Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet shop selling birds

Options
  • 01-09-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any pet shops that sell birds?
    Maxi Zoo don't have em, either do Pet Neccessities.
    Pet Mania do but the selection is small and fairly expensive.
    Can't think of any other places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

The orchards town garden centre usually have some and i think o connell street have a pet shop also that sells them and theres a place on morgan street by back of soundstore but not certan if they sell birds as i wasnt there yet (what type you after)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

shebzie wrote: »
    The orchards town garden centre usually have some and i think o connell street have a pet shop also that sells them and theres a place on morgan street by back of soundstore but not certan if they sell birds as i wasnt there yet (what type you after)

Forgot bout those. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

My uncle breeds budgies. has hundreds of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

what type of birds are you thinking about getting coco?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Yeah pet paradise on O'Connell st has loads of different birds from parrot to budgies :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 118 ✭✭Addictedtogolf

Do you think that a bird should spend its life in a cage?

People used to think this was acceptable with other animals years ago and thank god we are nearly finished with it.

If the bird is for your children bring them out for a walk and show them the birds flying around. Its a bit more responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

That's a bit of a naive opinion. Most birds are bred in cages in ireland and wouldn't survive in the wild.

That's a bit of a naive opinion. Most birds are bred in cages in ireland and wouldn't survive in the wild.

YES so stop breeding them?
    Why would anyone want a bird in a cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

YES so stop breeding them?
    Why would anyone want a bird in a cage?
    So they can dress up as a cat at Halloween, and go as Sylvester and Tweety!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

So they can dress up as a cat at Halloween, and go as Sylvester and Tweety!

Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Do you think that a bird should spend its life in a cage?

People used to think this was acceptable with other animals years ago and thank god we are nearly finished with it.

If the bird is for your children bring them out for a walk and show them the birds flying around. Its a bit more responsible.

AH GO AWAY....

Bet you have a Dog / Cat and keep them in A HOUSE :eek: That's so unnatural ,God I wish people were more responsible.........

Ps how much natural habitant of these wide birds you speak of has been destroyed so you can play the sport your addicted too. hmmmm

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    AH GO AWAY....

Bet you have a Dog / Cat and keep them in A HOUSE :eek: That's so unnatural ,God I wish people were more responsible.........

Ps how much natural habitant of these wide birds you speak of has been destroyed so you can play the sport your addicted too. hmmmm

KEEP a dog or a cat in a house?
    You know very little about Dogs, Cats or animals if you think people KEEP them in houses???

But I assume you feel that keeping a bird in a cage is entertaining or in some way acceptable?

PLEASE explain why you would want a bird in a cage in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

You know very little about Dogs, Cats or animals if you think people KEEP them in houses???

But I assume you feel that keeping a bird in a cage is entertaining or in some way acceptable?

The first part of my Post was a piss-take but the fact that I have to explain that speaks for itself... The OP was just asking a simple question for it to high-jacked by keyboard warrior from the righteous brigade is comical and deserved IMO a comical answer ,
    but just to be devil's advocate ,
    Are you really trying to say that most dog/cat owners don't keep them indoors wow in fact I would say the opposite especially with cat owners would be the norm.
    As for assuming I think keeping a bird in a cage is entertaining I have no great views one way or the other, Once the owners know what their doing let them off to enjoy their interest.

Now can I Have an answer to your contribution to the destruction of natural habitants please or would that make you a hypocrite,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

WOW......................

I still cant figure out if your serious or taking the piss

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    The first part of my Post was a piss-take but the fact that I have to explain that speaks for itself... The OP was just asking a simple question for it to high-jacked by keyboard warrior from the righteous brigade is comical and deserved IMO a comical answer ,
    but just to be devil's advocate ,
    Are you really trying to say that most dog/cat owners don't keep them indoors wow in fact I would say the opposite especially with cat owners would be the norm.
    As for assuming I think keeping a bird in a cage is entertaining I have no great views one way or the other, Once the owners know what their doing let them off to enjoy their interest.

Now can I Have an answer to your contribution to the destruction of natural habitants please or would that make you a hypocrite,,,,

Yes I will reply even though it is nothing to do with this post?

I have never destroyed any natural habitat in my life apart from a small patch to build a modest house for myself and my family.
    So your comment about ME directly destroying any natural habitat is a little offensive.
    Do I stop driving because a new motorway was built on a natural habitat?
    Do I not shop in a shop because a developer built it?
    do I not fly because an airport is developed?
    Not watch or go to a football game because it the pitch was once a natural field?
    Do you need me to go on...!!!

I play a little golf in beautiful surroundings and actually my local golf club now has water hens, swans, rabbits and many other species that were not there before it was there. And I would prefer to spend some of my time walking around after a little white ball getting a little fresh air rather than sitting in watching TV or drinking in a pub.

If more people played golf especially kids then we would have much less social problems and many many less fat ass people in the world. (I am doing my little bit of golf to also try and lose a few pounds.)

Is this answer in enough detail or should I continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I can't believe some of you actually replied to this fella.
    He's gettin a rise out of you all by your replies. Best to just ignore people like him folks. He's gonna save the world someday anyway.

Advertisement