Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Thought it was great, loved the season finale. Also loved the hoot n annie on Dragon Girl o_0 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭corkie

Above is used to suggest the
    "Ford" that died
    was a host. The one that was been built when Theresa was killed.

Leaves the option open for
    "Sir A.H." return in Season 2
    , other than just flashbacks.

Edit quote from Nolan:
    That was definitely a real Ford.

From here: -

Westworld Creators on the Season Finale Reveals, Ford's Plan and What to Expect in Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Here is an interview with Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy on what is to come. Please don't read this unless you have seen the season finale.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/12/05/westworld-creators-on-the-season-finale-reveals-fords-plan-and-what-to-expect-in-season-2
    Pretty much confirms that it was the real Ford who died, but it doesn't mean he hasn't made a copy of himself like how he did with Arnold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Really impressed with that. Will enjoy watching the whole thing again in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Kind of sickened he is gone. He truly has been fantastic in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are theories about Ford going around that
    the host he was building a few weeks ago was a clone of himself, and that's who Dolores killed - the real Ford is tucked away somewhere in the complex

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah the creators can deny that theory all they want, but that handshake confirms it for me.

Here ye go folks.Put on a good pair of Headphones and enjoy the perfection ;)

https://play.spotify.com/album/2poAUFGkHetMzM4xzLBVhY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Great choice of music for the final scene. Not sure where it goes from here. Felt like a perfect ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how does one unbury a town?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have an army of hosts to do it.

Two flashes of the Westworld office interiors make me believe it is the maze and Delores in the work shop with Arnold/Bernard is a metaphor for being in the heart of the maze. Maeves escape from the office compounds this theory for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This show is clever. Here is a shot from episode 6. They literally showed us what Ford had planned.

c9SHoKX.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm guessing that Ford's plan is not just to help the hosts gain consciousness, but also to convince the public at large that they're conscious. My guess would be that Meave is central to that storyline, with her overriding the storyline that she was given, and running into a park that's gone totally mental to save her daughter. What could be more human than a mothers love, after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm guessing that Ford's plan is not just to help the hosts gain consciousness, but also to convince the public at large that they're conscious. My guess would be that Meave is central to that storyline, with her overriding the storyline that she was given, and running into a park that's gone totally mental to save her daughter. What could be more human than a mothers love, after all?

I would guess that she was programmed to escape, recruit, get to the train and then left to make the decision herself on what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,685 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would guess that she was programmed to escape, recruit, get to the train and then left to make the decision herself on what to do.

Bernard mentions the train though, with the implication being it isn't planned that she leaves.

Can't remember the exact words he uses, but he does say something like "In fact when you get to the train..." and he is cut off by Meave saying it is her plan and her choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

How will Ford explain the mass killing of real people at end? Will these people not be sought after?

mad m wrote: »
    How will Ford explain the mass killing of real people at end? Will these people not be sought after?

I doubt he can with a bullet through the back of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Spoilers!!!!

The security teams really bugged me. At first i thought it was a plot device - they seemed to not actively shoot at any of the hosts until the very end corridor scene. They just walked towards them refusing to shoot until they were all dead. Considering the hosts seem to be as fragile as people in terms of getting shot, the fact that two hosts took down approx 15 of the security team who were equally armed without a scratch (bar the one caught in the door of course) seemed a bit over the top. I thought the teams were under orders to let them through at first but didn't really seem to make sense. The bit at the very end they seemed to be trying to deactivate them but when everyone is getting shot around you surely its obviously not working ha.

In saying all that i love the finale and the season as a whole. I honestly dont know where they could go with season 2 though that wouldn't undermine season 1

Great finale. What happened to William though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

We'll find out next season. Hopefully he survives the host attack - as it is what he has been searching for afterall!

er........................... he became MIB. Did you miss that part? :P

Just joking. I assume he survives into S2. He looked delighted at what was happening.

