Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I felt the really terrible attempt at escape had to be a ruse. If she knew where the orb was she might have known how to transfer its data to another orb or location. The robot was just very elaborate smoke and mirrors?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The host bodies can be replicated I'm guessing their AI programming can be too I'm wondering can a duplicate AI exist on a separate plane independently but synchable to a master file.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.3: Well. That''s
    Caleb recruited. Some hazy detail on the overall story but it feels like they are creating painting a .. painting working their way from the outside to the inside. Not sure who's in Hale. Hardly Teddy .. but I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Two episodes behind, back at the pilot and it felt like a new show. Still lots to go, but the labyrinthine and withholding plotting seems to have been dropped for a more coherent, if still mysterious structure. It also benefited in having a relatively normal human character. The absence of anyone vaguely relatable, charismatic or emotionally vulnerable always held the show back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The preview for 3.4:
    Yeah MIB but... I'm Pretty Sure that was a Nuke mushroom cloud in that city!
    :eek:
    That young Caleb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I thought 3.3 was a great episode. Much better than last week. I am really enjoying the season. Loving the set prices and dialogue. Once again the music fits very well.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

This season is a step back to form, the music is just excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My money for who's in Hale-host
    Ford - can't see how anyone else could have known it was Bernard's pearl just by looking at it, knowing it was partially red, which I think we've only seen Ford's pearl being partially red.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Penn wrote: »
    My money for who's in Hale-host
    Ford - can't see how anyone else could have known it was Bernard's pearl just by looking at it, knowing it was partially red, which I think we've only seen Ford's pearl being partially red.

Can’t see it. Why would they be so deferential to Dolores to the point of being little spoon? Seems erratically out of character and, while I get the theory behind it, that seems more of a (pun not intended) red herring.

They really want us to think it’s Teddy so I think that’s another tease.

Maybe it could be William having succumbed to Dolores as his master? It’s the only thing tracking with me as it needs to be someone important enough to justify leaving us hanging, and he’s really the only other one we haven’t seen with any real currency to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Any idea how to read spoilers on an iPad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

sioda wrote: »
    This season is a step back to form, the music is just excellent.

Agree loving the soundtrack.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Any idea how to read spoilers on an iPad?

I'd say if you quote the post you'd be able to read it in the reply box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I'd say if you quote the post you'd be able to read it in the reply box

Spot on, thanks

leggo wrote: »
    Can’t see it. Why would they be so deferential to Dolores to the point of being little spoon? Seems erratically out of character and, while I get the theory behind it, that seems more of a (pun not intended) red herring.

They really want us to think it’s Teddy so I think that’s another tease.

Maybe it could be William having succumbed to Dolores as his master? It’s the only thing tracking with me as it needs to be someone important enough to justify leaving us hanging, and he’s really the only other one we haven’t seen with any real currency to justify it.
    Ford could be doing whatever Dolores is asking because that was ultimately his goal anyway; for the hosts to win. For Dolores to win. He might see it as making up for his role in what all the guests did to her over the years, though not by choice and outside his original plan. As for being the little spoon, Hale said how they felt the real Hale was coming out in her. We don't know how long they've been acting as Hale for. It could be part of Hale's story for the season, actually being Ford and experiencing what the hosts truly go through, while also in essence becoming like the real Hale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really enjoyed that episode, the hour flew by and I felt there was so much character development, plot development and world building going on.

I think they've really worked on the story telling and I much prefer the approach of concentrating on one character for an episode.

On who is pretending to be Charlotte:
    I think it's Clementine, a sensitive character who was treated badly by the world she was in.

I don't think its Teddy or Ford, as 1) they are probably not coming back to the show and b) had such definitive deaths.

Part of me thinks the MIB is one of the other hosts taken out of the park. We also don't know who is the person playing the security guy either.

Great theory on Reddit that
    we are watching two worlds - a simulation and then a real one, which is why we saw the video of Charlotte talking to her son twice, and saw a stronger reaction the second time.

P.S if you tap the spoilers on a mobile device it should reveal them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Steve think you could be right was my thought as well

steve_r wrote: »
    On who is pretending to be Charlotte:
    I think it's Clementine, a sensitive character who was treated badly by the world she was in.

I don't think its Teddy or Ford, as 1) they are probably not coming back to the show and b) had such definitive deaths.
    Clementine could be a good shout alright, but it's the kind of thing that I don't know if they'd go to such lengths to try and hide that. I mean they really ham-fisted the dialogue to try keep it a secret ("Who am I?"... "I need you to remember who you are"... "I remember now"...). The only reason they might try hide it's Clem is if Dolores ends up using that surprising reveal against Maeve. Other than that, they could have just said it was Clem because she was never that major a character anyway. I also don't see how Clem would have known it was Bernard's pearl just by looking at it.

The bit about looking at the pearl and knowing it was Bernard
    that does challenge the idea that its clemintine - the other person we haven't mentioned is Peter Abernathy. He had all of the parks data in his head for a while so it would make sense for him to be able to recognize the pearl.

however I think given that the big story is Charlotte as a mother - unlikely to be a male inside there. Maybe Peter Abernathy is the security guard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Could it be Arnold?
    Dolores did say she trusted them the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I can't remember. Who is Charlotte? I mean who is the host that's pretending to be, I THOUGHT it was a copy of Dolores. Thought Bernard said "Delores?" when Charlotte appeared at the end of last season. But
    She does seem to have many of the mannerisms of Clementine.

• Advertisement

I can't remember. Who is Charlotte? I mean who is the host that's pretending to be, I THOUGHT it was a copy of Dolores. Thought Bernard said "Delores?" when Charlotte appeared at the end of last season. But
    She does seem to have many of the mannerisms of Clementine.

Dolores escaped from Westworld last season in Charlotte's host, then created a new Dolores body, transferred to that and put someone else in Hale's host. So we don't know for sure who's in Hale. I did see a theory
    that Dolores is actually Wyatt and Hale is the real Dolores, having found a way to separate the two identities. That could make a lot of sense, especially with just how affectionate Dolores was with Hale, and the yin-yang symbolism of their scene (Dolores was white wearing black, Hale is black and wearing white). Could be some issues with it, but could be a front-runner in terms of theories. Would be an interesting twist anyway if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah, I missed that. (I must rewatch last few episodes of last season. Haven't since it broadcast).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Is this new season of WW worth it? I felt burned by Season 2 and wary of another colossal waste of time.

Dolores escaped from Westworld last season in Charlotte's host, then created a new Dolores body, transferred to that and put someone else in Hale's host. So we don't know for sure who's in Hale. I did see a theory
    that Dolores is actually Wyatt and Hale is the real Dolores, having found a way to separate the two identities. That could make a lot of sense, especially with just how affectionate Dolores was with Hale, and the yin-yang symbolism of their scene (Dolores was white wearing black, Hale is black and wearing white). Could be some issues with it, but could be a front-runner in terms of theories. Would be an interesting twist anyway if done right.

I like that theory - another way of looking at it
    maybe that its pre-awareness Dolores i.e. the innocent version that the informed Dolores wants to save?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Great episode,
    I’ve always liked Tessa Thompson as an actress but her range in this episode was terrific, but also so subtle. She can effortlessly flick between scared, dangerous, innocent, devious, and also switch from being passionate about something to coldly robotic so easily.

The scenes with Dolores and Caleb were also far more interesting than I expected, and a lot of that is down to their performances. Interesting how Caleb laments the artificial nature of his world and searches for something ‘real’, but seems to be finding that in a synthetic being. There’s a slight parallel here with MIB also as he also lamented the real world and also the artificial restrictions in place in the park, seemingly searching for something more real than what was in his life. However Caleb seems to have a goodness that MIB lacked. Will be curious to see if Dolores’ previous interactions with MIB colour her behaviour with Caleb.

Ardent wrote: »
    Is this new season of WW worth it? I felt burned by Season 2 and wary of another colossal waste of time.

So far I'm enjoying it, but too early to say yet. Only an 8 episode season so halfway point next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Am I the only one that is finding it hard to make out what is being said over the background music?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is finding it hard to make out what is being said over the background music?

No, I've found the same since the first episode. Everyone (especially Dolores, Hale and Bernard) is talking in that kind of husky-whisper type of talking, and the music has some heavy enough beats in it that make it hard to make the dialogue out sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Dav010 wrote: »

Was a little low at times but I changed the sound settings on my TV and it helped a bit. Just made Corrie a bit deafening when my wife stuck it on after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

No, I've found the same since the first episode. Everyone (especially Dolores, Hale and Bernard) is talking in that kind of husky-whisper type of talking, and the music has some heavy enough beats in it that make it hard to make the dialogue out sometimes.

Ya, it’s the main character, Delores that I find hardest to hear. I’ve got a pretty high spec sound system, even with adjusting settings, it’s not clear.

Advertisement