Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I study for project maths?

• 01-09-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

I've tried using the Text and Test book, but the explanation in it is so terrible. I've tried watching videos, but none of them seem to have what I'm looking for. I'm in higher level and I might just drop down to foundation. Also has any revision book been published yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

A7XGirl wrote: »
    I've tried using the Text and Test book, but the explanation in it is so terrible. I've tried watching videos, but none of them seem to have what I'm looking for. I'm in higher level and I might just drop down to foundation. Also has any revision book been published yet?

I feel your pain, currently revising Probability and Statistics even though it's only my first dat back. Tbh I think the explanations are fine, it just takes awhile for them to click. Really wish I had a better teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LC 2015

Past exam papers would be your best bet, but with project maths, it will eventually just "click" for you. You'll get used to the questions, and you'll learn how to secure your attempt marks. I'd also recommend a mathway.com premium membership, it will give you a step by step solution with notes to any maths problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

The whole point of Project Maths is that you don't just learn off how to do particular questions. (Which is how most students used to prepare for the old exams) The idea is that you should develop skills, and then learn to use those skills to solve problems. No two problems will be the same, and you have to recognise what skills are required to solve a problem. This approach means you need proper understanding of the Maths you are learning.

I'd suggest practising as many different types of questions you can get your hands on. I suggest looking at this site http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Resources/Student_Zone_.html

It's got lots and lots of questions and revision packs for the strands.

Advertisement