....... wrote: »
    Also, didn't Maeve increase her tolerance to pain earlier in the season - she made changes to the Hector and the snake one prior to them activating, so I assume should made similar changes to them to make them more durable.

er........................... he became MIB. Did you miss that part? :P

Just joking. I assume he survives into S2. He looked delighted at what was happening.

Yeah... bad troll attempt from me :pac:

Also, didn't Maeve increase her tolerance to pain earlier in the season - she made changes to the Hector and the snake one prior to them activating, so I assume should made similar changes to them to make them more durable.

There was definitely something done to them. We see other hosts in severe pain from a single gunshot or stab wound, yet Armistice was chopping her own arm off with barely a wince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

....... wrote: »

Yeah i get that alright you'd just expect these security teams to be trained and for not one of them to hit the target when outnumbering the two hosts 8:1 seemed to stretch credibility.

Anyway it wasn't even a big deal just something that jumped out at me a bit while it was playing out. Loved the pace of the finale really enjoyed the way it ended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Bernard mentions the train though, with the implication being it isn't planned that she leaves.

Can't remember the exact words he uses, but he does say something like "In fact when you get to the train..." and he is cut off by Meave saying it is her plan and her choices.

Pretty sure he said "When you get to the mainland" - there was a glimpse of something on the tablet referencing that too.

I got the impression she was programmed to leave, but her making the decision to abandon everything she though she wanted for a child she logically, if not emotionally, knows isn't really hers is her moving towards the centre of her maze. Still think Ford wanted to put her in that position, and even Bernard telling her it was all programmed might have been part of that plan.

I also thought it was implied that the body we saw being created was for her. Wasn't it stated that there were elements physically embedded in her body that made it impossible for her to escape?
    She burned herself and Hector, so they would have had to get new bodies.
    hence her aside to Felix that "I'm all still here".
    (I've a mental block on how Armistice died, but since she was being re-tattooed she's clearly a new copy too.)

More durable bodies for the other two would also explain their ability to take on the security team.

Fairly sure she's got a custom body without the security restrictions. The only question is whether her pet techs made it or Ford did, and if so, how she reconciles that. Though it's possible the techs think she somehow arranged it, and Ford did so while programming her to believe she organised it.

Then again, I've been wrong about pretty much everything up until now, so ...

MOH wrote: »
    Pretty sure he said "When you get to the mainland" - there was a glimpse of something on the tablet referencing that too.

I got the impression she was programmed to leave, but her making the decision to abandon everything she though she wanted for a child she logically, if not emotionally, knows isn't really hers is her moving towards the centre of her maze. Still think Ford wanted to put her in that position, and even Bernard telling her it was all programmed might have been part of that plan.

I also thought it was implied that the body we saw being created was for her. Wasn't it stated that there were elements physically embedded in her body that made it impossible for her to escape?
    She burned herself and Hector, so they would have had to get new bodies.
    hence her aside to Felix that "I'm all still here".
    (I've a mental block on how Armistice died, but since she was being re-tattooed she's clearly a new copy too.)

More durable bodies for the other two would also explain their ability to take on the security team.

Fairly sure she's got a custom body without the security restrictions. The only question is whether her pet techs made it or Ford did, and if so, how she reconciles that. Though it's possible the techs think she somehow arranged it, and Ford did so while programming her to believe she organised it.

Then again, I've been wrong about pretty much everything up until now, so ...

The touchscreen Bernard was holding displayed most of her coding which was enabling her to make the escape. In almost chronological order. There was a reference to 'mainland infiltration' in there almost directly after the 'train' and 'exit WW' modules, but as Maeve decided to get off the train and return to WW it's clear that she's now making her own choices completely independent of programming.

The security restriction you're thinking of is a small bomb placed within all host bodies which will go off if they attempt to leave the park.

• Advertisement

I thought she simply approved herself to leave the park (and didn't approve Hector - as she stated) - as opposed to their being a physical reason they wouldn't be able to leave.

Advertisement