Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firing but nothing comes out

• 01-09-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi all
    i have an m4 that is not expelling the bb. the mag is full and wound on.battery is charged,theres no blockage in barrel or hop up.the gun is dry firing perfectly.i took mag out turn gun upside down fired it and bb flew out.????? why isnt bb exiting the barrel....its got my head done in

hope someone can help :(

thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Try different mags, your hop up isn't engaging with the mag properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭hothead

Lil Armour wrote: »
    Try different mags, your hop up isn't engaging with the mag properly
    ye i've tried six different mags and nothing?? oh hold on the 2 wires running from my gear box can be seen in the mag well.could that be anything to do with it??? but the mags are going in and locking?...

thanks for your help its much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Turn it upsidedown and look in the magwell while firing you should see the Air-nozzle moving back and forth
    If it is not moving then you have either a broken Tappet plate or broken Tappet plate return spring
    If it is moving is related to the hop-up unit or hop rubber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

Turn the gun upside down with no mag in the magwel and check doe's the air nozzle moves when fires the gun. if not, the tappet plate or tappet plate spring is broken.

DeBurca was faster

DeBurca wrote: »
    Turn it upsidedown and look in the magwell while firing you should see the Air-nozzle moving back and forth
    If it is not moving then you have either a broken Tappet plate or broken Tappet plate return spring
    If it is moving is related to the hop-up unit or hop rubber
    ye i left a bb in it took mag out turned the gun upside down fired and the bb shot out of the magwell..

thans de burca

• Advertisement

hothead wrote: »
    ye i left a bb in it took mag out turned the gun upside down fired and the bb shot out of the magwell..

thans de burca

ps

cant see nozzle though ??

ps

cant see nozzle though ??

The tappet plate is in the back position so it seems as if the Tappet plate return spring is broken

The tappet plate is in the back position so it seems as if the Tappet plate return spring is broken
    ok thanks ill take a look..got a funny feeling i didnt put spring back when i was cleaning out gearbox..what if spring is in and not broken or tappet plate isnt broken ??? where do i go from there?

i really appreciate your help deburca

thank you very much

If the spring was connected to the Tappet plate and the Tappet plate broke it should still pull front half of the Tappet plate and the Air-nozzle forward and you would see it

If the spring was connected to the Tappet plate and the Tappet plate broke it should still pull front half of the Tappet plate and the Air-nozzle forward and you would see it
    i have top reciever off now exposind top of gearbox im firing it but nozzle isnt moving at all just air coming out of it

• Advertisement

i have top reciever off now exposind top of gearbox im firing it but nozzle isnt moving at all just air coming out of it

Can you see the Air-nozzle ?????????????

Can you see the Air-nozzle ?????????????
    yes just about

yes just about

If the spring was working it would pull the Tappet plate forward and you would see the Air-nozzle

So my diagnosis is that the Tappet plate return spring is broken, a common occurrence

ok i'll open her up and take a look thank you so much ;)
    sorry if i annoyed you

ok i'll open her up and take a look thank you so much ;)
    sorry if i annoyed you

You’re very welcome, it’s always nice when someone takes the time to thank you for any advice/help

Funny you would be surprised at the number of times that people do not even bother to use the thanks button post_thanks.gif

ohh is that what thats for lol didnt know im really still trying to find my way around this..no your help was much appreciated and it dosnt cost anything to say thank you :)

Advertisement