Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Effects wrote: »
    pics?

Cant do that techonolgy stuff dude its where Bernard just has his back to the camera easy seen on rewatch

In episode 2 on rewatch jimmmy knocks shoulders and apologises to a (host I think) was it Ed Harris, James Marsden or Jimmi Simpson who did it and shot them cant remmeber

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Talulah Riley and Louis Herthum regulars for season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Finished watching the series last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it albeit being confused for a lot of it :)
    I loved this series apart from the last episode which seemed kind of flat. It lacked all the wow moments of previous episodes. It seemed to just be setting the stage for the next series.
    The main hosts, apart from Delores and Teddy who were doing the drama, were no longer wearing their 'western' clothes. The final shootout with security echoed the scripted shootout in episode 1, except it was not as 'cool' as the first one where they were dressed as outlaws.
    I imagine there will be less West in the next series which will be very disappointing for me as I love westerns.

Just on the bolded bit above, I was really hoping Hector was going to throw off the lab coat & red gloves and he would be (somehow) have his black leather outlaw outfit underneath. That would have looked way cooler! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Ugh, just got around to finishing it there. Really don't get the hype.

I adored the first episode, but it was quickly downhill from there. It was essentially 8 episodes of jumbled filler before the ending. It might have made for a much better mini series.

Even the "scale" is sometimes overblown as so much of the screen time essentially took place on a stage(the glass labs).

I'm definitely not a fan, it was a massive struggle to get through. The whole cowboys and robbers thing and the maze was about as interesting as an episode of Fair City.

Code, roll back, coding, someone, host, memories, yadda yadda robots evil blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This masterpiece will be available on Blu Ray & DVD on November 6th. Season 1 is now titled as The Maze. This will also be the first release of a TV show in 4K Uktra HD.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Westworld-Blu-ray/dp/B01M1O49JE/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1499282448&sr=8-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Season 2 has started filming. Teaser shown at SDCC

Put in spoiler tags as image for video could be considered a spoiler

It doesn't need a second season. It ended perfectly.

I take everything back. That trailer looks unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I take everything back. That trailer looks unreal.

I'll probably wait and read the reviews before watching Season 2.
    If the general consensus is that it's crap, I won't watch it and I'll pretend that there was only ever one season! :pac:
    The same goes for season 2 of Stranger Things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Its been said that the original Westworld was a draft which turned into Jurassic Park. If you put where Westworld Season 1 ended in terms of the Jurassic Park movie, the fences are down, the only guy who can fix them has just been eaten by a Dilophosaurus, and the raptors are loose and hungry. When watching Jurassic Park, I don't think anyone said at the point in the film "I don't see where they are going to go after this".

I predict season 2 will be the hosts causing more carnage in the park and ultimately trying to get out of it. The guests suddenly find themselves in a real wild west with no safety mechanisms, the security teams find themselves out gunned and outmatched when trying to bring things back under control, and it becomes a race of survival for all humans as they try to get out of Westworld.

We've only seen guests arriving to Westworld by train so far. I predict the end of Season 2 will be the big reveal that the infrastructure used to get off the Island has been destroyed/crippled either by accident or intentionally by Maeve's group of insurgents. Season 3 becomes the struggle to get off the Island for the few remaining survivors with us also seeing the consternation "back at Corporate HQ" as the Dalos corporation consider just abandoning Westworld as reclaiming it is going to be too costly.

I got this email from Dalos the other day:
    Hey—
    I know the board celebration is happening and it’s all hands on deck to make sure Journey into Night is nothing short of a Dionysian ****show...but I’d like to remind you that life goes on outside the park. There has to be someone there that can answer an email.
    Anyway. The Roadshow Experience was a huge success. I have a feeling it won’t be the last.
    I tried to forward along the event recap below from our vendor to your team at Westworld and I keep getting strange away messages. Can you ping them to get in touch with HBO Logistics—they need shipping port info ASAP to get the assets back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

What is she doing to that Horse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

“Due to a medical emergency involving a performer in a recurring role on season 2 of ‘Westworld,’ filming on one of the two units has been temporarily suspended,” HBO said in a statement to Deadline. “The cast member was not on set when this occurred, and out of respect for the performer’s privacy, we have no additional details to share, other than that everyone at ‘Westworld’ sincerely hopes for a quick recovery.”

Actor now named.
    “Actor Zahn McClarnon was hospitalized Wednesday night after sustaining an injury at home,” the premium cabler said in a statement Friday. “He is on the mend and looking forward to getting back to work. Westworld will resume filming on both units next week.”

http://deadline.com/2017/11/westworld-production-suspended-actor-injury-1202200604/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jaysus I was afraid it might be Hopkins. He's getting on a bit now isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Actor now named.

Zahn McClarnon

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Effects wrote: »
    Who?

He has starred in Longmire, The Son, Fargo & The Red Road in the last 3 years.

Character actor who fits the I know the face but not the name bill.

Zahn+McClarnon+joe101JK7BPm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I didn’t notice him in season 1 of westworld. He is awesome as Mathias in Longmire. I am looking forward to next season of westworld and Longmire now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Westworld Season 2 coming April 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Falthyron wrote: »
    Westworld Season 2 coming April 22.

Two days after my birthday, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only finished Season 1 before Xmas. Fantastic show. Really, really loved it. New trailers look awesome too. Think I'll survive not having Game of Thrones this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gorgeous trailer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Penn wrote: »
    Only finished Season 1 before Xmas. Fantastic show. Really, really loved it. New trailers look awesome too. Think I'll survive not having Game of Thrones this year.

Probably a show best watched after its finished airing on the network. All the fan theories posted on reddit here and IMDB kind of killed any surprise I would of got if I just binged it after all 10 episodes aired. My fault though, I'm guilty of rushing to the internet straight after every episode airs to see peoples thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

neirbloom wrote: »
    Probably a show best watched after its finished airing on the network. All the fan theories posted on reddit here and IMDB kind of killed any surprise I would of got if I just binged it after all 10 episodes aired. My fault though, I'm guilty of rushing to the internet straight after every episode airs to see peoples thoughts.

I am the exact same. Guilty as charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭corkie

I enjoyed the live Internet theory aspect of Westworld first season.

Don't usually do it for other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

neirbloom wrote: »

I accidentally spoiled myself when I saw something on Wikipedia
    (that Jeffrey Wright played Arnold). Luckily it was after I'd already found out Bernard was a host, and I also managed to avoid all the other spoilers.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to be limiting reading about it after each episode. It was always the worst and best bit of Breaking Bad. Reading people's thoughts and theories, and little things they noticed, but then being spoiled when the theory you've read turns out to be right and diminishes its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This guy (known mostly for his work on Game of Thrones) does an excellent summary of season one if anyone is interested in a quick reminder. Massive spoilers, so don't watch it if you intend on watching season one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I love that Kanye West piano cover. It's also on Spotify and Apple Music if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I loved season 1 but I really don't want to wait till April

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I loved season 1 but I really don't want to wait till April

You’ve made it over a year already. What’s another two months. :)

I can’t wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Loughc wrote: »
    You’ve made it over a year already. What’s another two months. :)

I can’t wait.

Now that I know the date it's back thats what makes the wait feel longer

Advertisement