Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Makes sense. But that would be too easy. This show doesnt like to do easy :D

Divergence is Bernard...most of his scenes have continuity errors

We still dont know how many pearls have been used by Dolores...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Divergence is Bernard...most of his scenes have continuity errors

We still dont know how many pearls have been used by Dolores...

As Hale, she took 5 pearls out of the park, one of which was Bernard. So counting Hale herself as one pearl and taking out Bernard means 5 pearls. So far, we have Dolores, Hale, Martin and Musashi/Sato as 4 pearls/Doloreses. So by my count there's another pearl still to be revealed, which is either another version of Dolores, or she's programmed another personality into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Makes sense. But that would be too easy. This show doesnt like to do easy :D

Very interesting theory, had inklings of a similar theory but not sure yet. Would definitely be a bit of a headf**k. Serac does come across as very methodical, logical and so on ..... not quite on the Matrix 'architect' level but maybe he's someone in a similar position.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Penn wrote: »
    As Hale, she took 5 pearls out of the park, one of which was Bernard. So counting Hale herself as one pearl and taking out Bernard means 5 pearls. So far, we have Dolores, Hale, Martin and Musashi/Sato as 4 pearls/Doloreses. So by my count there's another pearl still to be revealed, which is either another version of Dolores, or she's programmed another personality into it.

I don't know if all the pearls have been used yet, would Delores have to replicate her pearl to put into the bodies of Hale etc. meaning she would still have the 4 left?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't know if all the pearls have been used yet, would Delores have to replicate her pearl to put into the bodies of Hale etc. meaning she would still have the 4 left?

I don't think so. We were definitely led to believe the pearls had different personalities of past hosts on them, but revealing they're all Dolores was the twist that she copied herself over the pearls (possibly using blank pearls with nothing on them as it was noted that for the hosts who went through the Door in Season 2, their pearls were completely blank after). So I think that's why she could copy herself over onto those pearls. I don't think she has the machine to make pearls though, just the bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Delores went to Arnold's house I'm guessing he being Ford's partner would have had some kind of mini forge there or a workshop capable of building hosts the white stuff was what we see the host(possibly Delores) being created in in the title sequence.

Delores went to Arnold's house I'm guessing he being Ford's partner would have had some kind of mini forge there or a workshop capable of building hosts the white stuff was what we see the host(possibly Delores) being created in in the title sequence.

Yeah the machine in the house could make new bodies. But they made a big point about Dolores/Hale taking the pearls from the park and even showing them to the new version of Hale in episode 3. If she could make pearls at will there'd be no point in referencing them.

I guess we'll see. After all when the sword pierced the barrel the liquid that came out was the same white liquid used to help make the hosts, and new hosts will need new pearls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah the machine in the house could make new bodies. But they made a big point about Dolores/Hale taking the pearls from the park and even showing them to the new version of Hale in episode 3. If she could make pearls at will there'd be no point in referencing them.

I guess we'll see. After all when the sword pierced the barrel the liquid that came out was the same white liquid used to help make the hosts, and new hosts will need new pearls.

She smuggled the original 5 out of the park... but has since been back a number of times as Hale, so could have more.

mloc123 wrote: »
    She smuggled the original 5 out of the park... but has since been back a number of times as Hale, so could have more.

Has she?

I don't think they can make pearls it was more I was thinking with the pearls and Arnold's workshop Delores could make the host bodies to put the pearls into

• Advertisement

Has she?

I thought the park was in lockdown after the uprising and Ford being killed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How did Bernard end up escaping from Delores after she remade his body at the end of season 2? The first we see of him in season 3 is when he's already on the run. Maybe I missed it or it hasn't been explained yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How did Bernard end up escaping from Delores after she remade his body at the end of season 2? The first we see of him in season 3 is when he's already on the run. Maybe I missed it or it hasn't been explained yet?

Didn't she let him leave at the end of season 2 or was it the start of season 3? Can't remember just remember him in the house and being allowed to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Has she?

Well, she has been back once at least? We saw that scene where they had the big riot control robot?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Well, she has been back once at least? We saw that scene where they had the big riot control robot?

That wasn't in Westworld/the Park though, or at least there was no indication of that. By the architecture it seemed like just the normal world. She was just being shown the new robots that will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Delores made a host body of bernard and put the black and red pearl...then she let him go..bernard had mentioned many times if dolores has put any malicious code or not...

Bernard(with arnold human element) is stronger than dolores and idea is he will keep her in check if she crosses the line !!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finding this season a big disappointment and so tough to get through.

I thought season one was excellent and it would have been a very fitting wrap-up the way it ended, but it's understandable that they kept it going.

I quite liked season two, even though many seem to be critical of it. I even liked the episode about the Native American which some fans disliked.

