Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration medial while in Canada

Options
  • 01-09-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all hoping someone can help, while applying for my visa I chose not to have the medical done that is needed for certain jobs! However now that I am in Canada I was hoping to work with children, in which case I need the medical! Does anyone know is it possible to get this done over here! Really hope someone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Thanks for the reply im aware the medical was supposed to be done before I came out but the woman at emigration said if I wanted to work with kids to get a medicsl done, silly me shud have asked her then but i didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

Can't you just print out the (IMM 1017E) form, book an appointment and take the medical?

Contact the visa office appropriate to your situation and ask.

I'm interested in this too. Originally I opted out of medical, didn't see any situation I'd need it for, now it's possible I could be qualified to go into mbulance work by the time I go over.

there was a post on the irish in Calgary facebook page, it seems u can do it but the medical costs between 250 - 300 and u have to renew your work permit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

ladybird23 wrote: »
    there was a post on the irish in Calgary facebook page, it seems u can do it but the medical costs between 250 - 300 and u have to renew your work permit!

I did the medical here. Cost me $400, then $150 for a new permit. Did the medical in August and had to complete an application online to change my conditions.
    Still waiting on Immigration to process the application.

How do you go about changing your conditions? havnt a clue what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

ladybird23 wrote: »
    How do you go about changing your conditions? havnt a clue what to do

sent you a pm there!

Advertisement