Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music *REALLY NEED ADVICE*

Options
  • 01-09-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, i'm repeating the leaving cert this year. i want to drop ordinary irish and english and pick up higher music. if i do, i'd be doing grade 6 with my piano teacher. got an honour in my grade 5 exam so i'm pretty good at piano. i know the practical is 50% if you choose it as the elective, which is what i'd what to pick. every other aspect of the course seems kinda hard as i haven't done music for junior cert or anything. the music teacher at the school didn't really give me much help for the brief moment i was talking to him, i don't really know what to ask. so i really need help with the whole thing.. so to summarise..

1) i need a clear outline on the syllabus.
    2) i'm doing six higher subjects if i do music, will it be hard to do in a year? and will it be hard having not done it for junior cert, but having done up to grade 5 riam exams?

p.s i'd be looking for at least a B2, confident i can get close to or full marks in the practical

thanks, matt :o

Advertisement