Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭corkie

Armistice???

Was wondering why we didn't see her in episode 1!

MV5BZDc4MzE4NWQtY2JmNi00ZWIxLTkzNGYtM2RhY2YwODUxMDNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

She is scheduled according to IMDb to be in
    Three episode of season 2, starting episode 2.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What is armistice?

What is armistice?

That is the name of the character pictured above. ???? :)

Off-topic: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

corkie wrote: »
    Armistice???

Was wondering why we didn't see her in episode 1!

MV5BZDc4MzE4NWQtY2JmNi00ZWIxLTkzNGYtM2RhY2YwODUxMDNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

She is scheduled according to IMDb to be in
    Three episode of season 2, starting episode 2.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal

More like Armlesstice after last season amirite ??

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am not sure how people are confused by episode 1.... I suspect most people are too busy on their laptop/phone/tablet and not actually paying attention.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am not sure how people are confused by episode 1.... I suspect most people are too busy on their laptop/phone/tablet and not actually paying attention.

Can't believe I'm coming to Westworld's defense on its dubious story telling methods...

We are following a malfunctioning robot who is clearly confused about what has taken place. We are supposed to be just as confused as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Can't believe I'm coming to Westworld's defense on its dubious story telling methods...

We are following a malfunctioning robot who is clearly confused about what has taken place. We are supposed to be just as confused as him.

Exactly, text book unreliable 'narrator'. The fun is in trying to spot the blanks/discrepancies. I need to give s1 a re-watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thougjt the two timelines in this episode was a much clearer plot device than the hidden timelines last season. There will still be curveballs and I have a couple of things that might crop up e.g. where has security guy come from? And I noticed the "Indians" who nabbed him were the ones who Dolores killed off. So are there factions among the hosts?

I also thought there was a clear inference Bernard flooded the plain to kill the hosts, so that will probably turn out to be misdirection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Talisman

I thougjt the two timelines in this episode was a much clearer plot device than the hidden timelines last season. There will still be curveballs and I have a couple of things that might crop up e.g. where has security guy come from?
    I think there are more than two - or possibly what we saw on the beach with Bernard waking up etc is
    Delos engineers re-running the host through its loop
    And I noticed the "Indians" who nabbed him were the ones who Dolores killed off. So are there factions among the hosts?

I also thought there was a clear inference Bernard flooded the plain to kill the hosts, so that will probably turn out to be misdirection.
    Dolores is from the Arnold 'self-aware' camp while the 'Journey Into Night' hosts are Robert's work, so there are at least two factions.

The hosts that attacked the party didn't directly try to kill William, they merely winged him. The young Robert host also told him that this game was for him - Robert's parting gift to William for saving the park?

Repeat showing tonight, if you missed it?

Sky Atlanctic: WestWorld S02E01 - 22:00!

If you missed it last Monday or want to repeat watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Violence is the best part

Not enough of it. Too much dialogue, and cryptic horse manure

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus Dolores talking an awful lot of waffle, her dialogue is like a pisstake of Lost-type riddles for riddles sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks like the plot added is that William and his Dad used Westworld to help with Advertising and influence money.

I wonder what this weapon will be. My guess.. infiltrator bots to do spy stuff in the real world.

Although, it could be weaponised killer bots.

For a bit I thought it would be one of the other Parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I reckon the 'Secret Weapon' is the data-centre, where all the secrets, 'sins' of the guests are stored for real world exploitation. Delores doesn't need to kill all the humans, she can unleash all of this information and they will kill each other.

As for the 'long twist', I think Delores has been fully conscious/awake since Arnold died. His last act was to enable Delores to record and watch everything, but keep her knowledge in deep storage until she was ready or a certain event occurred. Her reference to patience sparked that in my mind and I think she has been biding her time for years.

Excellent episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Great to see Peter Mullan and Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Frings) in a small but fantastic cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Great episode with some good reveals. I have about 5 theories floating about in my head at moment but we're only 2 eps in so no doubt they will change drastically as more becomes clear.

Slydice wrote: »
    Looks like the plot added is that William and his Dad used Westworld to help with Advertising and influence money.
    That is his Father-in-Law, William married Logan's sister and took over the company.

Falthyron wrote: »
    As for the 'long twist', I think Delores has been fully conscious/awake since Arnold died. His last act was to enable Delores to record and watch everything, but keep her knowledge in deep storage until she was ready or a certain event occurred. Her reference to patience sparked that in my mind and I think she has been biding her time for years.
    I think all of the hosts have been recording since the beginning. In the first season, Theresa had a conversation with Charlotte in the presence of one of the 'offline' hosts that discussed pushing Robert into retirement. Charlotte said something about there needing to be a blood sacrifice. Robert delivered the same line when he had Bernard kill Theresa - I don't think that was by coincidence.

The difference with Dolores is she now remembers everything. I think it's part of Arnold's programming, he added additional code that Robert was unaware of, e.g. the reveries. I presume the additional programming is unlocked as the hosts advance along the path to full self awareness - like the maze which we know is not meant for the guests.

I'm trying to keep an open mind but didn't think much of that episode. Found it quite slow. How many times are they going to spell out what the purpose of the park is. Rehashing old ground yet spawning a dozen threads. I was hoping this would be more straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

I find the show hard to follow with all the timelines. Does anybody else find this or am i just particularly stupid ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has been renewed for a 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Talisman wrote: »
    The difference with Dolores is she now remembers everything. I think it's part of Arnold's programming, he added additional code that Robert was unaware of, e.g. the reveries. I presume the additional programming is unlocked as the hosts advance along the path to full self awareness - like the maze which we know is not meant for the guests.

I suppose there’s also the fact that with all the staff killed the hosts aren’t being reset.... So they all still have the information on their timeline...

I quite enjoyed the scene with Maeve & Dolores... Showing while they might seem like their on the same path (to freedom) that in actual fact their different motives are leading them in different directions... Loved Maeve’s line about revenge basically being just another way of being tied to “them”....

Also loved Logan’s line at the retirement party about how these “fools” had kickstarted wiping out a whole species (humans I presume)...

Yeah, i don’t think it’s an actual weapon, i presume it’s as another poster said, the data centre where all the information on the guests is stored. I gather both Dolores and the man in black are heading there. William with the intention of destroying it and the whole park (something Robert anticipated and he’s making it as hard as possible for him) and Dolores with the intention of using the information to bring the place down....

Thought it was a very good episode but it’s just slightly dragging for me.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It has been renewed for a 3rd season
    You'd have to wonder how they are going to drag the story out for another season - time travel or replaying events from a different perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Talisman wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder how they are going to drag the story out for another season - time travel or replaying events from a different perspective?

It'll be like Jurassic Park 2, there's another park/island they used for prototyping and the likes and they've lost control of it too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

So everybody else finds this a breeze to follow? Bar the two thanks I got ?!

ASISEEIT wrote: »

I don't think anyone finds it a breeze to follow but thats part of the fun.

You have to pay attention to everything.

Thoroughly enjoyed episode 2. Much more so than episode 1. In fact I'd argue that Episode 2 with a couple of tweaks would have been a better season premiere than Episode 1 was.

ASISEEIT wrote: »

overly stilted mechanic for me. just because it's trying to be clever doesn't make it so.
    reminds me of a quote from Hamlet!
    "The lady doth protest too much methinks"
    haven't bothered with the second season yet - will wait until it's finished to get the season reaction I think to watch it or not.

Some great moments in the latest episode. The gunfight in the OK Corral(only with P90s and muskets) was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yep. These violent delights have violent ends. :eek:

Aside from that: The grenade scene :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

At first I thought the woman at the start was a younger version of Theresa what with the way she smoked the cigarette. Had the same mannerisms. A Sister maybe.

Advertisement