Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year UCC Students 2013-2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tallemma

Any DARE students ? (I'm leaving cert) need advice thanks. Also considering law or law and french UCC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 niamhc11

yup cant wait ive been out in cork a few times and it is great craic. hbu your coming from laois I hpe they win the all Ireland it will be buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KingaC1401

yeah me too my sisters live in cork so im always down there i love it! haha yeah i hope so too

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Seaic

Who agrees with me that this thread should be sticky?

sure might see ya around or not its fairly big :)

• Advertisement

oh stop apparently theres over 1000 first years coming into ucc this year its crazy

KingaC1401 wrote: »
    oh stop apparently theres over 1000 first years coming into ucc this year its crazy

More than that Id say. Why what are you doing?

good house parties anyways see you Wednesday I suppose :p p.m if you want do you know anyone because I dont

Im doing arts (psychology, sociology, english and something else) haha and you?

Im doing arts (psychology, sociology, english and something else) haha and you?
    Commerce International.. When's your orientation?

• Advertisement

its this wednesday moving down to cork for good on tuesday :o what about you?

its this wednesday moving down to cork for good on tuesday :o what about you?

Last Friday it was good enough like. I'm staying in a house in College Road with second years I know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

A lot more than that. Total student body is around 18,000.

Lucky! ive been looking for house sharing on daft but all the people living there were like mature students so i wouldnt like that.. im just gonna stay with my sisters friend until i find something else haha

Lucky! ive been looking for house sharing on daft but all the people living there were like mature students so i wouldnt like that.. im just gonna stay with my sisters friend until i find something else haha

Ill PM you there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Starting evening law also. Terrified :eek: mid twenties and working full time so it'll be tough enough I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Starting evening law also. Terrified :eek: mid twenties and working full time so it'll be tough enough I'd imagine.

And you'll be grand too. Evening law has 7 hours of lectures for 4 subjects or 40 credits while full time law has 11 hours for 6 subjects or 60 credits.

Take a look at the book of modules here to see what is covered and what is involved-http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/LW.html

if anyone is moving to cork today p.m me

Have you orientation Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

shezer wrote: »
    And you'll be grand too. Evening law has 7 hours of lectures for 4 subjects or 40 credits while full time law has 11 hours for 6 subjects or 60 credits.

Take a look at the book of modules here to see what is covered and what is involved-http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/LW.html
    Thanks. I'm pretty sussed with the modules, total nerd :o I'm not too worried, already did a degree straight out of school but feeling so old (at 25!) compared to some students I see around.
    Seaic wrote: »
    Have you orientation Wednesday?

Nope, Monday 16th.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'm pretty sussed with the modules, total nerd :o I'm not too worried, already did a degree straight out of school but feeling so old (at 25!) compared to some students I see around.

Nope, Monday 16th.

I'm 28....I'd feel old if I was heading out on class parties and the likes. The evening classes have a way higher average age anyway so you'll be grand.

whats old about 28 ? just go out and have fun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I'm 28 also. It'll be feel a bit embarrassing enrolling with all the kids again but this is the hand I was dealt. I just don't know why more older people don't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

A definite young 'un here, not even 18 until January ;) (but have an ID ofc!) doing Undergrad Med, staying at home unfortunately as I live less than 20 mins from UCC!

I have to say it is really handy living close to the college or even in the city. You and/or your parents save a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

To anyone who hasn't had their orientation day yet, it is an extremely long day, so wear comfortable and strong shoes.

Had mine today, 9 bloody hours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

shezer wrote: »
    I have to say it is really handy living close to the college or even in the city. You and/or your parents save a fortune.

Yeah that is true but at the same time I still worry about missing out a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D.Millar

yeah im doing psychology english and sociology anyway dunno about my 4th one yet, either archealogy or geo.. and im from laois:) you excited to be moving all the way to cork?

Kinga i'm doing all three of those subjects too! Have you figured out the timetable yet? It's so confusing!!

On another note, i had my orientation today - bloody exhausted!
    I had nobody in my group around the same age as me (23) but from what i can see on here there are a few around my age though! :)

D.Millar wrote: »
    Kinga i'm doing all three of those subjects too! Have you figured out the timetable yet? It's so confusing!!

On another note, i had my orientation today - bloody exhausted!
    I had nobody in my group around the same age as me (23) but from what i can see on here there are a few around my age though! :)

Ill see you in them so! Yes i looked at the timetable but i have no idea where my lectures are going to be haha, i had my orientation today too it was such a long day! there is actually alot of mature students in first year well from what i saw today anyway and 23 is not even that old!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

well anyone been out down i cork yet? where are the good spots to head? :P

Advertisement