Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which football chant do you despise most?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

7 nation army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not strictly football, but I really hate the one sung at the rugby

Irrrrrrrrrreeelaaaaaaaand, Irrrrrrrrrreeelaaaaaaaand, Irrrrrrrrrreeelaaaaaaaand, Irrrrrrrrrreeelaaaaaaaand,

Actually all Ireland chants / songs are pretty dire. Nobody has any imagination at Lansdowne road, All we sing is this stand up crap, and the fields (which I do actually like) but we have sooo many songs we could sing and yet we don't. I cant remember the last time I heard Molly Malone sung at an Ireland game.

I think the FAI need to spend a bit of time, not a lot of money, and involve a few fans, come up with chants / songs we could sing... stick them in the program, and promote the singing of them, maybe introduce a small band in the crowd (like the Dutch do) to initiate the songs.

Couple of chants though I really like involve 2 Liverpool goalkeepers.

Jerzey Dudek... "we've got a big pole in our goal......" very witty

Mignolet... (all be it stolen)...... "He's our keeper, our Belgian keeper....)" class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

We all dream of a team of Carraghers/Gary Breens.
    Cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

At Man Utd games the My old man is a city fan song, for some reason the bit where it says

"I'd rather shag a bucket with a big hole in it"

Sorry, what? Who even says that? Is that the best lyrics they could get to rhyme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

7 Nation Army

That Dario G song, I think it's called Sunchyme

Also, I never knew the name of it, but Tom Hark by The Piranhas, it's "after goal" music, STFU you cúnts playing this song, it's effing awful.

Sloop John B being used for EVERY chant, do something original you twonks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Twonk? Have a word with yourself. WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Any cub's fans that rip off the tune of the Blaydon Races.

**** off, it's not your ****ing song!!!:mad:

Other than that, chants don't bother me.:)

Why do Newcastle fans insist on trying to sing the song as fast as possible. I doubt it is even coherent after about 5 seconds. Catchy tune but the execution is all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fieldog wrote: »
    I love the way the Feyenoord fans hum the Speedy J techno track "Pullover" - not something you see every day...

I love it.

Advertisement