Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Finale was just wow

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great end to a great season. I know it had its haters, but I loved every minute of it.

By the way, there is a scene after the credits...

Shame we have to wait until 2018 for Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Can't wait, should be available online today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Now that was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

So
    Ford causes a ****storm, then leaves the party.
    It's where the 70s movie left off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Great finale. Lot to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,164 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anyone think the Ford at the end could have been a host?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭corkie

Woke up this morning around 4am and downloaded.

Watched it on my phone using my VR Headset.

Was a bit disappoint that
    William is MIB
    and what it means for Season 2.

Watched again for a second time this afternoon and appreciated the episode more.

What is left unclear: -
    Who was using Arnold's access code to rewrite Maeve's story for the escape?
    SW = ~~~ = Samurai World?

Also in case people miss it, there is another clip of the show at the end of credits.

Anyone think the Ford at the end could have been a host?

Unclear as of yet, but given
    the speech he makes and the comment about Mozart etc living on in their music - which could be an allusion to him 'living on' in his creations, whether literally or not - it's possible.

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    Who was using Arnold's access code to rewrite Maeve's story for the escape?
    SW = ~~~ = Samurai World?

Also in case people miss it, there is another clip of the show at the end of credits.

I assumed
    Ford, and it was all part of his narrative

Oh and as always, great musical choices in the finale. I'm sure everyone heard Radiohead's music in there, there was a Muse song used also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

F88king epic . . Loved it . . Few shows can end as strong. . It could finish on that and be a masterpiece with us left imagining what happens . .

What about the MIB smiling when he realises he finally got what he wanted . . Ah, this was just awesome . .

I thought for a minute that Bernard or Teddy might save ford and that it might end up being hosts v hosts as they make different conscious decisions.

I thought there was something so beautiful about Ford, who has looked so cock sure and coldhearted throughout, admitting that his partner was right all along. I did not see him being the one looking to set them free, but it makes sense when you think about all his actions to sabotage the corporate end of things, including his meeting with MIB.

Ah, this was just superb on every scale. Not many shows my wife and I can really get into together, but this was one . . .

I really hope that
    Anthony Hopkins
    is not done with the show. Was a huge part of my enjoyment watching Westworld.

Anyway, it was a strong finale, but (and this is my fault, not the show's) I will be staying away from Reddit for the second season. A lot of those revelations and dramatic hit-points, the full scope of their effect was a bit lost on me because I had already read a theory.

Of course, fan theories aren't exclusive to Westworld, or even the medium of television, and they are rarely accurate. Somehow though, on Reddit they did really well with the Westworld theories, to the point that in retrospect they were ****ing spoilers!

Great show, looking forward to giving season 1 another viewing quite soon. Also want to get a copy of the soundtrack. My favourite in a TV show since Penny Dreadful, I must look to see if the shows have the same composer because the sounds are similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

don't make a season 2.

leave it at that.

it was perfect....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Also think Ford was a host version/body double. (He was building one in secret on that remote facility thing) Have to admit I didn't see it coming that he would be the one would actually helped the hosts become aware. I thought he was behind Maeve and that the "new narrative" he was working on would be something violent towards the board, didn't think though it was ultimately for the benefit of the hosts.

Looking back given his sentiment towards the family of hosts that he kept secret and private there probably were other clues there that he cared about the hosts gaining sentience too.

Anyone else think Dolores may become the violent villain next season, some the lines she said were about taking over human's world as well as her own. Maeve however has defied her narrative and chosen to stay to find her daughter because of human like emotions that were embedded within her and ultimately helped her gain sentience. She seems a bit more likely to be more sympathetic towards not making the human race extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was very satisfied with the finale but less excited at the possibility of a second season. A lot of the season was quite plodding and i just don't think a second season could work if they changed the setting to be Samurai -world or whatever was in the books. If its all about Robots hiding in the real world than it just would be a duplicate of the Channel 4 show "Humans".

One thing we can all agree on is the useless security teams :D

What were they doing the whole season lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sure they were still telling the hosts to disable all motor functions after they had already killed a bunch of people. Just shoot them.

Sure they were still telling the hosts to disable all motor functions after they had already killed a bunch of people. Just shoot them.

Feckin Eircom is what they are lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The handshake at the end with Ford was perfect writing. It leaves just enough open for the idea that Ford is a host or re-created himself as a host, because it was not his usual handshake.

I can see why they wanted to leave that there for some second season twists. With Hopkins being close to 80 and a long wait in between seasons it's only smart to shut one door (or at least be seen to be doing so) and leave another one open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

You know, I honestly thought I'd seen headlines or accidentally read stuff that might have given away the plot.

They did not.

Like I mean, it was like the folks trying to ruin it were getting meta-ruined by the writers who anticipated them in advance :)

That was something else!

Also, cool post-credits scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

don't make a season 2.

leave it at that.

it was perfect....

Don't be so silly! Some people were saying the same after season one of True Detective, and if we had have listened to people like you....oh right :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Brilliant show what a finale and a great first season this is my new Lost :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Brace yourselves, Season 2's are coming
    - 2017: Stranger Things
    - 2018: Westworld

What could possibly go wrong...

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stubbs was shown to be paranoid and competent and undoubtedly was taken out of the security control because he was perceived a potential threat to any uprising happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Slydice wrote:
    Also, cool post-credits scene!

Did i miss something at the end? Was it not just the girl with her arm trapped getting free?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,164 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Did i miss something at the end? Was it not just the girl with her arm trapped getting free?

Yeah that was all, and a dumb ass security guy saying "freeze all motor functions" for some stupid reason.

I was underwhelmed I must say when I went back to see what I had missed out on the first time I watched :)

I hope they decide not to make a season 2, I loved it and I think going out like that is perfect.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Sorry folks season 2 has already been greenlit and it's happening. Apparently Nolan has indicated he has 5 seasons worth of material in his head and S1 was very much an opener to the entire universe he's creating in this show.

Advertisement