Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd be surprised if they killed Doleros off.

Thought it might run for a few more seasons but it's loooking like the next one might be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mattdhg

I'd be surprised if they killed Doleros off.

Thought it might run for a few more seasons but it's loooking like the next one might be the last.

I reckon they will kill her off, just for the shock value. Still, any of the fake Dolores's could bring her back by recreating her pearl, or even Bernard, as he/Arnold was her original creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus ****ing Christ that ending made me cry

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Enjoyed that episode a lot. Story moving up another gear, Maeve and Haleores will be now on the warpath, and the meeting of the Williams was great. At least with Bernard and Ashley he's going to become part of the main storyline again.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

That episode redeemed the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The people reacting to their profiles makes me think of the Lovefinderrz dating app from Rick & Morty.

Was the Dolores Maeve was talking to in another host before? Maybe I missed who.

Jesus ****ing Christ that ending made me cry

I'm clearly a heartless individual, because I'm pretty convinced anything could happen to any of the characters at this stage, and I wouldn't care.

The episode built well towards the upcoming battle, but there's so many illogical things going on now that I just have to try to sit back and enjoy the ride for what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I still get through each episode without wanting to switch it off. It's still hard to get rid of the nagging feeling that I'm generally let down by the whole thing.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was the Dolores Maeve was talking to in another host before? Maybe I missed who.

Connell, the security guy who was with Bernard in the last episode and blew up the office in Rehobohom (or however it's spelt). That's why the control unit thing was all charred. Hale told Dolores on the phone the phone that they recovered Connell's unit or something to that effect.

Real Hale would have defiantly challenged any internal search for a host Serac doesn't know she left a message for her boy from inside the park neither as he said the real Charlotte wouldn't have given two ****s about her son.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i dunno, i had to take take a break when the red shirts, with the aim of storm troopers went up against terminator. such lazy writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.6: Wow! It is SO FREAKIN _ON_
    Damn, I'd only just remembered to..
    Googled Michael Ealy, I know he played an Android before but couldn't remember the show.
    It was Almost Human alongside Karl Urban:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_Human_(TV_series)

MIB and Bernard still puzzling me. Is Maeve gonna do all the heavy lifting and then one of these comes in and makes the final blow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So I’m guessing the other host Serac brought back is going to be a copy of Teddy or Delores Father.

Hale sent the files to someone I think Delores is playing everyside she has multiple agendas Bernard is fulfilling one of them to ensure the survival of the hosts data that's why he is with William.

In the long game Delores programmed Bernard to be at odds with what she is trying to do wipe out the park system as it is now where the hosts are toys for people by saving the data in a backup she can create a virtual paradise for the hosts by the hosts.

The eclipse unraveling is the system falling apart an eclipse beginning would be the convergence of the sun and moon and the earth divergence would be the eclipse ending and things passing back apart.

Real Hale would have defiantly challenged any internal search for a host Serac doesn't know she left a message for her boy from inside the park neither as he said the real Charlotte wouldn't have given two ****s about her son.

I think that was some sort of covert message to her son, or maybe her ex.

The distorted music files on her phone when played all at once was You are my sunshine... etc, which was the password needed to contact Serac.

Hale sent the files to someone I think Delores is playing everyside she has multiple agendas Bernard is fulfilling one of them to ensure the survival of the hosts data that's why he is with William.

In the long game Delores programmed Bernard to be at odds with what she is trying to do wipe out the park system as it is now where the hosts are toys for people by saving the data in a backup she can create a virtual paradise for the hosts by the hosts.

The eclipse unraveling is the system falling apart an eclipse beginning would be the convergence of the sun and moon and the earth divergence would be the eclipse ending and things passing back apart.

I think Bernard is of way more importance than it currently seems. It makes sense that he's not on her side so he wouldn't be wiped out with her. He/Arnold originally created Dolores and spent years perfecting her. If Dolores (all of them) are wiped out, Bernard's eyes would be opened to what she was saying, and how cruel and unforgiving the world is. He might be so moved that he would recreate her again...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

And possibly total of 6 seasons!

