Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Arnautovic to Stoke is an interesting signing. Very talented but a bit of lunatic If he gets his head together and is played LWF or centrally, he could be a very good player for them. Probably asking too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

How much did sakho cost?

Very good signing for pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lads, who's on Odemwingie watch today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Oranage2 wrote: »
    How much did sakho cost?

Very good signing for pool.

Seems like about £15M, but not sure whether that includes add-ons, which would be about £3M...

BTJaYNvIUAEUKA-.jpg:large

Wenger Knows Best @wengerknowsbest
    "Ivan? The deal is done? That is exceptional, the fans will be delighted! What?...Gary O'Neill? No, I said Mesut Özil!..."

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 23s
    West Brom have given Peter Odemwingie permission to speak to Cardiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lads, who's on Odemwingie watch today?

May be heading to Cardiff. But the after his previous antics, who really knows;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ooh i hate that man on Sky Sports news that over prenounces every word

Ooh i hate that man on Sky Sports news that over prenounces every word

Kaveh Solhekol?

A few Twitter pages suggesting Chelsea have made an approach for Khedira, if its true it would be a huge improvement on our current options, I doubt it is true though, of all the players Real could sell a CM is down the list of guys they need to ship out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

12 HOURS TO GO !!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BTJjGyXIEAA_BZV.jpg

BTI8owKIAAAbUlk.jpg

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    e8b335722eae12030ad481b053fb834c.png

126db4fda389c32669e3bb8c71e9c05b.png

Absolutely ecstatic about the latter in the main :)

and..

7f3e96ddfb08dad0ffeb58f950afbd68.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why would United deny the Ozil rumour? Would be a chance to unsettle Arsenal... and put pressure on Bilbao to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

miralize wrote: »
    Why would United deny the Ozil rumour? Would be a chance to unsettle Arsenal... and put pressure on Bilbao to sell.

Treat em mean, keep em keen.

A few Twitter pages suggesting Chelsea have made an approach for Khedira, if its true it would be a huge improvement on our current options, I doubt it is true though, of all the players Real could sell a CM is down the list of guys they need to ship out.

Not sure I agree, they bought two CMs this summer, and also have Modric and Alonso. I think they could afford to let one of them leave, for the right fee...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Say their not interested. If arsenal deal falls through, then united are in a strong position to get a better deal as "they are not that interested".

Kaveh Solhekol?

Yes... Oh god... Dont know the man but i can say i hate him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Tinie wrote: »
    Say their not interested. If arsenal deal falls through, then united are in a strong position to get a better deal as "they are not that interested".

Is that really worth it on deadline day? If they're not interested then Arsenal get him questionless.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Not sure I agree, they bought two CMs this summer, and also have Modric and Alonso. I think they could afford to let one of them leave, for the right fee...

Who did they buy that can play CM? Havent really followed the Spanish transfers TBH.

:pac:
    Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker

Breaking news: @GarethBale11 has passed his medical with @realmadrid . And will finally sign for Chelsea later today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is that really worth it on deadline day? If they're not interested then Arsenal get him questionless.

Not if arsenal can't/won't meet his evaluation.

I dont think United are after Ozil personally.

West Brom have used up all their loan deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Who did they buy that can play CM? Havent really followed the Spanish transfers TBH.

Illarramendi and Casemiro.

• Advertisement

Illarramendi and Casemiro.

Forgot about Illarramendi actually. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it'll give me a few hours for a potential deal anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

In work at the moment, whose the poor fúcker that Sky sent to Stoke?

Khedira while more than simply a physical presence obviously, has just that to offer along with his versatility compared to Real's central midfielder players. Can't see him being sold today anyway.

Also factor in Xabi's 3 month injury lay off after fracturing his metatarsal.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 14s
    ARSENAL'S BID FOR OZIL HAS BEEN OUTBID BY PSG 2 MINUTES AGO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

West Brom are in talks with Sessegnon.

Would be a good signing for them.

• Advertisement

That's Arsenal signing him then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Should be a flat ban for posting anything that guy tweets.

Khedira while more than simply a physical presence obviously, has just that to offer along with his versatility compared to Real's central midfielder players. Can't see him being sold today anyway.

