Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any One use Heavy Duty Garden Cart in Aldi this week

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dfdream wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has one of these Garden Carts from Aldi.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-5th-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/heavy-duty-garden-cart/

I have to buy a wheelbarrow anyway and this has some advantages.

1- I can connect to rideon.
    2 - It can be pulled rather than lifted.
    3 - Load stays balanced while moving.

I see the dimensions but usually these are measured by litres. What would it equate to. Think it is 250 L.

99 euro in most other diy stores and even some builders providers....so 70 euro isnt too bad a price at all.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these Garden Carts from Aldi.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-5th-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/heavy-duty-garden-cart/

I have to buy a wheelbarrow anyway and this has some advantages.

1- I can connect to rideon.
    2 - It can be pulled rather than lifted.
    3 - Load stays balanced while moving.

I see the dimensions but usually these are measured by litres. What would it equate to. Think it is 250 L.

It wont be anywhere near that.....the dimensions quoted are the "overall size",and not the actual plastic tub size.;)

Id say it will about 75-80 litre capacity.......based on the similar sized 75 litre garden tipper carts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Outdoor-Green-Garden-Cart-Truck-Tipper-Dumper-4-Wheel-Plastic-Tray-/360662076433?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item53f9228c11#ht_1277wt_1399

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-GARDEN-HEAVY-DUTY-UTILITY-4-WHEEL-TROLLEY-CART-DUMP-WHEELBARROW-TIPPER-TRUCK-/190820363595?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item2c6dc7ad4b#ht_4097wt_1399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

All gone when I went in today :(

I took a chance and went and bought 1 of these today.

The dimensions of the plastic tub are 94 x 50 x 21cm..........that gives a tub capacity of 98.7 litres.

The website says approx dimensions.....so this is the overal size of the product.

Its still a big enough size tipper cart and seems well made too.....3 year warranty.

70 euro is a good price so.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Paddy147 does the handle split or have an attachment to fit on the tow point on a rideon....
    paddy147 wrote: »
    I took a chance and went and bought 1 of these today.

The dimensions of the plastic tub are 94 x 50 x 21cm..........that gives a tub capacity of 98.7 litres.

The website says approx dimensions.....so this is the overal size of the product.

Its still a big enough size tipper cart and seems well made too.....3 year warranty.

70 euro is a good price so.

• Advertisement

Paddy147 does the handle split or have an attachment to fit on the tow point on a rideon....

Im only just home...just reading through the instruction manual at the moment.:)

Just looking at the illustration in the manual.

The handle is a seperate part that bolts on and off.

You could easily modify/attach a towing eye or towbar attachment.

Pic of tipper carts front frame and where the handle bolts through the front frame.

Easy to modify/attach a towing eye or tow bar attachment.:)

The front frame also pivots from left to right so that you can turn the front wheels and steer the cart when walking with it or towing it behind a ride on lawnmower or quadbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 caoimhinmc

Put one together last night and tipper body wont lock down. Reason where the metal frame on the plastic tub meets the metal frame on axle it about 3mm out.
    It might be just the one I got. If I cant get replacement for it, I know Aldi's will give me my money back, but as its a great piece of equipment I might take the angle grinder to it and keep it.

caoimhinmc wrote: »
    Put one together last night and tipper body wont lock down. Reason where the metal frame on the plastic tub meets the metal frame on axle it about 3mm out.
    It might be just the one I got. If I cant get replacement for it, I know Aldi's will give me my money back, but as its a great piece of equipment I might take the angle grinder to it and keep it.

Remember,its a plastic tub so it will slightly distort its shape as you tighten down every nut and bolt.

If you lightly hand tighten all the nuts and bolts 1st,then it will sit in place.Then tighten them up with a ratchet set...but dont overtighten them.

The catch/handle for the tipper is spring loaded...you have to pull the handle out for it to lock back down.

You also pull the handle out to unlock it and tip it up too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 caoimhinmc

Yep, know about the catch handle. But will try loosen bolts and see if it fit in place.

caoimhinmc wrote: »
    Yep, know about the catch handle. But will try loosen bolts and see if it fit in place.

Well we bought 2 of them (1 for allotment and 1 for garden) and both went together perfectly for us,and both work fine too.

A ratchet and socket (size 13 and 19) and an allen key does the job perfectly:)

Advertisement