Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Killincarrig

Options
  • 01-09-2013 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all
    I had a quick search through the old threads and can't find any recent info on the Killincarrig area.
    We've identified a few houses we like in the area but as blow ins to Greystones, we were wondering what people thought of the area. Specifically Castle Villas, Castlefield Terrace, and New Road (leading into Castlefield).
    I've done a search on the Bray People and have seen that some of these roads come up a few times, however I think the most recent case was at least 4 years ago.
    Secondly, some of the houses seem to back onto meadow (I'm not really sure what you would call it.. Grassland?) which separates them from the golf club. Does anyone know if this causes a problem?
    We have driven into the area a couple of times, but always on a weekend afternoon so we've just seen pre-teen kids out playing.
    We were talking to a local business person who was neither positive nor negative about the area, but did seem to think we'd be better off in one of the new estates in Delgany. However, we like the look and feel of Killincarrig, and it's slightly nearer to Greystones town.
    Thanks in advance
    RTT:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Hi all
    I had a quick search through the old threads and can't find any recent info on the Killincarrig area.
    We've identified a few houses we like in the area but as blow ins to Greystones, we were wondering what people thought of the area. Specifically Castle Villas, Castlefield Terrace, and New Road (leading into Castlefield).
    I've done a search on the Bray People and have seen that some of these roads come up a few times, however I think the most recent case was at least 4 years ago.
    Secondly, some of the houses seem to back onto meadow (I'm not really sure what you would call it.. Grassland?) which separates them from the golf club. Does anyone know if this causes a problem?
    We have driven into the area a couple of times, but always on a weekend afternoon so we've just seen pre-teen kids out playing.
    We were talking to a local business person who was neither positive nor negative about the area, but did seem to think we'd be better off in one of the new estates in Delgany. However, we like the look and feel of Killincarrig, and it's slightly nearer to Greystones town.
    Thanks in advance
    RTT:)
    Maybe a long time ago it was perceived as rough or perhaps hard. But not now for sure.
    As far as I'd be concerned the closer to Greystones you are the better. However the type of house available is likely to be very different to the "new" ones in the Delgany estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

Thanks FirstIn,
    We would prefer the older type house to a newer build.
    Anyone else have a view on this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Thanks FirstIn,
    We would prefer the older type house to a newer build.
    Anyone else have a view on this area?

I worked with a person from there and in the six years Ive known him I've never heard him complain about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

It's a pretty mature area now. In general, I wouldn't have any concerns if I were you. However, always wise to check any new area out thoroughly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

My Grandparents live in Castle Villas lovely quite area, The Main Road through Killiancarrig can be quite busy mindful if you have young kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

Thanks All for taking the time to reply. It certainly sounds like the place for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Hi there,

I rented a house in carrig villas for a while and found it really nice. Its very quiet at night and during the day. The gardens are generally really big. The neighbors where all lovely and always said hi.

The only draw backs for me was that the road we where on is very narrow so reversing a car out is difficult if there are lots of cars parked on street. And you are a little bit out of town, its about a 20 minute walk to the town and tesco. When the car is in the garage its a pain. But fine the rest of the time.

The negatives are minor compared to the positives!

Advertisement