Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which football chant do you despise most?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Olé chant yet - it goes like this:

Olé, olé, olé, olé .... olé, olé (repeat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Chelsea fans singing 'Champions of Europe we know what we are' long after they had been knocked out of the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

iDave wrote: »
    Chelsea fans singing 'Champions of Europe we know what we are' long after they had been knocked out of the group stages.

That was a stupid chant but it was true, until another team won it we were still technically the regining champions.

Although that chant was replaced by another one just as bad.

"We'll sing it 'till May, We'll sing it 'till Maaaaay, Champions of Europe, we'll sing it 'till May "

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Where were you when you were sh1t?:mad:

Particularly when sang about Man City.
    They were getting about 30,000 fans in the third tier of english football. When factoring population growth, the rise of support of english football abroad due to sky and tv and the fact that their stadium holds more now than Maine Road, 30,000 was pretty decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hate "Build a bonfire, put the scousers on the top" and "Kicking a blue" sung by United fans.

Anfield row, f*ck off

That generic one "and thats the way we like it, we like it, we like it" sh'it!

Obviously the 96 bottles one and lying on the runway are awful.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    That was a stupid chant
    Exactly, it was

Chants I've enjoyed
    "The Boez got no money" to the Freed from desire tune
    "Halftime here, bring on Aliadiere" to the Living on a Prayer tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Engerland engerland engerland etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tricky D wrote: »
    The slow 'Oh When the Spurs go Marching In' one bugs me no end.

I love this one and when I am at the Lane in person and it rings around the ground at a night game it is special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Eirebear wrote: »
    Seamus Heaney dies, and suddenly a basic understanding of poetry dies with him....

Much of his poetry didn't rhyme... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

You never beat the Irish.

I have never heard that one sang in the 10 years I have went to pretty much every competitive game at home and few away.

I heard it in wembley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Empty seats my Lord and shit support my Lord sung by Villa does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Youll Never Walk Alone
    &
    Come on you boys in green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

"Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool."

So long as they arent offending anyone i dont really mind them tbh. Hillsborough/Heysel/Munich songs, etc are deplorable and disgusting on top of anything of a racial nature

Apparently Liverpool fans came up with one after Djimi Traore's blunder a few years back in the FA cup v Burnley

"Dont blame it on the Biscan,
    Dont blame it on the Hammann,
    Dont blame it on the Finnan,
    Blame it on Traore!!!,
    He just cant, he just cant, he just cant control his feet"

:D I must admit while fans coming up with these chants can only be counter productive i did lol at that one. The sudden creativity was astonishing. If you could harness it into something positive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Apparently Liverpool fans came up with one after Djimi Traore's blunder a few years back in the FA cup v Burnley

Blame it on Traore!!!,

:D I must admit while fans coming up with these chants can only be counter productive i did lol at that one. The sudden creativity was astonishing. If you could harness it into something positive :)

have to say that is quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I love this one and when I am at the Lane in person and it rings around the ground at a night game it is special.

Anything to make Europa League interesting I guess ;)

• Advertisement

At least COYBIG is only sang by us.

Its bit unique in that sense. Yes after years it might seem boring, bland whatever, but it is ours and people all over the world know its our song.

Songs only sang by the 1 team are songs I like the most or give preference.

I dont like West Ham very much but "Forever blowing bubbles" is just a class song.

From Cork point of view Fields of Bishopstown is bloody crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Can anyone hate the new Arsenal one ?

Cazorla to the left of me,
    Ozil to the right,
    Here I am,
    Stuck in the middle,
    Giroud...

Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

ronjo wrote: »

Thursdays are Spursdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

NIMAN wrote: »
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    &
    Come on you boys in green.

Ah come on now even if you aint a liverpool or celtic fan youll never walk alone is a great anthem. I like blue moon and hate the we know what you are chant

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

ronjo wrote: »
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    Thursdays are Spursdays!

Meh. Its all about supporting the Spurs so be it Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday COYS :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

He Cheats, He Dives, He hates the Jackson 5. Suarez! Suarez!

Sang by stoke fans a while back, found it absolutely class even as a Liverpool fan haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Olè olè olè olè olè olè hate it and now it seems to be sung at any sport involving Irish people/teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Olè olè olè olè olè olè hate it and now it seems to be sung at any sport involving Irish people/teams.

It's not just confined to sporting events....I've lost count of the amount of gigs I've been at where it has broken out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

When fans roar and shout when their team scores a goal. It's disgusting, idiotic and barbaric in my opinion. A simple clap from would suffice, no need for roaring and shouting.

audman wrote: »
    When fans roar and shout when their team scores a goal. It's disgusting, idiotic and barbaric in my opinion. A simple clap from would suffice, no need for roaring and shouting.