Also factor in Xabi's 3 month injury lay off after fracturing his metatarsal.

I'd agree with ya, I find it hard to believe we'd be in for him this late in the window TBH. Unless Mikel is on the way out.

Illarramendi and Isco, both for about €30M each, and Casemiro, a DCM from Brazil, more for the future...

Illarramendi and Isco, both for about €30M each, and Casemiro, a DCM from Brazil, more for the fuure...

Isco is a CAM who.... sigh, (hate seeing CAM's being wasted out wide. Shinji!!!) can be used as a wing forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

According to @JohnCrossMirror - "I'm hearing Mesut Ozil is agreed and done to Arsenal as a permanent deal"

Ok Sky are getting desperate. They just reported on the queue at madrids stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Illarramendi and Isco, both for about €30M each, and Casemiro, a DCM from Brazil, more for the fuure...

Isco is more Ozil's replacement tbph. Already got 3 goals too. Got a hard on there when the woman on Sky said Liverpool and league leaders in the same sentence.

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    According to @JohnCrossMirror - "I'm hearing Mesut Ozil is agreed and done to Arsenal as a permanent deal"

Tweet Cross and ask him if there Suarez deal is done yet :P The guy's track record for transfers is fairly appalling in general I remember reading a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tweet Cross and ask him if there Suarez deal is done yet :P The guy's track record for transfers is fairly appalling in general I remember reading a month ago.

Don't think he ever said Suarez was done though? Think he said Higuain was mind..

• Advertisement

Borini having a medical at Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He is very close to Arsenal though and is pretty much their mouthpiece in the media. If he has got things wrong in the past such as Suarez I'd suggest that that's probably down to Arsenal being useless at closing deals. Which of course means that Ozil probably won't happen...!

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't think he ever said Suarez was done though? Think he said Higuain was mind..

Fairly sure he did, hence the amount of stick he got from Liverpool fans. Though he also made some daft comments about Liverpool when it looked like the deal was officially dead too.

Isco is a CAM who.... sigh, (hate seeing CAM's being wasted out wide. Shinji!!!) can be used as a wing forward.

But so is Modric. Anyway, just saying that (when all fit), they have plenty of depth. Looking like an attacking 6 of

Khedira
    --Modric---Isco----
    Ronaldo
    Bale-
    Benzema

with Illara, Ozil, Di Maria, Alonso, Jese and Morata in reserve. That's just GREEDY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ozil to Arsenal is blowing my mind. Arsenal are a great club who I have a bit of a soft-spot for but they're clearly a step down from Madrid. Why is no one else in for him? Why are Real Madrid letting him go? He's 24 years old and should be the main man for them for another decade. None of this makes sense.

It'll be an incredible piece of business for Arsenal if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why is no one else in for him? Why are Real Madrid letting him go? He's 24 years old and should be the main man for them for another decade. None of this makes sense.

This is Real Madrid you are talking about here, very little makes sense when it comes to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Ozil to Arsenal is blowing my mind. Arsenal are a great club who I have a bit of a soft-spot for but they're clearly a step down from Madrid. Why is no one else in for him? Why are Real Madrid letting him go? He's 24 years old and should be the main man for them for another decade. None of this makes sense.

It'll be an incredible piece of business for Arsenal if it happens.

Yes Arsenal are currently a step down from Madrid. Only one way to get back to their level. Buy all their players;)

But so is Modric. Anyway, just saying that (when all fit), they have plenty of depth. Looking like an attacking 6 of

Khedira
    --Modric---Isco----
    Ronaldo
    Bale-
    Benzema

with Illara, Ozil, Di Maria, Alonso, Jese and Morata in reserve. That's just GREEDY.

Modric plays deeper for Real Madrid, more of a conventional CM. Under Mourinho he played as the CAM on a few occasions but more so he was rotated with Alonso, Essien and Khedira.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am ridiculously jealous of the idea of Ozil in an Arsenal shirt. I'd be buying a United jersey this evening if we signed him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Also this now...

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 2m
    Arsenal agree €50m deal with Real Madrid for Ozil. Personal terms in place & medical in Ger today but not signed yet #bbcfootball #afc

Advertisement