Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly converted ! (introduction plus questions, long post ! :P )

Options
  • 01-09-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals

I recently stopped smoking and started vaping, 2 months ago, after being a smoker for half my life and i couldn't be happier, no more cancer sticks, no more smelly clothes and so on and so forth.

But i got the upgrade bug......

As with most of you i guess, i started with those little cig looking things with the cartridges, namely the E-lites, which where absolutely ****, sure I'd use it but i also needed to smoke 2-3 real ones a day, then i moved to Nicolites after a friend recommended them, which where a lot better but i still missed the feeling of smoke.
    After those i found my holy grail, Ego battery with a stardust clearomizer and boy oh boy was i pleased with the results. So much so that i haven't touched a real cig from the time i picked up that kit.

Since then i started doing some real research, thanks to your forum here, i picked up my favorite juice cheaper than i would have ever imagined and after watching hours and hours of reviews by Pit Busardo and GrimmGreen i thought it's time to take yet another step and move up a notch on my hardware.

Now i don't see myself any time soon walking around with those massive yokes made out of stainless steel with LCD screens and stuff, i like my e-cig to be as discrete as possible while giving me what i want.

So my next purchase has shaped up into this

Ego Twist
    Innokin iClear 16

I went for the twist battery cause i like the idea of having the same voltage coming out of my battery from the first to the last puff and the iclear seems to have a bit more quality plus it's partly re-buildable which will keep the cost of my new habit lower.

Now here come the questions, my liquid of choice is the USA Mix 12mg, will it burn ok with this setup ?
    With my current one, i've noticed that if i leave a bit of juice in the bottom it turns darker and a bit thicker so next time i refill the entire juice becomes more and more yellowish with each refill.
    Will this setup produce massive amounts of vapor ? This is something i DO NOT want, i vape around the office so i do not want to attract any more attention than i already do.... Sure i am discrete about it, not walking around puffing all the time but i wouldn't like to see ppl running at me with extinguishers every time i take a puff.....

Well that's it for now :)
    Any input is welcomed as long as it's constructive...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I use the same set-up, although not that juice. It can produce a great amount of vapour. Stealth vaping is easy enough with it. Take short pulls, and a second deep breath before exhaling almost negates the vapour. If you're not getting the throat hit from a short pull, maybe upping the nic to 18 (or whatever they offer) might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The USA mix will vape fine.
    The juice darkening is something that'll always happen through heat and cooked juice leaching from the coil down through the wick.
    If you want less vapour, turn the heat down and/or stealth vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kyaner

Thanks for the quick replies guys :)

@DubTony, i know it's a matter of preference/taste/liquid, but what voltage are you running your setup at ?
    Also, with my current setup, some times i get a bit of flooding in the tube, so i get that horrible gargling noise and i have to take the battery off and clear the contact, do you get that with yours ?

@grindle, thanks for clearing that up for me, so the only thing i can do i guess, is what i am currently doing and after 4-5 refills empty out the remaining 0.1ml and wash out the container.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Kyaner! :) I quit cigarettes two months ago too. I had been a smoker for 26 years, then I switched to vaping painlessly. I started with an eGo K and I loved it. I recently got a a iTaste VV VW and I'm really loving that too, I think its even better then the eGo.

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011601

I've used loads of different clearomizers/tanks, but I always seem to come back to the Ce4 V3. I think they give the best flavour, I can really taste my e-liquid! :)

I have a Innokin iClear-16 and its great! But it gives off a LOT of vapor, too much nearly. And I found it burned through my e-liquid very quickly.

Its all trial and error, as I'm sure you know! I've bought loads of stuff for vaping that I love and loads I don't really like. So, now when I find something I like I stick with it! (Says that ejeet who spent €50 testing e-liquds this week! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'd go for the iTaste Vv3.0 as recommended above. I've given away my twists. It's so handy to be able to vape while its charging with the extendable USB cable. The battery level multicolour indication is a great feature and the variable wattage adjustment is better than variable voltage which it also has anyway. You would adjust the voltage on the device once to suit your tastes. Switch to wattage mode and take note of the wattage. Mine was 9 watts. With it set to your preferred wattage you don't have to mess around with voltages every time you use a head with a different resistance. The device works out the voltage required to combine with the resistance of a given head to give you your 9 watts(in my example) its basically set and forget once you know the wattage you like your juices at. No having to do resistance and voltage maths in your head every time you switch heads.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much Gillian !
    Another member of the forum posted a pic of this battery and i couldn't find out what brand/make/model it was !

Decisions decisions.....
    More options make it more complicated but it would be nice to know what's the status of my battery just by looking at the display, so far it's been pure guess work, as to when my battery will run out on me.