Removing ones monacle and doffing the bowler hat should suffice. If one is unfortunate enough to be of lower class and without resource to purchase appropriate eye and headware, one should refrain from shouting and use one's rattle for a maximum of 15 seconds to demonstrate one's approval of the aforementioned goalscoring feats.

"Hip hip hurray" and "three cheers" ought to return with haste to the terraces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Blame it on Traore!!!,

That and the Arsenal one, "Ou Ee Ou Ah Ah, ting tang walla walla Frimpong", are my all time favourite chants!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's not just confined to sporting events....I've lost count of the amount of gigs I've been at where it has broken out.

agree with you there.

seen at concerts even myself:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I hate the way all stadiums play music when a goal is scored, Would much prefer when in the stadium and when watching on TV, they would just let the crowd make the noise.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hate the way all stadiums play music when a goal is scored, Would much prefer when in the stadium and when watching on TV, they would just let the crowd make the noise.

All stadiums don't. The day they do that at Anfield is the day I have to seriously question going to a match again. Hopefully it won't come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Stand up for the Boys in Green. Does my head in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I am pie wrote: »
    Removing ones monacle and doffing the bowler hat should suffice. If one is unfortunate enough to be of lower class and without resource to purchase appropriate eye and headware, one should refrain from shouting and use one's rattle for a maximum of 15 seconds to demonstrate one's approval of the aforementioned goalscoring feats.

"Hip hip hurray" and "three cheers" ought to return with haste to the terraces.

Off topic but this reminds me of one of the old English amateur teams Corinthians FC who disagreed with the introduction of the penalty kick in the 1890's on the grounds that it had no place in a gentleman's game and would tap the ball gently to the keeper when awarded one.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

"stand up for the boys in green"

NO! sit the fsck down and watch the match! ;-)

Why would anyone want to sit down at a match???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Lih-ver-pool, Lih-ver-pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

''I'm English til I die, I'm English til I die, I know I am and so I am I'm English til I die''

Well if you were born in England of course you will be you gob****e!!!

Does me nut in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Chants aside, that f**king band at the England game is one of the most annoying things in football.

5starpool wrote: »
    All stadiums don't. The day they do that at Anfield is the day I have to seriously question going to a match again. Hopefully it won't come.

Do they not do it in Anfield? Ive been there a few times and im pretty sure theres music after a goals scored but I must be wrong

Wonder do many other stadiums not do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do they not do it in Anfield? Ive been there a few times and im pretty sure theres music after a goals scored but I must be wrong

Almost certain they used to do it at Parkhead....and to go that extra annoying step they used that 'Chelsea Dagger' song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Owen_S wrote: »
    Chants aside, that f**king band at the England game is one of the most annoying things in football.

The Dutch have much like the same...it sounds like one of them brass bands from Bavaria. Only some fancy costumes are missing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Even more so when it's that f*cking 'Chelsea Dagger' song. That 'du-du-du-du' chant in it, stop :(

Vuvuzuelas...fck me they are bad news.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Almost certain they used to do it at Parkhead....and to go that extra annoying step they used that 'Chelsea Dagger' song.

This season Celtic are using the same tune that was used when all the other teams were pumping goals in against us in Poland at the Euros.

Cant think of the name

How could you be there a few times and be wrong? I could understand once but a few times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Any cub's fans that rip off the tune of the Blaydon Races.

**** off, it's not your ****ing song!!!:mad:

Other than that, chants don't bother me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The Dutch have much like the same...it sounds like one of them brass bands from Bavaria. Only some fancy costumes are missing :rolleyes:

I love the way the Feyenoord fans hum the Speedy J techno track "Pullover" - not something you see every day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You never beat the Irish.

I have never heard that one sang in the 10 years I have went to pretty much every competitive game at home and few away.

definetly sung before the croatia game in the euros. The best part was after the match it was changed to youll never beat the irish.....again. As a liverpool fan i dont like that champions champions chant that utd fans have been singing over the last 20 odd years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

"You're just a sh*t ..... ....."

Seems to be the only chant Spurs fans know, they just sing it about every one of the opposition players picking a different random comparison every time :(

Only ever heard it in Villa Park tbh. Haven't heard it in OT, The Etihad, Anfield or Liberty Stadium that I can remember. There is music played, but not for goals.

Don't think there is any chants I would go so far as saying I'd despise. There are a couple of cringey ones, but I would far prefer those that nothing at all. It all leads to the atmosphere. Nothing worse than sitting 90minutes through a game with no singing, chanting or any participation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Olè olè olè olè olè olè

when did it change from
    Olè olè olè olè Ireland, Ireland

to

Olè olè olè olè olè olè

• Advertisement
Advertisement