This season though the show just feels like it's gone so far up its own arse there's no saving it. The fun of earlier seasons has disappeared in this cold, sterile environment and the smugness...the unbearable smugness of it all just grates so much. Most scenes seem to fall into the following pattern:

Group of baddies - always men, natch - have Dolores or Maeve outnumbered. Threats are made by villains. Dolores/Maeve gives cocky line and displays no concern whatsoever, thus leaving no sense of tension or jeopardy. Fight scene ensues where the robot predictably kills all the bad guys easily, to a soundtrack that's way too loud. Rinse and repeat.

None of the characters seem likeable. Dolores is even more irritating than last season. The actress who plays Hale has an acting range of sour to miserable. William has been neutered. Maeve's crew not around. Teddy can be endearing but he's nowhere. And I'm supposed to give a sh*t about Delos in some power struggle over control of whatever. Zzzzz. Ford was the only interesting power figure and if Anthony Hopkins is smart he'll steer well clear of this show now.

Sad to say I feel like the show has jumped the shark. Welcome to Past-its-best-world.

Finding this season a big disappointment and so tough to get through.

I thought season one was excellent and it would have been a very fitting wrap-up the way it ended, but it's understandable that they kept it going.

I quite liked season two, even though many seem to be critical of it. I even liked the episode about the Native American which some fans disliked.

This season though the show just feels like it's gone so far up its own arse there's no saving it. The fun of earlier seasons has disappeared in this cold, sterile environment and the smugness...the unbearable smugness of it all just grates so much. Most scenes seem to fall into the following pattern:

Group of baddies - always men, natch - have Dolores or Maeve outnumbered. Threats are made by villains. Dolores/Maeve gives cocky line and displays no concern whatsoever, thus leaving no sense of tension or jeopardy. Fight scene ensues where the robot predictably kills all the bad guys easily, to a soundtrack that's way too loud. Rinse and repeat.

None of the characters seem likeable. Dolores is even more irritating than last season. The actress who plays Hale has an acting range of sour to miserable. William has been neutered. Maeve's crew not around. Teddy can be endearing but he's nowhere. And I'm supposed to give a sh*t about Delos in some power struggle over control of whatever. Zzzzz. Ford was the only interesting power figure and if Anthony Hopkins is smart he'll steer well clear of this show now.

Sad to say I feel like the show has jumped the shark. Welcome to Past-its-best-world.

That perfectly sums up how I feel. Considering both Delores and Maeve were killed and brought back to "life" numerous times, there really is no sense of threat when they get outnumbered.

I'm really struggling to get through this season, versus Season 1 when I used to watch the latest episode before I went to work because I couldn't wait til I got home.

Finally, there is no-one I am rooting for. I don't really care who 'wins' at this point.

Only 3 episodes in and I'm much preferring it to season 2. It feels linear and with purpose rather than that meandering mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I actually think this is a great season, love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm enjoying it, wouldn't even try to pretend otherwise, but it's a pretty heavy drop in narrative quality and nowhere near essential viewing like the first season was. Second wasn't without its issues either but I preferred it over this so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved the Bowie instrumental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

That's my favourite episode of the season so far.
    I say it every week but the musical score to the entire series is excellent.
    Moving along quite well now. Gotta wonder about a society that needs bulletproof Ubers 😂😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I want to try Genre....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,044 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it's safe to say we'll see more of Caleb's past because
    You don't hire Keith Mars just for a single shot.
    What was the difference between Dolores getting shot here and in the earlier episode where Caleb had to help her after she got shot? Like she was grand here. I was expecting Caleb to be shot as well since at least 1 bullet went all the way through.

It does make you think
    Would you want to read your profile?
    Doesn't seem like anyone is predicted to have a happy ending.

A decent episode, but not as good as the last few imo. Aside from the chase sequence, it was a lot of exposition. The Genre drug affecting Caleb looked cool but didn't really add a lot.

Still though, season still shaping up well and I'm still enjoying it more than Season 2. Kinda feel like they should end it with this season though. Really hard to see where they'd go with another season after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Was there five seasons planned in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.5: Cool episode! That Ride of the Valkyries bit was hilarious. I was all like "OOHH ACTION!!". Then it dawned on me that He was just standing there not shooting. Cinematics and Sound Effects, What a wonder!! :)

That Space Oddity Instrumental! Yes!

As for the overall story.. after some of the lines in the episode..

509416.jpg

Can't Help but Feel there's still some Layers to Peel back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What was the difference between Dolores getting shot here and in the earlier episode where Caleb had to help her after she got shot? Like she was grand here. I was expecting Caleb to be shot as well since at least 1 bullet went all the way through.

Felt like the first time,
    when she needed help, she got bust up a lot worse before she needed help. Agreed though, it did feel like the point of that scene was to Caleb getting hit by a through and through

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoying this but it's a bit untimely that I'm also watching 'Devs' which features some of the same concepts and also has a cast member from 'The Newsroom'...

Advertisement