Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is biggest Tesco in Waterford?

Options
  • 01-09-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have recently moved to Waterford from Dublin & am a regular Tesco shopper.

I went to Tesco Poleberry yesterday & was not impressed I have to say. I found it untidy, didn't stock a lot of what id usually buy, & was much more expensive for some items that I would have paid for previously in Dublin.

It also had this 'bargain' section where items where supposed to be reduced to less than half price - but in fact were actually more expensive than normal.

I usually do a big online shop every few weeks (as I don't drive) & find it great for bargains. As I am closest to Tesco Poleberry would my shopping come from there - or could I request a larger store?
    So, would be great if you could advise me which is the largest Tesco in Waterford.
    Cheers 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Hi guys,

I went to Tesco Poleberry yesterday & was not impressed I have to say. I found it untidy, didn't stock a lot of what id usually buy, & was much more expensive for some items that I would have paid for previously in Dublin.

It also had this 'bargain' section where items where supposed to be reduced to less than half price - but in fact were actually more expensive than normal.

I usually do a big online shop every few weeks (as I don't drive) & find it great for bargains. As I am closest to Tesco Poleberry would my shopping come from there - or could I request a larger store?
    So, would be great if you could advise me which is the largest Tesco in Waterford.
    Cheers 😊

All online shopping comes from Tesco Ardkeen, which is near the hospital. In my own opinion Ardkeen is one of the best Tescos in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭silverfairy

That's great - thanks a million for the info. Was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to get my usual shop. Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Tesco ardkeen prob be biggest i can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Tesco in poleberry is a real dump, Ardkeen or Ballybeg are much bigger, cleaner and brighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

OP definitely dont go near Tesco Lisduggan if you think Poleberry is bad......

To be fair, they are both very old stores and are in need of major work to get them up to the same level as the newer stores like Ardkeen/Ballybeg.

Major work is/was planned for Poleberry a few years ago but dont know if its still planned or been cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

wobbles wrote: »
    OP definitely dont go near Tesco Lisduggan if you think Poleberry is bad......

To be fair, they are both very old stores and are in need of major work to get them up to the same level as the newer stores like Ardkeen/Ballybeg.

Major work is/was planned for Poleberry a few years ago but dont know if its still planned or been cancelled

Tesco Polberry was only recently refurbished (last 24months), but it quickly slid back down to where it was before the refit. (plenty of discussions on here about it)

Poleberry is my nearest tesco but I normally would go to ballybeg as it is a much better all round experience and is clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Deleted Duplicate Post!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ballybeg is nice and Ardkeen is probably the best, or one most likely to have everything you would be after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hi guys,

Cheers 😊

Any examples? I've always found that shop great for reductions. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The clothes section in Tesco Poleberry is situated in an awful place.

I don't understand how or why they positioned it right across from the tills.

Anytime I do walk through the clothes section, it just feels way too clustered and too small to be there.

That said, areas like breads, fresh meat and fruit & veg are a million times better than the selection in Lisduggan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

iseegirls wrote: »
    The clothes section in Tesco Poleberry is situated in an awful place.

I don't understand how or why they positioned it right across from the tills.

Anytime I do walk through the clothes section, it just feels way too clustered and too small to be there.

That said, areas like breads, fresh meat and fruit & veg are a million times better than the selection in Lisduggan.

absoutely wicked who's ever brain wave this was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

😊

All store have this area, when they stop selling something they leave it here and after a while it gets reduced and sold off. But in the mean time its at the normal price. Keep an eye here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056419774

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    All store have this area, when they stop selling something they leave it here and after a while it gets reduced and sold off. But in the mean time its at the normal price. Keep an eye here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056419774

I think the OP is talking about the bargain shop where the old sports shop was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lolly71

They have recently changed the clothing area around which is an improvement in my opinion but the tesco ballybeg is the best for household/electrical/clothing etc but tesco ardkeen is where to get the better food choice..which is the one that supplies the online shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

wobbles wrote: »
    I think the OP is talking about the bargain shop where the old sports shop was.

Oh, yeah the 'bargain shop', stay well away, usually the exact same item is in the main store cheaper.

Advertisement