn't expect it to hit the 4 million mark, that's pretty amazing. My only concern - in general - is that with these runaway KS projects where stretch goals get added to match a huge outlay of cash, I wonder if the development team has the proper organisation to work those stretch goals into the project cycle - that they're not just throwing some pie-in-the-sky ideas at stretch targets to justify the cash. Considering some high profile KS projects have hit the wall lately, despite some getting way more than they initially sought, I'd hope they have budgeted for these goals properly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If there's one thing Inafune doesn't lack it's project management skills.

The stretch goals arent game changing features though sure an extra 2 bosses and stages will add to development and design time. I'd figure porting the titles to other platforms should be relatively simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

to keep the mighty number 9 hype alive heres the main theme

• Advertisement

been awhile since I last updated on this thread , I may not getting paid promoting might no 9 but I AM DAMN part of this team and so are we all

heres is a pre alpha gameplay concept have posted up few days ago

Might No 9 composer Manami Matsumae talks about how she creates music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wow, Matsumae is the composer? She's done some of Capcoms best stuff!

CAPCOM- KING OF THE TROLLS

• Advertisement

Check it out! :D

If you're a backer be sure to vote for my submission!!!

309005.jpg

309004.jpg

Work In progress Gameplay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The traditional 'shut up and take my money' gif feels appropriate here :)

Jesus I backed this for $120? I used to have money??

New Mighty No.9 Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Looks pretty cool and fun, running cycle/animation seems a bit off though, minor complaint i guess. Will probably be worth picking up

yeah in all the vids ive seen as a backer i always felt the oddest about the dash animation. I should probably mention it in their forums but I doubt it will get any traction.

As far as the actual player hitbox/movement, its the exact same motion and timings as any megaman title. Sequelitis highlights what I mean at 15:45 in this video

(he finally released his next episode after a long hiatus about Zelda games, worth a look as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Is it just me or does the music sound more like Sonic? Not a bad thing ofcourse! If I knew they would spam a heap of good MM like games it would be enough to convince me to go buy a ps4 with the €400/500 euros I don't have.

It's really coming together now, looks very slick and balanced even at this stage. Yeah the animation looks a tiny bit off, but considering the last portion of that video was set in untextured maps, there's clearly lots more tweaking and development to go.

Must say I love the little ambient touches, such as the videos in the background, showing the boss battle from other angles; makes the stages feel that bit more alive.

My Beta code came in last week.

I don't recall signing any Non Disclosure Agreement, but I will say the game plays reasonably smoothly. The only thing I could ask for is more than 1 level to play, so I can't try any weapons out. The core gameplay is decent and will continue getting tweaked before release I am sure.

• Advertisement

So it seems the game is pretty much finished with only the porting are marketing left to do.

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2804-might-no-9-has-completed-development.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So it seems the game is pretty much finished with only the porting are marketing left to do.

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2804-might-no-9-has-completed-development.html
    Grand, now to actually look through my emails for the code which I'm sure I missed. :pac:

Sweeeeeeeeet xD

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New final final final final release date is February 12th worldwide.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/09/25/mighty-no-9-gets-new-release-date

Megaman Legends finally got re-released on US PSN yesterday so if you really want some awesome megeman action you can't do much better (and don't wait for the piss poor PAL conversion!).

More delays unfortunately, this time again with the matchmaking network code. So the tentative release date is now Spring 2016 and it will miss the February 9th release date. Why does this game even need matchmaking again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More delays unfortunately, this time again with the matchmaking network code. So the tentative release date is now Spring 2016 and it will miss the February 9th release date. Why does this game even need matchmaking again?
    Online Race Battle Mode I'd imagine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've read a few critical comments about the delay, saying that it's mainly a single player game and they should release that now if it's ready.

The multiplayer is an afterthought - they should patch that into the game in a month or two when it's ready.

Advertisement