Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older HKC alarm

Options
  • 01-09-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Need advice as I have an older HKC alarm (Wired) The installer said it was a 6 10???. Well the Panic button went and so I called the alarm guy out to remove. I wanted a remote key fob but he said you would have to upgrade.

So what's the cost to upgrade this puppy he gave me a cost which was rather expensive 400+ as he said it would need new keypads also. Can I just put in a keypad where the panic alarm was as it will server the purpose.

any advice welcomed

Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could just put in another keypad yes.
    New panel & keypad with wireless & a keyfob? €400 is not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks for that quick reply can i put a new keypad in or does it have to be a older keypad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

garyh3 wrote: »
    Thanks for that quick reply can i put a new keypad in or does it have to be a older keypad?

It has to be the same model as the one currently controlling your system.

So if I went with a 1070 do I just need to upgrade the Mother board and Key pads will all the current sensors work. I can then add Wireless fob GSM at a later date ?

Thanks Guys for your advice

Gary

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So if I went with a 1070 do I just need to upgrade the Mother board and Key pads will all the current sensors work. I can then add Wireless fob GSM at a later date ?

Thanks Guys for your advice

Gary

Your are changing out the entire control panel , not just the PCB.
    The 1070 will come with wireless. You can add devices later. Likewise with the GSM.

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid seems a lot of hassle to me to rip out the entire box !

The 1070 has completely different housing.
    Not a big job really.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The 10/70 with keypad costs €170 and the fobs cost €45 .
    Keypads are €90 (I think )
    Gsm Q €150.

Just make a list of the zone names and numbers and mark all cables as you remove them and you'll have no trouble .

That price you were quoted sounds familiar . Along with him saying you'd need a keypad when one comes with the panel as standard .... Is this installer based in Kildare ??

No Its JVL Alarms. John the installer to be honest is a fair man to deal with never had any issue with the alarm. The Keypad is for the old 6/10.

So is it easy to get an older keypad and install? I have the engineer code.

Thanks

Gary

Evolution1 wrote: »
    The 10/70 with keypad costs €170 and the fobs cost €45 .
    Keypads are €90 (I think )
    Gsm Q €150.

Just make a list of the zone names and numbers and mark all cables as you remove them and you'll have no trouble .

That price you were quoted sounds familiar . Along with him saying you'd need a keypad when one comes with the panel as standard .... Is this installer based in Kildare ??

The Securewatch keypads are still available everywhere.
    Simple to install.

• Advertisement

Look on adverts . You'll pick one up handy . Once you have the engineer code its easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Look on adverts . You'll pick one up handy . Once you have the engineer code its easy enough

You dont need an engineer code to add a keypad to the HKC system.
    Unless you want to ID it to the system.

Ha just where im looking thanks

Thanks Its going to replace a faulty panic button in the bedroom so I do I need to re- program ? also can I get how to wire the Keypad ?

thanks
    altor wrote: »
    You dont need an engineer code to add a keypad to the HKC system.
    Unless you want to ID it to the system.

Thanks Its going to replace a faulty panic button in the bedroom so I do I need to re- program ? also can I get how to wire the Keypad ?

thanks

There is also a panic built in to the keypad. star and hash button together.
    To add the keypad you identify the cable and disconnect it from the zone in the panel plus close off this zone in the control panel. The keypad will have 1-4 on the terminals. Wire this in and connect the same way in the control panel.

To add the keypad you identify the cable and disconnect it from the zone in the panel plus close off this zone in the control panel. The keypad will have 1-4 on the terminals. Wire this in and connect the same way in the control panel.

OK Thanks

Do I need to be in the Engineer mode first to take the alarm panel off ?

Thanks

OK Thanks

Do I need to be in the Engineer mode first to take the alarm panel off ?

Thanks

When you remove the cover the alarm will activate. Simply entering your user code on the keypad will turn this off. Just make sure you turn off the mains going to the control panel first. The back up battery will keep the system up and running.

Ok so does anyone have a securewatch keypad for sale adverts is a bit empty

Thanks

Ok so does anyone have a securewatch keypad for sale adverts is a bit empty

Thanks

There's loads on adverts . Just search for HKC ..

• Advertisement

Hi koolkid i did bid on that one but hes not answering and i cannot tell if its securewatch jtesponding
    KoolKid wrote: »

Yeah, he's not very quick to respond.
    Going by the pic its Securewatch.

Ok have the old Secure Watch Key Pad to replace the old Panic button

So Just want to confirm.

Its currently wired on T8 which I believe is Zone 8 the last block on the 6/10?? at the bottom? Left - Right

So I take this off and loop back Zone 8 Black With Red and Yellow with Blue

I take the 4 wire's and put on the Right Side of the 6/10 1st block going up the panel that has the black red blue yellow (which I think is the other keypad wiring) is that correct. ???

Any advice appreciated

I have added a pick of Board

Gary

Ok have the old Secure Watch Key Pad to replace the old Panic button

So Just want to confirm.

Its currently wired on T8 which I believe is Zone 8 the last block on the 6/10?? at the bottom? Left - Right

So I take this off and loop back Zone 8 Black With Red and Yellow with Blue

I take the 4 wire's and put on the Right Side of the 6/10 1st block going up the panel that has the black red blue yellow (which I think is the other keypad wiring) is that correct. ???

Any advice appreciated

Gary

The zone in the panel you close this off by putting two staples or a piece of cable across the zone.
    Wire the keypad in where the old panic button was.
    Then wire the keypad in with the other cable wired into the keypad terminal in the control panel. Make sure both keypads are wired up the same. You can take the fuse out or down power the whole system so you dont short the fuses.

The zone in the panel you close this off by putting two staples or a piece of cable across the zone.
    Wire the keypad in where the old panic button was.
    Then wire the keypad in with the other cable wired into the keypad terminal in the control panel. Make sure both keypads are wired up the same. You can take the fuse out or down power the whole system so you dont short the fuses.

Thanks altor

So am I correct in the Pic as to where to put the keypad to ? Also which fuse do I take out as there are a few fuses on the PCB.

Thanks

Gary

Thanks altor

So am I correct in the Pic as to where to put the keypad to ? Also which fuse do I take out as there are a few fuses on the PCB.

Thanks

Gary

Yes, the picture is correct. The bottom fuse of the 4 is the keypad fuse. F1.

Yes, the picture is correct. The bottom fuse of the 4 is the keypad fuse. F1.

Cheers altor for your help

Best wishes

Gary

Cheers altor for your help

Best wishes

Gary

Your welcome Gary :)

Hi altor

I put the Keypad in last night and works a treat... However the guy who put my alarm in told me it was a 6/10 when I looked at the PCB it states its a 8/12. So my question is can I put a GSMQ on the Alarm ?

Cheers
    Gary

• Advertisement

Hi altor

I put the Keypad in last night and works a treat... However the guy who put my alarm in told me it was a 6/10 when I looked at the PCB it states its a 8/12. So my question is can I put a GSMQ on the Alarm ?

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Gary,

Good to hear you got it sorted. Nice and easy to do.
    You would need a GSM-P to work with the 8/12.

Advertisement