Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

GTR63 wrote: »
    Usain Bolt on SSN asking for a "Creative Midfielder" like a sad twat. Is Kagawa not that you twonk!

Someone should tell Moyes that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Brilliant signing for Arsenal if it goes through.

He'll be one of the best players in the league instantly, great news for the PL and will make Arsenal some team to watch from a neutral perspective.

Highest assister in the world last season iirc, and scores a good amount of goals as well

Giroud must be like this at home watching tv hearing that news

66318_600.gif

I thought that was Giroud in the Pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Paully D wrote: »
    Selling Sessegnon to a club we would be expecting to be in or around us this season along with replacing him with a loan signing who will be straight back to his parent club next season if he does well along with signing an almost 32 year old left back who failed a medical at Serie A relegation battlers Torino last week.

Pure desperation stuff from us after what looked like being a promising transfer window earlier in the summer. Pathetic. It's going to be a very long season.

Surprised at Sessegnon to West Brom. Does he have bad rep now or something? Would love him at Villa, but he's not a 'Lambert signing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

9 HOURS TO GO!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »
    Surprised at Sessegnon to West Brom. Does he have bad rep now or something? Would love him at Villa, but he's not a 'Lambert signing'.

Caught drink driving last week, but the club have been trying to force him out the door for a while now. As I said in the Sunderland thread last week, I think it would be a good move to sell him abroad as we can play 4-4-2 every week when Fletcher is fit and wouldn't have to try and accommodate him, but to sell him to a club we will be battling to stay up against and replace him with a loan who won't be here next season is suicidal. You just know he will come back to haunt us when we play them in a couple of weeks also.

****ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

God Paully I don't half have a soft spot for Sunderland because of you :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Balague saying United have offered the €36m asking price for Herrera.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Haven't heard much about this Herrera, what sort of player is he? Is he worth that much money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Liverpool winning the annoy the reporter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Balague saying United have offered the €36m asking price for Herrera.

Might still not be enough.

Isn't the problem with the Spanish buyout clause the Tax?

As far as I remember from the Martinez to Bayern Saga the Player has to buy himself out of the contract. Manu could give him the money, but that money would then be taxed by the Spanish revenue, which means the transfer would actually be much more expensive then 30 mil.

Bayern negotiated hard with Bilbao at the time and they very reluctently agreed to get paid by Bayern directly (with cleraed cheque being delivered by Bayern's Lawyers to the Spanish Football Assiciation as intermediary. etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

wow, that's a lot of money for Herrera. I remember being very impressed b him when he played in a midfield 3 with Thiago Alcantara and Javi Msrtinez in Spain's European under 21 victory for year, kept an eye on him at Bilbao ever since. He had a poor last season, upset by injury and the general unrest caused on Bielsa's behavior and questionable tactics. He was excellent though in Bielsa's first season at the club, a classy central midfielder, though he does have a bit of a temper and fight about him. That being said, I am not at all convinced that he is worth €36 million, not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Liverpool winning the annoy the reporter

I`m really hoping S.Ireland`s loan deal goes through at Stoke.

Lewis Holtby is in the Spurs squad for their U-21 game tonight. Why doesn't someone make a move for him, even on loan for the year? Good player IMO and would improve a lot of teams in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dan Walker ‏@mrdanwalker 2m

From the conversation I have just had... if Fellaini doesn't move to #MUFC today I will eat 2 of my own fingers #EFC

Fellaini & Herrera?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hate agreeing with La Masia's No.1 Fan, but he's right. I do like Herrera as a player and am fairly sure I said it at the time in the Euro U21 thread back in 2011 that he was my unsung hero of that side who went on to win the tournament, but United are overpaying by €16-21M IMHO here. But desperate times and all that jazz, he's a good signing and if they can get Fellani on top of this, they can salvage this transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Dempsey wrote: »
    Someone should tell Moyes that

The man doesn't trust creativity. The spines of his teams have always been players that do the simple things well, but effective in getting among the goals - Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Neville, Osman, Gibson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hate agreeing with La Masia's No.1 Fan, but he's right. I do like Herrera as a player and am fairly sure I said it at the time in the Euro U21 thread back in 2011 that he was my unsung hero of that side who went on to win the tournament, but United are overpaying by €16-21M IMHO here. But desperate times and all that jazz, he's a good signing and if they can get Fellani on top of this, they can salvage this transfer window.

The Anderson + Cleverley factor plus the 8 hour left in the window problem, add in the United tax.

That's where that 16-21m is coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lewis Holtby is in the Spurs squad for their U-21 game tonight. Why doesn't someone make a move for him, even on loan for the year? Good player IMO and would improve a lot of teams in the Premier League.

cause hes ours and we own him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We are overpaying. But similar to Real with Illarramendi, he had a definite price that we had to meet if we wanted him, and it looks like we will, which makes me happy to see that Moyes wants him enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Dickerty wrote: »
    The man doesn't trust creativity. The spines of his teams have always been players that do the simple things well, but effective in getting among the goals - Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Neville, Osman, Gibson...

Absolutely nothing wrong with Arteta creatively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Depp wrote: »
    cause hes ours and we own him

Loaning him out would make sesne, he probably wont get much more then 15 games this season, if he went to another EPL team he could get double that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Said almost as much in the United thread yesterday.

The Anderson + Cleverley factor plus the 8 hour left in the window problem, add in the United tax.

I'm well aware of that, but it doesn't surprise me any less though. Overspending on the right player I'm all for, said it many times this summer in the Liverpool superthread, but in the sense of overspending by 5-10M.

For genuine quality, let's just use Özil for example, anything more than 5-10M extra I can understand.

As I said though, if you can get him and Fellani, you'll have done well and like Liverpool (Sakho) and an Arsenal (Özil) to an extent (wasn't needed IMO but worth it nonetheless) have managed to salvage this summer

Fitness? Think he was injured for a little while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

more Di Canio madness.
    Sessegnon at WBA training ground, so deal as good as done. Big call from Di Canio, whose judgement has been backed to the hilt.
    http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2013-09-02/sessegnon-at-wba/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Please sell/loan Kagawa.

SlickRic wrote: »

It's ****ing outrageous is what it is, the club can just go and **** themselves. This tweet sums up the logic of the move:
    Michael Graham ‏@Capt_Fishpaste 9m
    Sessegnon became too expensive a spare part for a club intent on playing 4-4-2 and putting crosses in the box. Shame, but there we are.

I advocated selling him abroad based on the above, however, selling arguably your best player to the only team below you in the league is criminal, absolutely ****ing criminal.

Have a look at our fixtures between now and January. We could easily not win another game between now and then. They can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What's the Anderson + cleverly factor?

There's 8 hours left for everyone, I dont think Arsenal have in anyway overpaid for Ozil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Loaning him out would make sesne, he probably wont get much more then 15 games this season, if he went to another EPL team he could get double that.

yeah theres talk of a loan move that would see him at ajax for the year, itd be great for his development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What's the Anderson + cleverly factor?

There's 8 hours left for everyone, I dont think Arsenal have in anyway overpaid for Ozil?

They're shíte and we'll be lucky to get 3rd if they are to be the only partners for Carrick.

Other clubs know how badly United need a CM, when United enquire I'm sure 5m is slapped on the asking price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oat23 wrote: »
    Please sell/loan Kagawa.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

"cant let the cats out of the bag because sometimes people go and nick 'em"

Gillingham manager Martin Allen throwing around accusations of cat burglaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Seanie Johnston's gone back to Cavan Gaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They're shíte and we'll be lucky to get 3rd if they are to be the only partners for Carrick.

I thought you meant they were in some way increasing the price, Cleverley was awful yesterday.

It's ****ing outrageous is what it is, the club can just go and **** themselves. This tweet sums up the logic of the move:

I advocated selling him abroad based on the above, however, selling arguably your best player to the only team below you in the league is criminal, absolutely ****ing criminal.

Have a look at our fixtures between now and January. We could easily not win another game between now and then. They can **** off.

i have genuine sympathy here.

the club have sold you down the river with di Canio. yes, his initial energy arguably kept you up, but he's a fraud. a complete fraud.

i hope the board sees it before it's too late, for your and your ilk's sake.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Please sell/loan Kagawa.

Keep the car running Oatsey, I'll run into Old Tratford and get him. Then we can bring him back to Germany, maybe stop off for some bratwurst on the way there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

8 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

tension_full.jpg

BTKbQ0ECYAAPXKJ.jpg:large

Stephen Ireland is at Stoke for a medical ahead of a loan move from Aston Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Is Ozil to Arsenal the big surprise of TDD? Or will there be another massive one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jonny666 wrote: »
    Is Ozil to Arsenal the big surprise of TDD? Or will there be another massive one?

Id say that could be it,unless Mata leaves Chelsea for another PL club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

If i told ya it would be a sh!te surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jesus they will have to get that reporter at Liverpool a stool so we can see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Mata to Liverpool ;)

Reports from L'equipe that Mata is in discussions with PSG..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

PSG after Mata report L'Equipe

that would make more sense than Liverpool, for a host of different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I still dont see Mata leaving, unless PSG are in for him and offer at least double what we paid originally for him and more, I dont think it will be entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Chelsea would be bonkers to sell Mata... was their best player for the last 2 seasons! What is Mourinhio thinking?? Willian is good but not as good as Mata!

Özil has passed his Arsenal medical and has agreed personal terms according to BILD.

If Kicker reports similar, it's 100% done for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement