Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NLD 4pm KO Arsenal V Tottenham, Emirates Stadium

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Nothing consistent or coherent really from Spurs. Sturridge is on a different planet to Defoe and will poop all over his goalscoring record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah. Suck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

All the money spurs have spent and they are still hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Delighted. What a ground out win.

After such money they spent and all, you have to feel for Spurs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Quazzie wrote: »
    There was zero contact made..... buddy.

have you not seen the replay?

anyway FT mad scenes at the end Walked really should have equalised..

well done arsenal better team on the day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Jesus, my heart! Great result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Back in your box AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We are 4th. Trrrroooopppphhhhyyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I am pie wrote: »
    Nothing consistent or coherent really from Spurs. Sturridge is on a different planet to Defoe and will poop all over his goalscoring record.

I think Defoe starting every game and Sturridge starting every game, Defoe would score more. I've always been a fan of Sturridge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Must be fierce frustrating to spend £100m and still get beat by a team that have spent the best part of feck all, eh lads? Still waiting for that power shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

davycc wrote: »

well done arsenal better team

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well that's Arsenal doing nothing on Transfer Deadline Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nothing less than Arsenal and Sp**s deserve.

delighted with 3 points today over 'em today, puts them back in their box for a few months longer.

Ahead of Man Utd in the league too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Hopefully AVB gets a nice fine from the FA the same way Wenger would have if he went for that stroll.

both clubs equal on points & goal difference but no 4th place cup for us as usual

All the money spurs have spent and they are still hopeless.

It will take time for them to gel tbf... and lots and lots of patience. I think the general player turnover and lack of the latter have been Spurs big foible over the years. They were getting a good side together until all the 'Arry for England' business. New manager came in then with different style and idea's

Wenger is right when he claimed his own side are more settled in terms of competing but he needs to buy make no mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Very worrying for Spurs. Only 2 goals in 3 games and both were penos.

In terms of their signings

Soldado has done nothing in 3 games bar being presented with 2 penos

Chadli has been pants

Capoue looks like he'll be out for a while

Paulinho looks a bit hampered by the crap around him.

and thats before we get to the old guard in Kyle Walker. Spurs were genuinely better off with him off the pitch in the last 10 minutes. He is bird brained.

You can say what you want about the Bale deal but Gareth Bale is worth 100 million to Spurs.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Agreed

arse better team on the day..
    spurs still have a lot of gelling to get going..

really missed Kaboul & Lennon & Eriksen today instead of Daws who had a shocker along with rose & walker & chadli..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

really missed Kaboul & Lennon & Eriksen today instead of Daws who had a shocker along with rose & walker & chadli..

How can you miss a player that has never played for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Arsenal really missed Messi today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

in fairness we are missing far more, so no excuses.

Quazzie wrote: »
    How can you miss a player that has never played for ye?

he is the creative spark we have been missing since Modric left..

Shame he wasnt signed on time might have made the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Arsenal showed their class today. With a few signings this team will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Now its up to the 24 hour transfer team to follow that. 3 decent players needed. Girpud ran himself knackered but he can't be doing that all season.

Taking off my Arsenal cap I think Sp**s will take quite a few weeks to gel, they'll be challenging for 4th this season without a doubt.

Very strong squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Can't expect players who've come in from different leagues to gel together and adjust to the PL instantly,in fairness to Spurs.

Arsenal played very well though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Taking off my Arsenal cap I think Sp**s will take quite a few weeks to gel, they'll be challenging for 4th this season without a doubt.

Very strong squad.

Some fans of theirs think the title is what they will be bidding for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think they could be up there challenging come April/May too.
    The old order could change. I am not impressed with United who could drop out.

not for me..

im sure when the players eventually gel we will have a great exciting team..

its just in the meantime I can see us dropping more points & that will come back to bite us come april +

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Well done Arsenal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

not for me..

im sure when the players eventually gel we will have a great exciting team..

its just in the meantime I can see us dropping more points & that will come back to bite us come april +

It will take time to get used of the new lads in the squad and also not having Bale there to turn games on their head. Ye're pretty much in the exact same situation we were last year after losing RVP.

Did Wenger say that he would surprise us with a big spend?
    I switched over and missed the interview it seems.

yea he said it with a big smile too looked like he means business behind the scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Did Wenger say that he would surprise us with a big spend?
    I switched over and missed the interview it seems.

He smiled and said maybe we will surprise you....... I reckon he has a deal done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Really glad for arsenal and wenger that they won today. I understand arsenal supporters' patience with him has been withering away over the seasons but he DOES know how to spot talent, and it seems he may finally begin to move slightly out of his bargain hunting mentality. That is a scarily-good prospect for arsenal fans not just this summer but next summer as well.

It's easy to forget that arsenal were at the top right up until billions came into chelsea, and man city too. I think keeping arsenal from slipping on a liverpool scale has been quite an achievement all things considered.

I know people don't like hearing it but the level of technical ability in his teams for the past decade has been incredible and as a neutral they are the team I want to watch the most in premiership for years.

Flamini is actually a really good 'signing' imo. What happened to him at milan btw?

If draxler is the signing I'd **** the bed if I was an arsenal fan, even though he's not exactly what they NEED.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Flamini is actually a really good 'signing' imo. What happened to him at milan btw?

Supposedly turned down a new deal there earlier in the summer. Not sure what his reasons were for rejecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I bet he's bluffing :D

I have an update on Capoue:

He is currently undergoing an X-Ray but even so it doesn't look good. Seems to be a broken fibia (broken leg) ..

he looked in absolute agony the second it happened..

Ah that's harsh on the lad. Was playing well too.

i know it turned my stomach same feeling as watching Eduardos leg break a few yrs back...i still cant watch replays of it i wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy honestly

• Advertisement

I have an update on Capoue:

He is currently undergoing an X-Ray but even so it doesn't look good. Seems to be a broken fibia (broken leg) ..

he looked in absolute agony the second it happened..

I really hope to God you are wrong.
    I hate to see players being injured. It would be the worst of luck for him and Spurs. He looked very good too.

Im gutted as he had settled in well in every game before today & looked like a sandro mk2 in the making..just wasnt up to speed with the intensity of his first NLD..

Ill be keeping an ear out for good news but not looking good.others are saying its a double fracture as well..poor fella

Im gutted as he had settled in well in every game before today & looked like a sandro mk2 in the making..just wasnt up to speed with the intensity of his first NLD..

Ill be keeping an ear out for good news but not looking good.others are saying its a double fracture as well..poor fella

IS it defo an broke leg he got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

IS it defo an broke leg he got?

No, it ended up as a sprained ankle. He's out for 4 weeks. Looked far worse.

Advertisement