They should have stopped this after season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was a really great episode even with my previous comments that it is a completely new show from Season 1

glad theres a 4th season but some buzz kill if it'll be another 2 years away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Mattdhg wrote: »
    glad theres a 4th season but some buzz kill if it'll be another 2 years away

I was thinking the same, but then wasn't there a crazy long gap between seasons 1 and 2 as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was thinking the same, but then wasn't there a crazy long gap between seasons 1 and 2 as well?

Yes, the first season aired 2016, the second in 2018. So seems like there's 2 years between seasons anyway - perhaps Covid means it'll be more like 3 years this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

silverharp wrote: »
    season 2 was such a chore im going to give it a miss until its over and see what the general consensus is. ratings seems to be down

I shared that same sentiment until I watched it again and IMO from episode 7 onwards, it was actually decent enough.

Im halfway through S3 and I am delighted so far. I love the score. Reminds me of Daft Punks Tron: legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A lot happened and pretty violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've lost interest....

I think this season is going to hinge on the final episode. If everything can come together well, it'll have been a decent season, better than Season 2. But it could go either way. As much as I enjoyed most of the episodes, it's just a very different show now, and I don't know if it can ever get back to where it had been.

Yeah, a lot will hinge on the final episode, but I really feel like they're going for style over substance with a lot of what's been happening.

Unfortunately I don't care about Caleb's back story and what happened with Francis, because I don't have any kind of attachment to either of them. I know it's all there to serve a purpose, but yeah, I'm not buying it. The same can be said about other things they throw in, like interactions between two bit-part characters from previous seasons who mean very little to me.

Whether they can tie up loose ends in any meaningful manner next week is one thing. Having an ending that makes me look forward to coming back for another season of whatever this has become is another.

I liked the episode, but it doesnt feel like a penultimate episode. Next week would want to have a fairly big pay off. I dont really get why
    Charlores sold out Asian Dolores like that, unless she has swapped to Maeves side.I also think Maeve's motivations are fairly weak, she gives out about being unable to trust Dolores but she hardly believes Serac will be true to his word?

Mattdhg wrote: »
    I liked the episode, but it doesnt feel like a penultimate episode. Next week would want to have a fairly big pay off. I dont really get why
    Charlores sold out Asian Dolores like that, unless she has swapped to Maeves side.I also think Maeve's motivations are fairly weak, she gives out about being unable to trust Dolores but she hardly believes Serac will be true to his word?

Yeah I'm kinda conflicted as to why Charlores would side with Maeve, considering it was Serac's men who killed her not-son and not-boyfriend. I get that she might be p*ssed at the real Dolores who seems to consider the fake Doloreses to be expendable, so maybe she's actually playing both sides against each other. But it just seemed like a really strange turn that probably wasn't even necessary in this episode. You could still have had Clementine attack Sato without Charlores' phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This one kinda lost me. I’m fine with Aaron Paul being in this but I don’t buy into his character enough to be anything more than a henchman for Dolores. I don’t think Dolores or Maeve are going anywhere, but positioning him as the potential new lead just makes me disconnect, if that’s indeed where they go with it. The episode itself was entertaining enough, if there were 2-3 more episodes I’d be happy with it. I just don’t feel how you’re supposed to feel after a penultimate HBO show episode, they haven’t sold me fully on the stakes for the finale where I hoped/assumed they would, and I’m just kinda flat on it overall.

Even Bernard, Stubbs and William’s side quest: I’m really into that idea on paper but it’s playing out rushed and kinda random. A lot of dialogue for the sake of exposition and trash talk at the expense of creating real stakes or motivations. Does anyone on the planet think Bernard or Stubbs are in danger? They opened this episode making the point, again, that gunfire doesn’t do much to hosts! So why close it thinking I’ll care if two hosts have a gun pointed at them?!?

The only saving grace is that Westworld has a habit of pulling it together for finales when needed, so I’ll go into it cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement