Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older HKC alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks altor

I see the GSM -P are not cheap :eek:

How easy are they to install? is there any threads on this ?

Cheers

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

garyh3 wrote: »
    Thanks altor

I see the GSM -P are not cheap :eek:

How easy are they to install? is there any threads on this ?

Cheers

Gary

Very easy, it is just a 6 core cable from control panel to GSM-P.
    All you do is add the address in the site name, then add in the phone numbers you want it to text.
    That is how simple it is to set up.

There are cheaper GSMs you could use but with the GSM-P you can have home automation, self monitoring plus remote access to the control panel. It will also give you more information with regard alarm zones that has activated. I would advise this GSM for your system over any other one.

altor wrote: »
    Very easy, it is just a 6 core cable from control panel to GSM-P.
    All you do is add the address in the site name, then add in the phone numbers you want it to text.
    That is how simple it is to set up.

There are cheaper GSMs you could use but with the GSM-P you can have home automation, self monitoring plus remote access to the control panel. It will also give you more information with regard alarm zones that has activated. I would advise this GSM for your system over any other one.

Cheers altor

Could you tell me where to wire the 6 core to on the PCB I suspect it probably above where the RKP is wired ????

Also I don't have the menu options when in Engineer mode for the 8/12 is there a pdf or booklet (I didn't get one when the alarm was installed ?)

Cheers for your Help

Gary

Cheers altor

Could you tell me where to wire the 6 core to on the PCB I suspect it probably above where the RKP is wired ????

Also I don't have the menu options when in Engineer mode for the 8/12 is there a pdf or booklet (I didn't get one when the alarm was installed ?)

Cheers for your Help

Gary

2 of the cores are wired into the 12V on the control panel located just above where the keypad is wired in. The other 4 cores are wired into a card that comes with the GSM and plugged directly onto the PCB board.
    The same applies to the GSM-P.

I sent you the Manual by P.M.

2 of the cores are wired into the 12V on the control panel located just above where the keypad is wired in. The other 4 cores are wired into a card that comes with the GSM and plugged directly onto the PCB board.
    The same applies to the GSM-P.

I sent you the Manual by P.M.

Cheers Altor for your help

Just one more
    Can I use a Vodafone SIM ?

Cheers

Gary

• Advertisement

Cheers Altor for your help

Just one more
    Can I use a Vodafone SIM ?

Cheers

Gary

Yes, the vodafone sim works. Make sure you turn off the sim pin lock in a phone befor fitting.
    Just check which one has the best signal in your area. What I suggest is to register the sim on line before installing it in the GSM. This will allow you access to top it up plus check credit with out having to take the sim out of the GSM. 02 have increased the time the sim stays active now.

Some are only 6 months before you must top it up again but you can check this with your service provider.

Yes, the vodafone sim works. Make sure you turn off the sim pin lock in a phone befor fitting.
    Just check which one has the best signal in your area. What I suggest is to register the sim on line before installing it in the GSM. This will allow you access to top it up plus check credit with out having to take the sim out of the GSM. 02 have increased the time the sim stays active now.

Some are only 6 months before you must top it up again but you can check this with your service provider.

Thanks altor for that

Is there a GSM-P install Doc ? also

Cheers
    Gary

Thanks altor for that

Is there a GSM-P install Doc ? also

Cheers
    Gary

No Problem, sent you that by P.M.
    Here is a link to the GSM User Manual.

Thanks Again alto very much appreciated.....:)

I see that there is a Tamper going to Z8. Its currently looped out as it was my old Panic Button. Can I just unloop and put the wire to that connector?

Also as the GSM Will be next to the 8/12 so I don't need to connect that RS485. Just the sw-4/8 cable to the Digi Modem board

I think that's it

cheers
    Gary

Thanks Again alto very much appreciated.....:)

I see that there is a Tamper going to Z8. Its currently looped out as it was my old Panic Button. Can I just unloop and put the wire to that connector?

Also as the GSM Will be next to the 8/12 so I don't need to connect that RS485. Just the sw-4/8 cable to the Digi Modem board

I think that's it

cheers
    Gary

You need the 12V supply either way. If using the digi ribbon lead you still need 2 cores for power. Once the cable is long enough to reach you will be fine using that.

• Advertisement

Anyone got a 2nd had GSM-P on the Cheap?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

did already 250 yo yo's :-0

did already 250 yo yo's :-0

A lot cheaper than the suppliers :D
    Expensive unit but will give you more options with regard your alarm system.

If that's cheap then why would you buy it and not a 1070 with GSM-Q????

If that's cheap then why would you buy it and not a 1070 with GSM-Q????

Works out nearly the same price for the 2.
    Its an older GSM tho for your older system to allow more functionality.

exactly older system and older GSM so why expensive !!!!

exactly older system and older GSM so why expensive !!!!

The 8/12. If you had a Securewave with version 3 or higher the plug on GSM-Q could be used.

thanks altor how do you tell what version ? is it on the board or do you have to go though the menus ?

thanks altor how do you tell what version ? is it on the board or do you have to go though the menus ?

You need the engineer code, go into service menu, press yes, scroll to engineer tool menu, press yes, scroll to software version, press yes, panel version, press yes. This will tell you the version installed on your system.

• Advertisement

Hi altor

software version?

I don't have that menu option for the 8/12

Gary

Hi altor

software version?

I don't have that menu option for the 8/12

Gary

Hi Gary,

This is only for the Securewave.
    With the 8/12 the GSM-P is the GSM to use.

Advertisement