I think i'll bite and go for the iTaste, only problem is I'll have to get them in pairs so that they don't feel lonely :P

Ok had a look around and watched a few reviews of the Ce4 V3, it seems to be pretty similar to the iClear 16, as in, dual top coil with a 1.6ml tube and rebuild-able, so how come they have so much difference in vapor production ?

And another question, more for the guys here (since the ladies have hand bags most of the time with them), how do you carry your gear ? I have my current setup on a lanyard around my neck and i find it really handy. I wouldn't feel comfortable pocketing it in case it breaks and juice my pants :P

Kyaner wrote: »
    I wouldn't feel comfortable pocketing it in case it breaks and juice my pants :P

Ah I remember the days when "juice my pants" had a different meaning. :D

Thank you so much Gillian !
    Another member of the forum posted a pic of this battery and i couldn't find out what brand/make/model it was !

Decisions decisions.....
    More options make it more complicated but it would be nice to know what's the status of my battery just by looking at the display, so far it's been pure guess work, as to when my battery will run out on me.

I think i'll bite and go for the iTaste, only problem is I'll have to get them in pairs so that they don't feel lonely :P

Ok had a look around and watched a few reviews of the Ce4 V3, it seems to be pretty similar to the iClear 16, as in, dual top coil with a 1.6ml tube and rebuild-able, so how come they have so much difference in vapor production ?

Hi Kyaner, I did a little test! :) I put the same e-liquid in my iClear 16 & my Ce4 V3 and you are right, they are very similar. But Ce4 V3 is still my favorite.

I got the iClear 16 the same day as I got my iTaste VV VW. I wasn't really sure what to do with the VV & VW? Maybe I had it at a bad setting coz when I first used the iClear 16 it burned through my e-liquid way too fast and the clearomzer itself got VERY hot. Plus there was a lot'a vapor! Although I thought I kept the VV at around 3.7 volts for the first few days until someone pointed out that 4.4 volts might be better. But today the iClear 16 is working better. Its not getting so hot, in-fact it is the opposite to hot, its a bit too cold. I guess I'm doing something wrong........

My iTaste VVVW is giving a reading of 4.2 omhs for my iTaste 16. Does that sound right? :confused: My Ce4 V3 is reading 2.5. I don't even know what omhs are? I've tried to understand, but it gives me a head ache!

Thanks for the quick replies guys :)

@DubTony, i know it's a matter of preference/taste/liquid, but what voltage are you running your setup at ?
    Also, with my current setup, some times i get a bit of flooding in the tube, so i get that horrible gargling noise and i have to take the battery off and clear the contact, do you get that with yours ?

Sorry, missed this.

Voltage? Pfft. I dunno. Turn the thing up to full, if it's ok I vape away. And I use whatever coils e-smokeireland happen to have in stock at the time. Seems to work.
    As for gurgling? Well, if mine wasn't gurgling I'd think there was something wrong with it. Happens most of the time, but doesn't seem to affect anything, so I don't care.

Gillian72 wrote: »
    My iTaste VVVW is giving a reading of 4.2 omhs for my iTaste 16. Does that sound right? :confused: My Ce4 V3 is reading 2.5. I don't even know what omhs are? I've tried to understand, but it gives me a head ache!

Seems like your iClear could do with a wash up (says the expert :P) they do have the same resistance, going by what i've read anyway, so it sounds like the coil has collected debris that increase it's resistance, so rinse and repeat :D

Also, i'd say leave the voltage alone, the device has it's own resistance meter so it can decide on the appropriate voltage without any user input, just fiddle with the wattage till you find your spot.
    At least that's what i'll do when i get mine :)

I would have never guessed being an electrical electronic engineer would actually help me quit smoking, :P

• Advertisement

Thanks Kyaner! :) That makes sense coz even though I'd only used my iClear 16 once, I'd left it sitting with e-liquid in it for the last two weeks.

I had a feeling that I was the problem, not the iClear! ;)

Yeah Jamie just gave me similar advice over on another thread. So, in future I'll stay away from the VV and just set the VW.

I find VV, VW, omhs etc very confusing.....

If we use our collective ignorance, we might just crack this vaping malarkey :P

And Gillian, there is no need for you to stress over the technical side of things, i got lots of technical knowledge and know how but i am in no way interested in getting down to the nitty gritty, i just want to hit the button and get my fix, nothing more nothing less.
    I don't really care how it works, as long as it does.

I'm glad i found this forum, so far I've only come across nice and helpful ppl

Let us know what you get, I'm dying to hear what you think of the VV & VW. At first I didn't think it made that much of a difference, but once I actually learned how to use it I realized how good VV & VW is.

Best of luck Kyaner! :)

Answering my own question here about carrying options just in case someone else is interested too

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_274_297&products_id=1798

Advertisement