Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners German

Options
  • 01-09-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone else taking beginners German as a subject in an arts degree I was wondering is there progression in it if I so choose info just seems sketchy enough thats the main reason I ask

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

What do you mean by progression exactly?

What happens with beginners German is you're put in a class with other beginners. Then you're taught the language much more intensively than you would be used to from school (but I've heard it's done very well with German), then in second year you're put into an "ex-beginners" class which is also intensive, before finally joining the post LC students in the second semester of second year until you graduate. The teacher runs workshops and stuff to help students catch up, anyone I know who did it has really liked it.

Advertisement