Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah feck off will ya, I was going to do this! :mad: :p

Oh and I was going to put it up at midnight cos that's when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Please let us buy a centre mid. I'll take anyone at all at this stage. Hell, can anyone here play centre mid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My favourite day of the football calendar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas confirms Gareth Bale is joining Real Madrid

sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Villa

Really need attacking creative midfielder

Would love Kiyotake, wouldn't mind Tom Ince

Will get noone or a 17 year old from Crewe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland:

With the arrival of Ki on loan from Swansea, it looks like Borini will be joining on loan from Liverpool (good addition if it happens IMO). We badly need a left back too. I would also like to see us sign another central midfield player.

Going out, I think Sessegnon will eventually be off but as the transfer window in Qatar doesn't close at the same time as our one, he could well still be here at the end of the window given the main interest in him is coming from over there. If an offer came in for players like Vaughan, Gardner, Bardsley or Cattermole I think we'd snap hands off to get them out but I don't think we'd be that lucky (with the exception of Cattermole who I would keep).

So, to sum up:

In:

Left Back - we're down to about our 22nd target for this position now so I'd take just about anyone. Dossena is the latest to be linked

Striker/Forward - Presuming Sessegnon will be leaving at some stage in the very near future, we need someone else in. It looks like Borini given so many strong links today

Central Midfield - It's unlikely, but I'm sure Di Canio would love to get someone else in in this position.

Out:

Sessegnon will go at some stage

Bardsley/Vaughan/Cattermole/Gardner would all be sold if an offer comes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Man Utd

In
    Ikea
    Adobe
    Apple
    Some Chinese Tyre company

Out
    David Moyes' eyes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who was it who used to post on the hour, every hour for DDay?

Corholio wrote: »
    Villa

Really need attacking creative midfielder

Would love Kiyotake, wouldn't mind Tom Ince

Will get noone or a 17 year old from Crewe.

Libor Kozak is joining Villa from Lazio, according to Sky Sports News just now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor_Koz%C3%A1k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m
    The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Gareth Bale #THFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Please let us buy a centre mid. I'll take anyone at all at this stage. Hell, can anyone here play centre mid?

Maybe Paul Scholes will make another comeback?

jamaamaj wrote: »

Sky sources are indicating a move to Arsenal has been agreed in principal. More to follow after the ad break.

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland:

With the arrival of Ki on loan from Swansea, it looks like Borini will be joining on loan from Liverpool (good addition if it happens IMO). We badly need a left back too. I would also like to see us sign another central midfield player.

Going out, I think Sessegnon will eventually be off but as the transfer window in Qatar doesn't close at the same time as our one, he could well still be here at the end of the window given the main interest in him is coming from over there. If an offer came in for players like Vaughan, Gardner, Bardsley or Cattermole I think we'd snap hands off to get them out but I don't think we'd be that lucky (with the exception of Cattermole who I would keep).

So, to sum up:

In:

Left Back - we're down to about our 22nd target for this position now so I'd take just about anyone. Dossena is the latest to be linked

Striker/Forward - Presuming Sessegnon will be leaving at some stage in the very near future, we need someone else in. It looks like Borini given so many strong links today

Central Midfield - It's unlikely, but I'm sure Di Canio would love to get someone else in in this position.

Out:

Sessegnon will go at some stage

Bardsley/Vaughan/Cattermole/Gardner would all be sold if an offer comes in

Someone has apparently posted a picture on Twitter of Ji in line for a flight to Dussledorf (and he's not flying out to Korea as he wasn't called up for their friendlies) so he could be another one on the way out.

He did well on loan over there by all accounts last season, and he has been treated very poorly by us IMO, so it would probably be a good move for all concerned especially if Borini is coming in.

Of course he might just be going over there to see some friends he made last season, or it might not even be him, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

jamaamaj wrote: »

Not sure why opposing fans keep using this as a way to slag. He was one of the best midfielders in the league for the second half of the season when he came back so it was much justified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Paully D wrote: »
    Someone has apparently posted a picture on Twitter of Ji in line for a flight to Dussledorf (and he's not flying out to Korea as he wasn't called up for their friendlies) so he could be another one on the way out.

He did well on loan over there by all accounts last season, and he has been treated very poorly by us IMO, so it would probably be a good move for all concerned especially if Borini is coming in.

Of course he might just be going over there to see some friends he made last season, or it might not even be him, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to leave.

This is the account with the pics https://twitter.com/CallumRSmith91

Kaka has rejoined AC Milan on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Christian Atsu [Porto - Chelsea] £3.5m (immediately loaned to Vitesse Arnhem for remainder of 2013-14 season)

Jimmy Kebe [Reading - Crystal Palace] Undisclosed

BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Who was it who used to post on the hour, every hour for DDay?

OPENROAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

seems pool have sakho,moses,ilori lined up.. would like a striker aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

More importantly who is Jim Whytes company tomorrow???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Sakho would be a good signing for Liverpool. Still not sure why Chelsea are loaning Moses to them. Good player for potential rivals.

dahat wrote: »

Most likely Natalie Sawyer. I am predicting that she will be wearing a yellow dress.

dahat wrote: »
    Natalie:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Degag wrote: »
    Sakho would be a good signing for Liverpool. Still not sure why Chelsea are loaning Moses to them. Good player for potential rivals.

Won't be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Natalie:cool:

Prefer Hayley myself,still i won't complain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Surely julio cesar will join a new club? Brazils no.1 playing in the championship the year brazil host the world cup is unimaginable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Surely has the potential to be one the best deadline days of recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Libor Kozak apparently off to Villa from Lazio for around £4-4.5m plus add-ons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Ozil to Arsenal? Suarez to Madrid? Somewhere in the world Jim Whyte is excessively salivating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

In a way I'd love to see absolutely nothing happen tomorrow just to spite SSN and Jim White!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Suarez to Madrid with Benzema + cash in other direction is my guess

Won't be close.
    I wouldn't be trying to strengthen them either though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Won't be close.

In fairness now Liverpool wouldn't exactly be rivals to Chelsea,have had great start to season but see where they are at Christmas.

deadline-day.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I wouldn't be trying to strengthen them either though.

Well it is only really strenghtening them for Chelseas rivals if Chelsea firmly believe Liverpool won't be where they are now come the wire,

Which if true benefits Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder what stories SSN will fabricate this time around. I remember they were outside Stoke and announced that Adam Johnson would be going on loan there.

10 minutes later they went back and said it wasn't true.

Cue pissed off looking Stoke fans. :pac:

deadline-day.jpg

Iconic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

8-10 wrote: »
    Suarez to Madrid with Benzema + cash in other direction is my guess

Doubt you could make Benzema come in the other direction, short of maybe holding him at gunpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

How many times will SSN have to apologise for some "language that may have caused offense" when young lads at the grounds start shouting random swear words behind the reporters? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

'EXCLUSIVE! - Here's the latest from Sky Sports outside Fulham's training ground where there's rumours Nicklas Bendtners joining on a 12 month loan!!!''

Stay glued to your telly/ipad ! We're here until midnight to bring you all the latest developments on the movements of journeymen nomarks on undisclosed fees !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doubt you could make Benzema come in the other direction, short of maybe holding him at gunpoint.

Play regular football in a world cup year or spend the year with the reserves. Doubt it would need a gun really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That_Guy wrote: »
    Cue pissed off looking Stoke fans. :pac:

Remember that the stoke fans looked like they came in from a 70`s timewarp.

Play regular football in a world cup year or spend the year with the reserves. Doubt it would need a gun really.

Benzema is first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

GTR63 wrote: »
    Remember that the stoke fans looked like they came in from a 70`s timewarp.

They'll be all waiting to hear about the astonishing record breaking move....

Trevor Francis moving to Forest.

Benzema is first choice.

But he wouldn't be if they bought Suarez.

Doubt they would spend £40m+ on Suarez just to stick him on the bench?

They are not buying Suarez. :)

You really think Karim Benzema needs to go to Liverpool to get first team football? Nobody else would want him?

I'd say that Arsenal and possibly Chelsea would jump at the chance to sign him.

You really think Karim Benzema needs to go to Liverpool to get first team football? Nobody else would want him?

I'd say that Arsenal and possibly Chelsea would jump at the chance to sign him.

Real could just say they won't accept bids from either of those teams if Liverpool made Benzema an essential part of a Suarez sale.

Real could just say they won't accept bids from either of those teams if Liverpool made Benzema an essential part of a Suarez sale.

They could. But he still wouldn't go. Players of Benzema's calibre don't leave Real Madrid for Liverpool.

Player exchange type transfers aren't that common. The idea that Benzema and Suarez will be trading places tomorrow is completely absurd.

They could. But he still wouldn't go. Players of Benzema's calibre don't leave Real Madrid for Liverpool.

Player exchange type transfers aren't that common. The idea that Benzema and Suarez will be trading places tomorrow is completely absurd.

Oh I agree. But I could see Benzema leaving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement