Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lower body routine - 2 day split suggestions

• 01-09-2013 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

I have been trying to convince my wife of the benefits of weight training and would like to be able to advise her on a program that she can do from home using my dumbbells, Olympic weights etc.

Going to a gym is out of the question, she simply will not go, and I wouldn't be comfortable instructing her to perform B/B squats or deadlifts due to my lack of knowledge of correct form and fear she'd hurt herself as result.

So I'm trying to come up with a two day split lower body routine using Dumbbells and some core workout stuff (she wants to do lower body stuff only for now, for various reasons, is this a bad idea?)

The exercises that I had in mind were

(With dumbbells)
    • Squat
    • Step ups
    • Split squats
    • Lateral lunges
    • Single leg deadlift
    • Lunges

Core
    • Glute bridge
    • Maybe some of the easier core exercices from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_0nSraaoU e.g. plank position alterantively raising one leg for x seconds for y repetitions
    • Swiss-Ball Hip Raise and Leg Curl (eventually)

Could anyone offer some suggestions on a two day split incorporating these exercises?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

heard good things about the book. new rules of lifting for women.
    may be worth the investment to build a program and eventually get her into the gym.

Im in a similar boat and and just convinced my missus to get out of the spin classes and into the weights room.

Advertisement