Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects to do at home external LC 2014

• 01-09-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Looking to take on a higher level subject thats do able in a year at home extra bussiness, accounting are only 2 that i can think of anyone got any other ideas would higher english be to hard to take on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Looking to take on a higher level subject thats do able in a year at home extra bussiness, accounting are only 2 that i can think of anyone got any other ideas would higher english be to hard to take on?

Business is doable at home as you just learn it off but it will be hard to finish the course in one year!

I haven't taken accounting but i would of thought a teacher would be needed to explain how to do alot of the course , i think it would be hard to teach yourself that?

definitely not english,way too difficult to do yourself /nobody to correct essays etc and really hard to do in one year

why not economics?the course is nice and short ,not too difficult , i think it would be doable at home

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jamie Dean

APPLIED MATHS IS A SUBJECT THAT CAN BE DONE AT HOME IN 1 YEAR. MOST PEOPLE DOING THE SUBJECT TEACH THEMSELVES AT HOME AS ONLY A FEW SCHOOLS TEACH IT. THE TEXTBOOK TO GET FOR IT IS FUNDAMENTAL APPLIED MATHEMATICS BY OLIVER MURPHY, IT COSTS ABOUT 34 EURO. WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH THE BOOK AND LOOK AT EXAMINATIONS.IE FOR PAST PAPERS AND SOLUTIONS. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO APPLIED MATHS, I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO GET THE BOOK NOW AS TO GIVE YOU ENOUGH TIME TO WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH IT OVER THE YEAR. IT IS A VERY NICE SUBJECT, IT MIGHT SEEM DIFFICULT AT FIRST BUT AS YOU KEEP DOING QUESTIONS, YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF GETTING THE HANG OF IT. THE KEY IS KEEP DOING QUESTIONS IN THE BOOK AND LOOKING AT PAST PAPERS AND SOLUTIONS ON EXAMINATIONS.IE. I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU.

Advertisement