Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks Hot Sauce ideas

Options
  • 01-09-2013 7:03pm

Hi everyone,

I bought some of this cos I love buffalo wings but have now decided I can't be bothered with the faff of actually making wings (don't have a deep fat fryer so would need to oven bake them)...was thinking of just cutting up a breast and cooking the pieces in Franks and butter...any other ideas that would work? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I know someone who mixes it in with turkey mince when she's making turkey burgers and she says they're delicious. I'd say bit of crumbled blue cheese in the mix would be really nice.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I bought some of this cos I love buffalo wings but have now decided I can't be bothered with the faff of actually making wings (don't have a deep fat fryer so would need to oven bake them)...was thinking of just cutting up a breast and cooking the pieces in Franks and butter...any other ideas that would work? :)

I buy the big family pack of wings, marinade them then portion them up for sharing, and freeze them. I bake them in the oven though. No deep fat fryer here either!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

Neyite wrote: »
    I buy the big family pack of wings, marinade them then portion them up for sharing, and freeze them. I bake them in the oven though. No deep fat fryer here either!

Hey...I don't have a deep fat fryer either so I'm wondering what your recipe is for the oven cooked wings? Are they coated in flour? How long/temp do you bake them? Thank you in advance.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cw girl wrote: »
    Hey...I don't have a deep fat fryer either so I'm wondering what your recipe is for the oven cooked wings? Are they coated in flour? How long/temp do you bake them? Thank you in advance.

I puts them in a bowl, shakes franks sauce all over them and make sure they are all coated. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate. Order dominos. :D spread some wings on a baking tray, and bake around 200 degrees for about 30 mins or until delivery guy arrives with rest of dinner. :D

Not very accurate I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I toss chicken thighs in milk and cornflour and shallow fry. Melt Franks and butter together and pour over top of cooked chicken. Its yummmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Spiced up mac & cheese
    Buffalo turkey pie
    Buffalo blasts
    Buffalo chicken and blue cheese wraps
    Lamb skewers.

The Frank's website also has absolutely loads of recipes on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I bought this tonight - I'm living at home with the parents and cook all our dinners. Didn't realise just how hot it would be! Gave mam a tiny bit (like minuscule!) and she nearly passed out. I bought chicken thighs so was hoping to use it for them - any recipes which only call for a little of the hot sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

gg2 wrote: »
    I bought this tonight - I'm living at home with the parents and cook all our dinners. Didn't realise just how hot it would be! Gave mam a tiny bit (like minuscule!) and she nearly passed out. I bought chicken thighs so was hoping to use it for them - any recipes which only call for a little of the hot sauce?

Boneless wings, but increase the amount of butter significantly.

Search for the elephant and castle wings thread :)

Or the cooking club Mac and cheese is also lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I get a couple of chicken fillets, chop them into bite-sized chunks, dip them in egg and coat them in breadcrumbs.

Fry them for 5-10 mins (they are amazing if you cook them in an air-fryer, but I'm sure if you bake/deep-fry them they would be great too).

Lather in hot sauce and enjoy with a cold beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Shredded chicken mixed with Franks and butter and heated for a minute is amazing with coleslaw and some cheese in a burger bun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement