Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

At first I thought the woman at the start was a younger version of Theresa what with the way she smoked the cigarette. Had the same mannerisms. A Sister maybe.

I thought the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

7 Nation army at the start was cool. Really looking forward to seeing the other worlds.

7 Nation army at the start was cool.

That was amazing. Ramin Djawadi really should bring out an album of contemporary music done "his" way. His version of Paint It Black from, I think Season 1 Episode 1 is one of my favourite covers of any song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

7 Nation army at the start was cool.

That was amazing. Ramin Djawadi really should bring out an album of contemporary music done "his" way. His version of Paint It Black from, I think Season 1 Episode 1 is one of my favourite covers of any song.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2poAUFGkHetMzM4xzLBVhY?si=J1W-NP4WQ76pRKr0Rmbpig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ooh, I meant to look that up.

Someone has it on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Best episode of the three this season I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

7 Nation army at the start was cool. Really looking forward to seeing the other worlds.

I was afraid at the start they were going to introduce new characters now... glad that it was just to show how the worlds were linked and why the tiger ended up in WW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mloc123 wrote: »
    I was afraid at the start they were going to introduce new characters now... glad that it was just to show how the worlds were linked and why the tiger ended up in WW.

Didn't come 1
    climb out of the water where the tiger was found

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Wasn't really feeling the first two episodes but thought the third was much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Theories posited about the Ghost Nation (spoilers obviously):

https://news.avclub.com/last-nights-westworld-started-to-explain-the-mystery-of-1825832397

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Varik wrote: »
    Didn't come 1
    climb out of the water where the tiger was found

I think she probably met her end soon after...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think she probably met her end soon after...

We're surely gonna see more of her. The Ghost nation also captured the head Security guy in the last season and he showed up in the first five minutes of the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

We're surely gonna see more of her. The Ghost nation also captured the head Security guy in the last season and he showed up in the first five minutes of the new season.

I'd agree, why use a known actreess like Katja Herbers just for that short arc.

I'd say she has a role to play yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Riskymove wrote: »
    I'd agree, why use a known actreess like Katja Herbers just for that short arc.

I'd say she has a role to play yet

She's down on IMDb for 3 episodes.

corwill wrote: »
    She's down on IMDb for 3 episodes.

That's probably a slight spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must say it was a delightful introduction to Katja Herbers for me. Absolutely stunning looking in that bedroom scene. Enlightening :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I found the timeline very confusing last episode.

I'm on my phone so hope I can manage to get my question across without spoilers.

What is going on with Bernard and also why is Peter Abernathy so important? I get that Delos wants him, but why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm on my phone so hope I can manage to get my question across without spoilers.

What is going on with Bernard and also why is Peter Abernathy so important? I get that Delos wants him, but why?

they uploaded a file into Peters head and he was supposed to be transported out of the park (remember he kept saying that he had to get the train?). We dont know what the contents of the file but they appear to be the very reason for the parks existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

they uploaded a file into Peters head and he was supposed to be transported out of the park (remember he kept saying that he had to get the train?). We dont know what the contents of the file but they appear to be the very reason for the parks existence.
    I'm guessing it's either loads of dirt on previous guests or possibly the key to creating consciousness

Must say this season so far isn't really doing much for me compared to season 1. It's a tough act to follow though in fairness. Anthony Hopkins is a big loss too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I enjoyed S1 but barring the expansion on the park and some action sequences, I'm not really enjoying it as much. The story has a bang of Lost off it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

That was a confusing episode, hard to keep track of the timelines

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The quality of that episode felt like a top level film!

At the end I was like.. Of Course! Why not!

I'm not sure what that thing that Bernard took was. It didn't look the same as a control unit. It looked the same shape as one of the eyeballs.

Maybe it's a control unit for people for moving them from Brain to host body. Best guess now is that Peter Abernathy has the mind of a person stored as the encrypted file. Could be Delos, William or Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Great episode. That was some fine acting in the scene between Older William and James. Peter Mullan was fantastic in that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Talisman

The intro to Mr. Delos in the pod was a knock off of the opening of the second season of Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Am I right in saying that William was
    shot twice in the bar shootout and suffered no effects
    or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

den87 wrote: »
    or am I wrong?

He definitely got grazed in the neck. Wasn't too sure on the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

den87 wrote: »
    or am I wrong?

At one point it looks like he gets hit in the neck from behind but apart from wincing he seems fine.

Advertisement