Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which football chant do you despise most?

• 01-09-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Which chant/song gets your goat most of all? I hate the 'U-N-I-T-E-D, United are a football team'. Just annoys me and I find it stupid. I'm not anti-United btw, just anti-that song!

What are some of your most hated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Fields of Anfield Road really gets on my tits for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Same old arsenal always cheating, everyone sings it when an arsenal player ends up on the ground, just because arsenal rhymes best with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Same old arsenal always cheating, everyone sings it when an arsenal player ends up on the ground, just because arsenal rhymes best with it.

Arsenal doesn't really rhyme with cheating, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Anything which has to do with disasters, airplanes, crushed people in stands....I don't mention any names :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I personally despise any of the chants that make light of any tragedies in a clubs past (munich, Heysel, Hillsborough, etc).

Some supporters need to show some class and respect the dead:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Beginning to dislike the "so come on David Moyes" chant. Clever at first but got annoying really quickly.

Hate the "he scores when he wants, *insert players name here*, he scores when he wants" one too. Plenty of clubs guilty of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Who aaaaaa ya
    Who aaaaaa ya
    Who aaaaaa ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

That_Guy wrote: »
    Beginning to dislike the "so come on David Moyes" chant. Clever at first but got annoying really quickly.

Hate the "he scores when he wants, *insert players name here*, he scores when he wants" one too. Plenty of clubs guilty of that one.

Southampton fans did a clever version of that chant last year when Jason Puncheon was late back on the pitch after half time because he was using the toilet. They sang "he s**ts when he wants, he s**ts when he waaaaaaants, Jason Puncheon he s**ts when he wants..." :D The camera had a close up of him laughing when he heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

because arsenal rhymes best with it.

Seamus Heaney dies, and suddenly a basic understanding of poetry dies with him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't like the "Sh*t ground, no fans" chant much. The truth hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Saaaaannnnnttiiiiii Caaaaazzooorrrllla.

Repeat ad nauseam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Don't really mind football chants, except the ones about disasters, deaths, tragedies etc, which make my blood boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I was at Newcastle-Liverpool a few years back and the Geordies sang

"Shearer says you're ****" at Bellamy for the entire game...

Granted Bellamy did put Liverpool 0-1 up but newcastle soon put that right, with the game finishing 2-1...

Not one i hate, rather the opposite after the history between the players :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Chelsea fans when they play man utd at old Trafford. "We'll race you back to London". Funny the first time. Now boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I hate the one stoke & leeds do when the away teams goalie is about to take a goal kick..
    yourrrrrrrrrrrrr shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.(and when ball is kicked) aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

davycc wrote: »
    I hate the one stoke & leeds do when the away teams goalie is about to take a goal kick..
    yourrrrrrrrrrrrr shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.(and when ball is kicked) aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

That one is much worse in Germany, they even add three rude insults...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The slow 'Oh When the Spurs go Marching In' one bugs me no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He scores when he wants.

:rolleyes:

I was under the assumption he always wanted to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That David Moyes one that Man Utd fans do causes me to bang my head off the wall repeatedly.
    I also find Man City's "Blue Moon" entrance to be entirely cringe.
    "who the f*** are Man United" is also cringe.
    Obviously chants about tragedies too.

I gotta admit to really liking Liverpool's Maxi Rodriguez chant when he was around. Also Bayern's "super Bayern" chant us good if a bit repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

coybig is a dirge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Omackeral wrote: »
    Which chant/song gets your goat most of all? I hate the 'U-N-I-T-E-D, United are a football team'. Just annoys me and I find it stupid. I'm not anti-United btw, just anti-that song!

What are some of your most hated?

Those aren't the words of that chant, it's U-N-I-T-E-D, United are the team for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Ones chanted in an English accent by Irish people. Funkwits :mad:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    That one is much worse in Germany, they even add three rude insults...

do tell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fields of Anfield Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

fullstop wrote: »
    Those aren't the words of that chant, it's U-N-I-T-E-D, United are the team for me...

Ah ok, that makes more sense so! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

the united road song really bugs me, sang to the tune of country road. it makes no sense, theres no such place as united road, and the word united has no distinctive link to their club in particular, at least call it manchester road or old trafford road or anything else, even fergie road would have been better.

the u-n-i-t-e-d one also irritates me a lot, im not sure what all the words are but its always sounded fairly idiotic, no wit or meaning to it at all.

seeing as im appearing as quite a bias liverpool fan with this post, il admit anfield road is a pretty silly chant. it was originally recorded as a single for charity which is fair enough but it should have been left at that, its just a lazy rehash of a classic football anthem which they had no right to copy/alter in the first place.

davycc wrote: »
    do tell?

It's 'Arschloch, Wichser, Hurensohn' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lars1916 wrote: »
    It's 'Arschloch, Wichser, Hurensohn' :D

Arsehole, Wanker, ????

kfallon wrote: »
    Arsehole, Wanker, ????

Son of a bitch ;)

• Advertisement

ha ha i prefer that version to the stoke & leeds devolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

EASY EASY EASY EASY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

United have a version of Take Me Home Country Roads more of a song than a Chant but its awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

"We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen", by any club that chants it, it's just shockingly unoriginal and inaccurate in pretty much all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

I used to think the YaYa and Kolo Toure one was genius, but then everytime i was on a night out someone seemed to start it up..Soon got sick of it!

I know we're on about ones we despise but im liking this one at the mo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Not G.R wrote: »
    Fields of Anfield Road really gets on my tits for some reason.

It's not so much the song itself that annoys me as it was turned from beautiful ballad to brutal anthem by Munster and Celtic previous. Also not sure whether to applaud or scorn English fans for turning a song about the bad part of their history into their own song. They probably don't know much about it either way.

It's the countless Irish fans that go across and sing a brutalised english version of our Irish famine song alongside said English people. Ive said before its very cringworthy. I'm not for inciting english hate at all, and am all for moving on. That just seems incredibly stupid though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

"stand up for the boys in green"

NO! sit the fsck down and watch the match! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"Your support is f*cking sh!t", sung by nearly every set of fans a few times per game at every Premiership game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Omackeral wrote: »
    Which chant/song gets your goat most of all? I hate the 'U-N-I-T-E-D, United are a football team'. Just annoys me and I find it stupid.

The one chant that annoys you and you don't even know the words to it. Gas.

osarusan wrote: »
    Who aaaaaa ya
    Who aaaaaa ya
    Who aaaaaa ya
    In a Norn Iron accent it's the best chant ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Fields of Anfield Road has already been mentioned, but in fact the original version has no place at a football match. It's a sh*te dirge of a song and wtf a song about some tosser about to be shipped off to Australia has to do with football is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

You'll never beat the Irish

Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

For all the people mentioning Anfield Road have ye listened properly, not as if they use the same words just the basic tune. Its a fan song about legendary players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where were you when you were sh1t?:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Any chant sang in the pub at a TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ManOnFire wrote: »
    For all the people mentioning Anfield Road have ye listened properly, not as if they use the same words just the basic tune. Its a fan song about legendary players

still sh1t and annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You never beat the Irish.

I have never heard that one sang in the 10 years I have went to pretty much every competitive game at home and few away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You never beat the Irish.

I have never heard that one sang in the 10 years I have went to pretty much every competitive game at home and few away.

Pretty sure I heard it in Poland. :|

irish_goat wrote: »
    Pretty sure I heard it in Poland. :|

thats pretty funny to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

thats pretty funny to be fair

Was there myself. Might have been different part of ground so.

Was there myself. Might have been different part of ground so.

i was not there at all i just feel its funny if we were singing it considering the scores :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement