Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oluwashina Okeleji ‏@oluwashina 7m
    Personal terms agreed. Both clubs have agreed a transfer fee. African striker set for Cardiff City medical on Monday. Official: tomorrow.

That bloke works for the BBC World Service. I'd guess at Odemwingie as being the player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Paully D wrote: »
    Personal terms agreed. Both clubs have agreed a transfer fee. African striker set for Cardiff City medical on Monday. Official: tomorrow.

That bloke works for the BBC World Service. I'd guess at Odemwingie as being the player?

Drogba :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paully D wrote: »

Looking forward to Odemwingie getting the train down to Cardiff and thumbing to their stadium tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

23 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I just got a tweet from Hayley McQueen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

G.K. wrote: »
    23 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You've commenced the OPENROAD hourly tradition, it is in your hands to complete the task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool and Arsenal are battling for Florian Thauvin of Lille.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You've commenced the OPENROAD hourly tradition, it is in your hands to complete the task.

Oh god no!

If I had internet on my phone then maybe I could do it, but as I don't, I'm afraid there is no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I just got a tweet from Hayley McQueen!

She's looking for a go on your pipe mate :pac:

Jesus I'm all nervous now as a Arsenal supporter this is going to be a 24 hour of all kinds of running emotions hopefully with a happy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Looper007 wrote: »
    She's looking for a go on your pipe mate :pac:

Jesus I'm all nervous now as a Arsenal supporter this is going to be a 24 hour of all kinds of running emotions hopefully with a happy ending.

frankspencerohcrap_6242.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool and Arsenal are battling for Florian Thauvin of Lille.

Newcastle and Marseille in for him too.

According to reports from L'Equipe + others Liverpool have had €10m bid rejected. Arsenal and Newcastle have both bid €12m and OM have had undisclosed bid accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I probably say this every year but I am absolutely certain that today is going be THE most mental final day in the history of the transfer window EVER, even without Harry being involved !!!!!!!!!!

The Bale Transfer will open the floodgates for loads of other transfers that have been waiting (tagged POSSIBLE) in the wings to have the cash available to make them viable. Should be interesting ......

G.K. wrote: »
    Oh god no!

If I had internet on my phone then maybe I could do it, but as I don't, I'm afraid there is no hope.

:(

Well, I can take the reins until about 5am.

22 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

22 HOURS TO GO !!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I probably say this every year but I am absolutely certain that today is going be THE most mental final day in the history of the transfer window EVER, even without Harry being involved !!!!!!!!!!

The Bale Transfer will open the floodgates for loads of other transfers that have been waiting (tagged POSSIBLE) in the wings to have the cash available to make them viable. Should be interesting ......
    Oh Harry will be involved, just you wait. You're all nuts if you think he hasn't been waiting until tomorrow to complete about 5 deals that he had concluded in principle at the start of June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

8-10 wrote: »
    Suarez to Madrid with Benzema + cash in other direction is my guess

Completely bonkers! Benzema wouldn't sign for a club not competing in European competition. I'd say suarez will stay or if Madrid do bid it'll be cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wonder how many people we will get acting the bollocks or being unintentionally funny (like the roll up man below :pac:) beside/behind reporters tomorrow? Stoke are usually a certainty (although it looks more like a scene from Dawn of the Dead when they all turn up):

21 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Even if I got €1,000 I wouldn't stand outside the training ground or stadium like a dreg cheering a club signing Wilson Palacios.
    In hindsight £8m had me thinking was Mark Hughes there then.

• Advertisement

20 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

19 HOURS TO GO !!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

HERE COMES A MIDFIELDER!

OH PLEASE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

18 HOURS TO GO!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

5 hours with no transfers - it's going to be a quiet day...hopefully

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

17 hours to go! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ha love the commitment lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

1000 minutes to go!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Forest

In: James Demetetriou (Sydney Olympic) undisclosed. 18 year old striker and Australia's best up and coming young talent, apparently.

Have offered Wolves £3m for Bakary Sako but been told to come back with £4m. We're also after Riccardo Vaz Te (West Ham), Grant Leadbitter (Boro), Jason Holt (Hearts) and Matty Fryatt (Hull).

Out: Kuwaiti keeper Al Rashidi could go on loan to get some much needed game time and experience. Midfielder Guy Moussi and striker Ismael Miller may also be on the way out, although I'd like to see Miller stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Good old Jimbo....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

15 hours 2 mins to go wooooooooo i cant handle the excitment. liverpool top of the league and have 3 or 4 to be confirmed into the club today. hopefully we'll get them cheaper than expected and we get a suprise aswell:D a guy can dream

Tiago llori to Liverpool confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

thats one down. suarez to madrid could still be on though. a 50 million pound bid today is touted. maybe a swap deal?? i just hope we replace him if we have to. sturridge has more than filled his boots already but its not a bad thing to have more than one striker who cant stop scoring

Quagliarella to west brom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It really is just insane to see Real spend that money on Bale, while the majority of La Liga clubs have to take whatever offers for players they can get just to stay afloat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Paulegend wrote: »
    thats one down. suarez to madrid could still be on though. a 50 million pound bid today is touted. maybe a swap deal?? i just hope we replace him if we have to. sturridge has more than filled his boots already but its not a bad thing to have more than one striker who cant stop scoring

I think them blowing £85m on Bale has pretty much ended any chance of them signing Suarez. For a start, no way should Liverpool accept anything less for Suarez. TBH, I think Bale has always been their target, it was Suarez who flirted with Real and they never really looked committed to getting him.

On a side note, great to see clubs really take the FFP rules seriously :p

If they manage to get a £40m for Ozil though from Arsenal, they'll actually only be about £20m in the red this Summer :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

e8b335722eae12030ad481b053fb834c.png

126db4fda389c32669e3bb8c71e9c05b.png

Absolutely ecstatic about the latter in the main :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That permanent or a loan deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good signing Nuri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Bacchus wrote: »
    On a side note, great to see clubs really take the FFP rules seriously :p

To be fair, Real have MASSIVE revenues, they can well afford this.
    Monaco, PSG and (to a lesser extent) Man City cannot. Their signings are being backrolled by owners, in the hope that it brings success and they can balance the books that way.

My worry is that it will allow either Ozil or Di Maria to go to Arsenal, after all the strengthening that Spurs have already done, as they are Liverpool's main rivals. Although the way United are playing, maybe not. :D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That permanent or a loan deal?

Both are permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sakho is an excellent player. Pity about his attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sakho is an excellent player. Pity about his attitude.

What are his attitude issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Both are permanent.

Sakho could become a beast for ye lot, good business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He thinks he's a bad-ass, one-man wrecking machine.

Oh no, wait - he is! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There will be one WTF?! signing today.

Something rival Torres/Carroll, Robinho and Masch/Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good pickups by Liverpool. Always did rate Sahko, maybe now he'll get his act together because the ability is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Showed good promise but was never trusted in the big games. Fell out with lots of people at PSG. I don't think he's very intelligent and comes across as a bit daft. He has savage natural ability and should of easily been able to displace Alex out of that team but he wasn't up to the job and moaned when he didnt play. He's also a poor trainer apparently. There seems to be a negative attitude surrounding him in Paris so maybe a change of scenery will help with that.

Showed good promise but was never trusted in the big games. Fell out with lots of people at PSG. I don't think he's very intelligent and comes across as a bit daft. He has savage natural ability and should of easily been able to displace Alex out of that team but he wasn't up to the job and moaned when he didnt play. He's also a poor trainer apparently. There seems to be a negative attitude surrounding him in Paris so maybe a change of scenery will help with that.

Up until last season he played in pretty much every PSG game. His attitude issues were a result of being dropped for the Brazilians and having the captaincy taken away from him though, something he cherished. unlike many players. It was a slap in the face for him really. In his position I cannot blame him for not being happy. Himself and Leonardo just didn't get on before the latter stepped aside from his role. Players at the club have said what a likeable person he is and he's a real fans favourite in Paris.

• Advertisement
Advertisement