Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Year UCC Students 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Has everyone received their info for registration from the college already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have.. Have you not?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    I have.. Have you not?

Yeah I'm only asking because usually this forum would be a lot busier.

shezer wrote: »
    Yeah I'm only asking because usually this forum would be a lot busier.

Yeah I noticed, I'm a little surprised there's not many mature student threads.

I take it most of the CAO round 2 offers have went out by now and should be accepted or declined.Are you a mature?

• Advertisement

I take it most of the CAO round 2 offers have went out by now and should be accepted or declined.Are you a mature?

I am indeed, only 25 though so I'm not old yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I'm ancient, I'll be starting Computer Science.

What's ancient? Anyone doing the aul LAW

Addmagnet wrote: »

Ah yer not that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seaic

What's ancient? Anyone doing the aul LAW

I am.. straight law is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pixie1990

I'm doing evening law course but soooooo nervous in early 20's :-/

Straight law yeah. I take it your doing 4 modules Pixie (or 5 since constitutional is split now)

Straight law yeah. I take it your doing 4 modules Pixie (or 5 since constitutional is split now)

Ya first term fundamental rights and second term inst of gov.... Really nervous about starting.... :(

Pixie1990 wrote: »
    Ya first term fundamental rights and second term inst of gov.... Really nervous about starting.... :(

Don't be. You'll be fine. I was through it but never sat exams because of being out sick. I know what's involved. I would say try your best to stay on top of your reading and workload. Familiarise yourself with the Law section in the Boole. Drop me a shout on this if you like or if your stuck with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

1st year BIS, staying in vic mills!

Don't be. You'll be fine. I was through it but never sat exams because of being out sick. I know what's involved. I would say try your best to stay on top of your reading and workload. Familiarise yourself with the Law section in the Boole. Drop me a shout on this if you like or if your stuck with anything.

Thanks appreciate it! I'm sure il be ok after a few weeks... Looking forward to start studying something again get the grey matter going. :D

Hector122 wrote: »
    1st year BIS, staying in vic mills!

Im living in vic mills too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 helenosullivan

first year international commerce... brookfield for me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Giving it holly

I'm also a mature student starting Computer Science. What subjects did you pick to make up the 10 credits.
    I completed the Registration 1 last week. Does anything happen now or must i just turn up on Tuesday with the emails i got?
    I think I'll make you look young as I'll be the oldest in the class. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I'm also a mature student starting Computer Science. What subjects did you pick to make up the 10 credits.
    I completed the Registration 1 last week. Does anything happen now or must i just turn up on Tuesday with the emails i got?
    I think I'll make you look young as I'll be the oldest in the class. lol

I picked the two 5 credit courses - Calculus and Introduction to Analysis were their titles I believe. Now we just turn up with the young 'uns on Tuesday for orientation and registration part 2.

At the risk of turning it into a willy-waving contest, you'd need to be over 50 to make me look young :D

• Advertisement

I picked the two 5 credit courses - Calculus and Introduction to Analysis were their titles I believe. Now we just turn up with the young 'uns on Tuesday for orientation and registration part 2.

At the risk of turning it into a willy-waving contest, you'd need to be over 50 to make me look young :D

ehhh.....This isn't that type of chat forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Computer Science. Have a car pool with a few friends going from Mallow, so I'll be at home for this year anyway, next year might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 niamhc11

am I the only first year not staying on campus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KingaC1401

No you're not! I'm renting out a room in a house share haha

house share im sharing with 7 other people where are you?

im just living with one of my sisters friends on union quay? its like 10 mins walk from ucc!:) what about you?

im on barrack street im doin arts you in on Wednesday?

yeah im doing arts too and yeah ill be in im moving down to cork on wednesday for good:)

oh im moving tomorrow evening ya know so what will you be studying me im maths English geo and psychology wher you from im a tipp lady myself

• Advertisement

yeah im doing psychology english and sociology anyway dunno about my 4th one yet, either archealogy or geo.. and im from laois:) you excited to be moving all the way to cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tallemma

Any DARE students ? (I'm leaving cert) need advice thanks. Also considering law or law and french UCC :D

yup cant wait ive been out in cork a few times and it is great craic. hbu your coming from laois I hpe they win the all Ireland it will be buzzing

yeah me too my sisters live in cork so im always down there i love it! haha yeah i hope so too

Who agrees with me that this thread should be sticky?

sure might see ya around or not its fairly big :)

• Advertisement

oh stop apparently theres over 1000 first years coming into ucc this year its crazy

KingaC1401 wrote: »
    oh stop apparently theres over 1000 first years coming into ucc this year its crazy

More than that Id say. Why what are you doing?

good house parties anyways see you Wednesday I suppose :p p.m if you want do you know anyone because I dont

Im doing arts (psychology, sociology, english and something else) haha and you?

Im doing arts (psychology, sociology, english and something else) haha and you?
    Commerce International.. When's your orientation?

• Advertisement

its this wednesday moving down to cork for good on tuesday :o what about you?

its this wednesday moving down to cork for good on tuesday :o what about you?

Last Friday it was good enough like. I'm staying in a house in College Road with second years I know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

A lot more than that. Total student body is around 18,000.

Lucky! ive been looking for house sharing on daft but all the people living there were like mature students so i wouldnt like that.. im just gonna stay with my sisters friend until i find something else haha

Lucky! ive been looking for house sharing on daft but all the people living there were like mature students so i wouldnt like that.. im just gonna stay with my sisters friend until i find something else haha

Ill PM you there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Starting evening law also. Terrified :eek: mid twenties and working full time so it'll be tough enough I'd imagine.

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Starting evening law also. Terrified :eek: mid twenties and working full time so it'll be tough enough I'd imagine.

And you'll be grand too. Evening law has 7 hours of lectures for 4 subjects or 40 credits while full time law has 11 hours for 6 subjects or 60 credits.

Take a look at the book of modules here to see what is covered and what is involved-http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/LW.html

if anyone is moving to cork today p.m me

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Have you orientation Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

And you'll be grand too. Evening law has 7 hours of lectures for 4 subjects or 40 credits while full time law has 11 hours for 6 subjects or 60 credits.

Take a look at the book of modules here to see what is covered and what is involved-http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/LW.html
    Thanks. I'm pretty sussed with the modules, total nerd :o I'm not too worried, already did a degree straight out of school but feeling so old (at 25!) compared to some students I see around.
    Seaic wrote: »
    Have you orientation Wednesday?

Nope, Monday 16th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement