Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Taylor365 wrote:
    Really hope the 2nd 'brain ball' is Dr. Ford's.

He is all over westworld anyway within host network..does not need a body..also saves cost to the makers 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Taylor365 wrote:
    Really hope the 2nd 'brain ball' is Dr. Ford's.

He is all over westworld anyway within host network..does not need a body..also saves cost to the makers 😎

Hard to beat Hopkins presence though, there's not too many actors who can touch him when it comes to dialogue and holding your attention

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is Hopkins finished on this or was he signed up for a few seasons ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

yabadabado wrote: »
    Is Hopkins finished on this or was he signed up for a few seasons ?

Just one season. They could sign him up again for further seasons, but I think it's unlikely. He's far more interesting as a God-like presence.

He can still make guest appearances. He's already made a few voice cameos this season and will almost certainly pop up in the flesh in a flashback at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well. That was that!

Wasn't expecting the move of Teddy to be so quick.

Also, got the feeling we might be heading to an impass of Delores Vs Millay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The piano makes a slight return, the Shinto Paint it Black was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have no interest in the Delores/Teddy storyline at all anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah find it the dullest part of the season. Speaking of which, half way through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was never invested in Teddy as a character, so yeah that aspect of this week's episode I wasn't as hooked on - although it is the first episode this season where I've actually enjoyed Dolores as a character.

The Maeve side of things this week though, was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

While I'm very much enjoying season 2, boy does the whole "Delores" thread weaken everything.

She was such a great character, now.... meh.
    She thinks she's 'free', but seems to be just this 'Wyeth' nut job, on her own quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Found that to be a weak enough episode, enjoyed some parts of Maeve's story but as usual it just gave me so many more questions than answers.

The trailer for next week's episode at the end of tonight's one looked very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The music so far in this show is fantastic. I'm really starting to prefer
    Shogun World

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

First time I can say I was bored. I was meant to care about the Samurai characters but didn't in the slightest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

First time I can say I was bored. I was meant to care about the Samurai characters but didn't in the slightest.
    So it wasn't just us! I couldn't have cared less about who was being abducted. If I'm meant to then you're surely giving me a reason?
    Obviously, we were paralleling with Maeve's story but that doesn't mean it needs that much screen time devoted to it.
    Maeve with a samurai sword is pretty damn cool, and I do like the idea of her using admin privileges on the other hosts.

At least Delores and Teddy's story line got interesting at the end as it was largely a snore fest this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

That was boring.
    2nd season has been a big let down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

People really just don't appreciate the production and finer details that goes into this show. Sigh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I'm enjoying season 2 way more than season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Didn't enjoy it quite as much as episode 4, but I was expecting that in fairness.

I think we seen a bit too much of Shogun World, as another poster mentioned we didn't know the mirror characters well enough to really care but yet we got 30+ minutes of them. The (re)Paint it Black scene was very well done I thought, but I could have done without learning so much about the Maeve mirror character. Maybe it is more significant than it seems but I doubt it.

Delores story is the least interesting for me.

Loved the music too, didn't realise until I looked up the episode after but the song playing over Akane's dance was C.R.E.A.M by Wu Tang!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Another great episode. Westworlds biggest issue is it sets such high expectations for itself that after last weeks masterpiece episode, this episode was never going to top it. The Paint it Black scene was just genius.

Another great episode. Westworlds biggest issue is it sets such high expectations for itself that after last weeks masterpiece episode, this episode was never going to top it. The Paint it Black scene was just genius.

Must not bite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I enjoyed that episode a lot too. Not as good as last week's episode, but they're really moving forward with Maeve and Dolores' stories now. Interesting developments for both.

I think a bit of a mid-season dip is to be expected regardless. It has to start moving things towards the season endgame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not bad, but wasn't totally gone on it, especially after the knock-out previous episode. I'm enjoying the second season so far, but I have to say it very much overall has a artificially inflated feel to it that the first season didn't.

I thought it was a great episode. Love the parallels between Westworld and Samauri World, emphasising again the artificial nature of the hosts' lives - so artificial that storylines from one park are rehashed in another with different characters.

I'm assuming Maeve's new found abilities are linked to the hosts mesh network, which is what allows them to share information. Though to everyone else, it looks like telepathy/witchcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I thought it was a great episode. Love the parallels between Westworld and Samauri World, emphasising again the artificial nature of the hosts' lives - so artificial that storylines from one park are rehashed in another with different characters.

And here I thought it was because the whiney brit was lazy and had to churn out '300 narratives in 3 weeks' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think Teddy was her anchor to the Delores persona she is now free to go full Wyatt mode. Teddy is too humane Delores is being held back by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I think Teddy was her anchor to the Delores persona she is now free to go full Wyatt mode. Teddy is too humane Delores is being held back by him.

I'd say she's just pissed off waiting for him to turn so she gave him a helping hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ol' James Marsden is the American Sean Bean isn't he?

One does not simply become Sean Bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Weakest episode of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Another thing that's annoying me is Maeve's quest to find her daughter. She knows she doesn't actually have a daughter and any maternal instinct she has is programmed, but she's still determined to do it. Is she just trying to prove she can break from Ford's plan to "infiltrate the mainland", but by doing this she's complying with earlier programming?

Advertisement